May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 10/27

Re: Weekend Randoms 10/27

• Options
    Im realizing what a chatty bunch we are. I haven't been able to keep up on all the threads!

• Options
    I’m just relaxing this weekend. It is going to be crappy weather (Nor'easter) so perfect excuse to curl up and watch TV. Plus game 4 of the World Series is on tonight so even more reason to not go out (Go Red Sox #DoDamage)!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today is the first day since finding out about this baby that I’ve been really REALLY excited I’m pregnant. I think DS just keeps me so busy and he is here NOW that I often forget or can’t focus on anything else. It’s nice! This baby will be in our bedroom for a while and we don’t have an extra room for it so I’m looking up master bedroom nursery corner ideas. 

• Options
    Every time someone mentions snow I have a split second where I actually think it's May and can't figure out why it's still snowing. 

Just laying around the house. I want to take DS somewhere but not sure where. Doctor approved the trampolines. My best friend just got home from training with the military, and she was talking about doing something but I don't think she will be able to go to the trampolines. And I'm not sure what else we could do with 4 kids. Think I might just take him myself and hang out with her later. Should also clean my house 🤔
  • Options
    Omg, I just had a stupid, but intense argument with DH about cleaning the kitchen. .... We have a bit of a role reversal so he was actually the one reminding me to clean the kitchen and I thought he was micro managing me.... anyway, the weird thing is that I feel incredible and energized from the adrenaline rush?? Is that awful or what?!? It’s probably because I cannot stomach my usual 2-3 cups of coffee per day. I feel really dumb for getting in a fight but my pregnancy brain is like “feed me, Seymour.” Weird pregnancy brain moment. I’ll apologize after I watch The made for TV movie about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
  • Options
    I need to get out of bed, but oh I love Lazy Saturday mornings. DD1 has a soccer game soon and tonight my friend is having a Pumpkin carving/candy apple making party. I haven’t told her I’m pregnant yet. Oops! The bump is ridiculous now, you know TTM problems, no way to hide it. So that should be interesting! Walk in be like hey oh bump over here! I’m pregnant! Tomorrow church in the morning and trunk or treat in the evening. Excited for that!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I’m 100% considering doing the SneakPeak gender blood test. I am so impatient about waiting to find out. For $80, they look for fetal DNA in your blood and search for a Y chromosome. It’s 99% accurate and you get your money back if it’s wrong. Thoughts? I’m having a hard time convincing myself not to do it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @expandcontract me too! If I have a busy day at work I just scroll through what I can and then jump in the next day. 

@MelissaMay82 yeahhh girl. Did you watch last night? H came up at 2 am and the game wasn’t even over yet. 

Gross, rainy weekend. Went to Target this morning (alone 👌🏼) and sipped Starbucks while browsing the toddler section for DD. Picked her up some cute leggings and a pair of winter boots. We’re heading to my parent’s house this afternoon to finally tell them the news! I’m nervous but excited. We told H’s family last weekend over Skype and it went well. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH got SO drunk with a couple buddies after hockey last night. I don't know what time they went home and he came to bed, but he had to go back downstairs for something and he literally fell out of bed, and then fell down the stairs because he was so drunk. He crawled in with DD because all the falling noise woke her up, and when I went to bring a bottle and send him back to bad, it took him like, five minutes to actually stand up. I was so so pissed. I'm not going to be over it all day.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    Omg @k2k2tog that would seriously piss me off. Especially the waking everyone up part. Fine if he goes out, but don’t wake the whole house!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 eh, if you've got the money and you really can't wait, go for it. Personally, I think it would be a bit of a waste of money since you will probably find out at your anatomy scan (though sometimes baby doesn't cooperate!) but if it's important to you, why not?

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @k2k2tog oh my gosh, this summer, the day after my grandfather had passed away, DH went in a golf trip with work guys and he got wasted! Threw up 6 times, almost drowned himself in the toilet throwing up because he couldn’t keep his head up, couldn’t even walk by himself, drunk. I was so pissed because I hadn’t had a chance to mourn as I was trying to be the rock for my mom, who had lost her first parent. He dumped out all of the alcohol in our house after that and has probably only had 2 or 3 drinks since then, and that was July 7. Hopefully DH realizes how stressful for you that is when he gets that bad.
  • Options
    I just had to “emergency” buy a pair of jeans while we were out, because my maternity ones were sagging and I was going to go crazy. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I personally wouldn't waste the money. In a few weeks you can pay for an elective ultrasound, see the baby, and know for sure. I follow another board and so far out of probably like 30 posts, only like 2 have come back girl. Which tells me a lot of them are likely incorrect (since it's very easy to contaminate and get a boy result). I feel like I'd spend $80 and still not trust it until my anatomy scan or I pay another $80 to get an early ultrasound. But that's just my 2¢
  • Options
    @MelissaMay82 @secicc12 OMG that game last night was insane...and so disappointing! I went to bed at 10:35 here which was 1:35 ET. I'm so glad b/c it went another hour and a half!!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @secicc12 I actually fell asleep pretty early (maybe in the 6th) and turned off the TV. I checked my phone at like 1:30 am and it was the top of the 13th and the Red Sox had just scored a run. I checked again this morning and was so sad. 😞 Hopefully tonight will turn out better!

