Infertility
Options

How does your clinic grade embryos?

Hello all! As an embryologist I get a lot of questions about embryos and I want to help as much as I can but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming! So I thought it would be a good idea to put a blog together to address some of the most commonly asked questions. It will be great because it will (1) make me a better embryologist through research and (2) help everyone out!

My first post will be about embryo grading. I want to make it as comprehensive as possible so I'm reaching out to you guys to help out! 

What system does your clinic use to grade embryos and how does it work? What's good, what's bad, etc? If you're not sure, just list the grades of some of your embryos (cleavage/morula/blast) and anything you know about it and maybe I can figure it out. If you don't want to list your actual grades, just make some up in the style your clinic uses.

For example, for cleavage stage embryos a typical grade for my clinic might be 4/8. The first number is the quality (4 is good, 1 is poor) and the second number is the number of cells. For a morula, a typical grade would be 4M (number is quality, 4 is good, 1 is poor; "M" denotes a morula). For blasts, a typical grade would be 3AA. The number is the developmental stage (1,2 = early; 3,4= expanded; 5,6=hatching), the first letter is the quality of the inner cell mass (A=good, C=poor) and the second letter is the quality of the trophectoderm.

Hopefully lots of people can respond so I can make it as complete as possible.

Thank you!
I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
**Removed for TOU violation**

Re: How does your clinic grade embryos?

• Options
    my clinic doesn't give me grade updates for cleavage/morulas, but my clinic uses the 1-6 AA - CC model.  I don't know what the lowest grade that they will accept, but have had as early as a 3AA that thawed to a 5BB.  my RE has said I have some lower graded ones, and i may have seen some BCs on his chart -- but it was a stretch to see. HAHA
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited September 2018
    I think ours is 1-5 AA-CC (with AA, AB, BA, BB etc all options).  But I guess it could be 1-6.  I had 4 and 5AA’s, I know the 4’s weren’t hatching yet but it was considered excellent quality.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    my husband took the phone call when they gave the info about our one embryo that made it to blast.  all they told him was that it was a grade "B" which they said was average and that's what all the pregnancy/live birth percentages are predicted off of - grade "B" or "average" blastocysts
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited September 2018
    1-4 (before hatching) with two letters after -- A being best, C being worst. 
    Ours were 4BB but started to hatch when they were thawed so if they had been regraded, it would have been a 5 or 6 BB

They did not tell us the grading though since the clinic doesn't feel grades necessarily correlate to success. I only found out after I graduated and they sent my records over to my OB.

I met with our embryologist right before the transfer and he showed me pictures of the thawed embryos and said they looked awesome and we couldn't get better.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    This is my sheet if it helps
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    uhm, so awesome you got the full report @mayflower513!  i love reading this kinda stuff!! :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    On day 3, my clinic calls with the number of cells and percent fragmentation (8-cell with 10% fragmentation for instance).  On day 7, all they tell me is fair, poor, or good quality blast.  I didn't realize 'early' could be a stage of blast, I thought it meant they made a blast sooner!  Now I have to ask them about that. 
  • Options
    My clinic grades according to the Gardner classification system. I had 10 blasts make it to freeze and they ranged from 4AA to 3BC. I know that I transferred a 3BC for my 3rd FET (I had better graded embryos but we wanted to use up our IVF cohort first before using embryos from our ICSI cohort) that was hatching after thaw, but when I asked my RE if they re-graded prior to transfer she said no. I also have a sheet from the lab like mayflower513 but don't know where it is right now. If it would be helpful to you, I can try to find it.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Thanks guys! Keep them coming!

@mayflower513   awesome thanks! Wow what an improvement between some of your Day 5's and Day 6's. Interesting that your embryos are graded on Day 2 and not Day 3. I'm guessing the CF is for cell fragmentation, S is for symmetry, and M for multinucleation. 

@callingthestork Thanks! Do you know what they consider "good" and "poor" for fragmentation on Day 3? Early blast refers to the expansion of the embryo. So a 1AA or 2AA are early. 3&4 are expanding and 5&6 are hatching or hatched.

@tosh24 hanks! No need to get the sheet but I won't stop you if you do! May I ask if you had better success with the ICSI or the IVF cohort? 
  • Options
    @embryoman, the nurse has said that 10% fragmentation is good, and 25% is bad.  No idea where the cut off is.  I had an 8-cell with 10% or less fragmentation not make it to freeze, which surprised me.  Do fragments always contain DNA, do you think?  How much of the material bulk of a cleavage-stage embryo is DNA?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    @callingthestork Was it an 8-cell on day 5 or Day 3? Day 3 is ok but too slow for Day 5. Fragments seem to contain cytoplasm (cellular fluid) and not DNA or organelles. They may be a precursor to apoptotic (suicidal) cells. Each cell of a cleavage stage embryo contains DNA and this is usually restricted to the nucleus. Small messenger RNAs (transcripts from DNA containing messages the cell can interpret to make proteins to serve functions) can exist in the cytoplasm and possibly in fragments.
  • Options
    *TW PG/LC mentioned*

@embryoman
    In terms of making it to blast, we had greater success with our IVF cohort. I had 22 eggs retrieved (18 mature) so we decided to fertilize some by IVF and some by ICSI to see what the outcome of both methods were. Six were fertilized by IVF and 10 fertilized by ICSI (we had two eggs, one from each group that didn't fertilize at all). We had 5 of the 6 IVF cohort make it to blast, and 5 of the 10 ICSI cohort make it to blast. We had a few better graded embryos in our ICSI cohort compared to the IVF cohort but as I mentioned, we wanted to use our IVF cohort first. My first two FETs I transferred a 4AB and a 3AB which resulted in a BFN and a CP, respectively. My 3rd FET we transferred a 3BC and I am now 25 weeks pregnant from that blast. We never had to use the ICSI blasts. We didn't do PGS (we already have two living children together and my issue this time was thought to be progressing endometriosis) so I don't know the proportion of embryos from each cohort that are normal vs. abnormal. I was 34 at retrieval if you can't see my signature (and hubby 37 with no known issues). 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Options
    @embryoman This is my clinic's grading chart.

Day 5 Expanded Blastocyst Grade I/Hatching Expanded Blastocyst Grade I (A+)

Day 5 Expanded Blastocyst Grade II (A-)

Day 6 Expanded Blastocyst Grade I or Hatching Expanded Blastocyst Grade I (B+)

Day 5 Blastocyst Grade I (B)

Day 5 Blastocyst Grade II/III(B-)

Day 6 Expanded Blastocyst Grade I(B-)  

Day 6 Expanded Blastocyst Grade II(B-)

Day 5  Early Blastocyst Grade I (C+)

Day 5 Early Blastocyst Grade II (C) 

Day 6 Blastocyst Grade I (C)

Day 6 Blastocyst Grade II/III (C-/D+)

Day 5 Any Grade III embryo (not recommended)

Day 6 Any Grade III embryo (not recommended)

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    My clinic uses a scale of 1-5 for day 3 embryos, with 1 being the best. They told me that embryos of grade 1 and 2 are the ones with the highest probability of making it to blastocyst. 

My clinic uses the method you described in your OP for blastocysts. I'll use the language they used in their email to me but it looks like the same system:  "The number is the expansion score with 1 being very early blastocyst and 6 being completely hatched out of the shell. The first letter is on a scale of A to F and is for the inner cell mass... The second letter is on a scale of A to D and is for the trophectoderm. On both of these scales A is the highest grade." 

They also told me that they require an embryo to be at a 5 or 6 to be safely biopsied. Is that common? 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Thanks for the feedback. Interesting that they give the ICM a grade of A-F while the trophectoderm goes from A-D. 

For biopsy we typically assist hatch them on day 3 so the trophectoderm can squeeze out by day 5. This way we're able to biopsy earlier embryos from expansion 3. Even if you were to not assist hatch you can laser a hole and (gently) suction a piece out and I've done this with success multiple times.There's plenty of cells by expansion 3/4 so I don't feel like it's harming the embryo but your clinic may be extra cautious.
  • Options
    @suzycupcake thanks for taking the time to write that in. Seems a bit confusing! I've attempted to interpret it. Maybe you can let me know if you think this is right?
    • A+: Day 5, expansion 4-6, grade III (interpretation: Day 5 4AA, 5AA or 6AA)
    • A-: Day 5, expansion 4-6, grade II (Day 5 4BB, 5BB 6BB)
    • B+: Day 6, expansion 4-6, grade I (Day 6 4AA, 5AA, 6AA)
    • B: Day 5, expansion 3, grade I (Day 5 3AA)
    • B-: Day 5, expansion 3, grade II or III (Day 5 3BB or 3CC), or Day 6, expansion 4, grade I or II (Day 6 4AA or 4BB)
    • C+: Day 5, expansion 1-2, grade I (Day 5 1AA, 2AA)
    • C: Day 5, expansion 1-2, grade II (Day 5 1BB, 2BB), or Day 6, expansion 3, grade I (Day 6 3AA)
    • C-/D+: Day 6, expansion 3, grade II or III (Day 6 3BB, 3CC)
    So C-/D+ are the lowest grade, right?

thanks again
  • Options
    @embryoman You're welcome. I honestly have no idea because this is my first cycle of this. I copied and pasted my clinic's chart from what was sent to me by them through an email. My embryologist's report agrees with the chart, only it doesn't mention letter gradings. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited October 2018
    @embryoman A+ and B+ matches with grade I. I think you have the grading switched around. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake oops! you're right, thanks!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake @zamora_spin @northbeach3 @mayflower513 @wishing-and-hoping @mbradfo2 @callingthestork @tosh24