• Options
    I can’t wsit until dh’s busy season is over. Today was a long day. Between shopping (full toddler meltdown included laying face first on the store floor and dropping to his knees twice in the pouring rain in the parking lot. I can’t lift him because of pelvic rest so I just had to endure) and gymnastics and a birthday party (where they didn’t serve any food) I am exhausted and starving. Dh is working and my mom was supposed to be here for dinner but just called to say they are at least 2 hours behind. Thank god i bought a rotisserie chicken to make things easy. It is going to be a tv watching kind of everning I think
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited October 2018
    DH and I are going out on a real date tonight! First since before I got the BFP- Mexican restaurant and a Star is Born. So excited to get out. Movie starts at 7:20 and I’m afraid I will fall asleep halfway through it, but I hear it’s good!

Is it bad that I’m now craving margaritas which is like the one mixed drink that is pointless to try non alcoholic. Ha!
  • Options
    @chloe97 I had a frozen raspberry margarita at Chevy's Tex Mex in the spring that I still think about on occasion...like now. Now I'm thinking about it....🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹
  • Options
    Confession: I LOVE trashy reality TV.

Does anyone watch Unexpected on TLC?

• Options
    Question; if I’m looking at an abdominal ultrasound image, is the left side of the picture the left side of my body? I’m getting mixed reviews from the internet.
  • Options
    I think it depends on what kind of ultrasound. Like external or internal 
  • Options
    @bumbly_b I’m looking at the pictures from my abdominal ultrasound and the baby is flipped compared to my transvaginal ultrasound. I’m just curious what side baby’s head is on. I didn’t think to ask when I was in my ultrasound because I was to mesmerized by the fact that baby was moving, stretching, and kicking!
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I was just catching up on Unexpected and I have to say that I cannot stand Emily’s mother, Bridget. Omg she is such a whiny drama queen.

• Options
    @liliumstargazer13 that looks amazing!

• Options
    @mrskoz428 if I'm not mistaken the transvaginal shows baby on the true side. Abdominal is flipped. 
  • Options
    @liliumstargazer13 that looks deeeeelicious! 
    @imrachellea Damn that's a busy but very family fun kind of day! 

Today was another rough day for me.  Yesterday,  I was finishing up my prednisone pack and asthma was getting worse.  So doc called in a higher dose for a two week period.  Started that last night but I still had two super bad attacks,  today. I.DID.NOT.DO.ANYTHING. except try to breathe and get my heart rate down.  

• Options
    Guys.... the Harry and Meghan Lifetime movie checked out.  I think might be the hormones, but I think I might watch it a million more times.

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds Love it! 

Speaking of TLC.....I just got into 90 Day Fiance......whaaat is this show? Most of them are cute, but there's always that ONE couple per season haha

• Options
    Also currently schmearing cheeto dust all over my laptop trying to browse all the threads I missed. Life of a pregnant lady.
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I was going to do the Sneak Peak test too, until I saw the reviews it has on Amazon and it totally changed my mind. Their website claims 99% accuracy, but there are so many reviews of it being wrong for people on Amazon, that I don't find it trustworthy.
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds perfect costume! Now if only you could wear it everyday so people would give you a break! 😂😂
  • Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited October 2018
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I love that shirt! I have to admit that I was a little bit bummed that I wouldn't be showing or have told anyone I'm pregnant at Halloween because I love the costumes for pregnant ladies.

We've lately been addicted to the Great British Baking Show  I don't know if it's the food cravings or what, but DH and I went to dinner with a friend last night, and he started rating his dinner like Paul Hollywood. And I was quietly doing it, too :) It's so addicting and I want to bake all day while it rains now. 
  • Options
    @RoseShadow873 I probably read almost 100 reviews and if those 100 reviews, most said it was accurate for them. From what I can tell, Girl results are more accurate than boy results because any men in your house and contaminate the sample resulting in a false boy result since it searches for an Y chromosome in the sample.
  • Options
    I was going to announce this Halloween also by wearing the skeleton baby tshirt. I was so excited! I was going to announce it 1.5 week early (I'm 10+2 right now) but now after the SCH I'm too worried to announce.  Do you think i could still announce with the tshirt even after Halloween is gone? Lol

• Options