Hi everyone! I've finally got the post ready on embryo grading. It took quite a bit of effort but I think it's paid off. Thanks to everyone for contributing. I'm hoping this can help people understand a bit more about grading embryos and why good looks don't mean everything. Check it out!

https://www.remembryo.com/embryograding/

• Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2018
    @embryoman Whoa, now THAT is an excellent and informative blog post! It is obvious how much time and effort went into putting all that information together and I have no doubt that it will help a lot of people understand embryo development and grading and how these may (or may not!) relate to their chances of success. Thank you so much for putting this together! I may be past this point in my journey, but I definitely look forward to your future posts and sharing your blog with others undergoing IVF!

Edited to fix a typo I just noticed!

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    @embryoman This is awesome! Thanks for putting it together.
  • Options
    @tosh24 @zamora_spin thank you for the kind words! It was a good time. I'm looking forward to starting the next one. Likely will be on PGS. 
  • Options
    I've been lurking this forum, thank you @embryoman good info! 
  • Options
    jazziepjazziep member
    edited October 2018
    It sounds like others received a lot more information than we did about our embryos.
    The embryologist simply told us that out of the 5 we had (blast) one was a 4, which she said is a higher grade, two were 2s, two were 1s.

Our 1s didn't survive to cryo 😥
  • Options
    @babydust2507 thanks!
    @jazziep Some clinics only like to report the expansion (size) of the embryo. They find that this works best for them. For our clinic, the cut for our clinic are 3's (sometimes 2's). Embryos with an expansion of 1 sometimes don't make it any further :(
  • Options
    babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited October 2018
    hi @embryoman i just had my FET this morning and they transferred a 4B+A. i'm just curious to know how you would have graded it, if you don't mind
  • Options
    @babydust2507 hard to say since it's not completely expanded (they're collapsed when frozen and take some time to re-expand after thaw). Also the "+" in your clinic's grading is a bit odd for me but I could see how that might be a 4BA. When embryos are completely expanded before freezing, that's when grading is best performed. Good luck!!
  • Options
    thank you @embryoman for your insight, I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    Hi @embryoman. I just received my PGS results and have 1 embryo that's graded 4BB and 1 that's 1-2B-B-/C, 5ins. Clinic is telling me both are good enough to transfer by the 4BB has about a 60% chance of implantation and the other one about 20% chance. I've never seen a grade such as 1-2B-B-/C, 5ins. Any insight into what it all means? 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 you’re at Cornell too right? They’ve got a modified grading system I think. I’m sure it’s somewhat subjective.. pgs results might have more weight? i think the C grade is for the trophoectoderm that forms the placenta on that embryo..  not the inner cell mass/ baby. At least you got to keep your C blastocyst I suppose. I apparently had a C blastocyst but they decided not to freeze it. 
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc Yes, I'm at Cornell also. Did they tell you why they didn't keep the C embryo? I'm really confused on this grading, especially the "1-2-b-b-/c, 5ins". No clue what that means but my doc referred to it as a 1BB embryo. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 My clinic grades the embryos on A-D for Inner cell mass and Trophectoderm instead of the typical A-C grading. I was told that at my clinic they will transfer embryos with better than C grade. The poor quality embryos have lower chances of success but as long as they’re euploid, you shouldn’t count them out!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @Tulips29 no, they did not tell me why they decided not to freeze it. Maybe it just wasn’t good looking enough? Maybe not all C’s are the same? They did transfer 1 and freeze 5.. but the ones they decided to freeze are al A- or B in grade. I also didn’t do PGS.. not sure if that changes anything. It is confusing and stressfully but I guess we can’t change them. Are you deciding whether to bank more or transfer? Or just trying to understand?
  • Options
    @somewhereinnyc It is really confusing. I also didn't ask if my embryos are euploid or not. I'm doing another retrieval before proceeding with a transfer. Hoping for a better outcome next month! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @Tulips29 Euploid embryos are normal embryos. Based on your earlier post, the 1BB embryo is euploid, if your RE said they were normal and can be transferred. Hope your 3rd ER is successful and result in all the normal embryos that you want! I went through 3 RE myself and I know how hard it is. I’m doing a FET later this year. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @cashewchicken the only way you know if the embryo is euploid is if it has gone through genetic testing..... the grading that clinics do only grades the physical aspects of the embryo..... if you don't do genetic testing you don't know if your transferring a healthy euploid embryo or not. 

All I can say once again is that the older you are the more helpful the pgd testing is.   Also its recommended for couples that have multiple MC as its probably due to chromosomal issues