Group 4 check-in (June 23-30) W/O 10/22

desoky01desoky01 member
edited October 2018 in June 2019 Moms
Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? 

Re: Group 4 check-in (June 23-30) W/O 10/22

• Options
    Due date/W+D: June 28th/4+3

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Any appointments? Questions?: My first US is Nov 9th.

Rants/Raves?: I decided to take another pregnancy test yesterday and my test line was as dark as the control line. It was such a relief after having two CP's. I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm starting to believe this could happen.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I'm tired and have horrible heartburn, but it's all reassuring at this point. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery?  OMG I would be so happy. I'd pay off my house and student loans and then probably invest most of it. If I won an obscene amount of money, I would pay off family members' houses and quit my job.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: 06/26/19     4 wks + 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointment until 10/31.... Halloween. 

Rants/Raves?: I can't sleep. I want to sleep. I need to sleep, but I can't. Otherwise, I'm actually doing better than last time. 

How are you feeling?: I've felt a little nauseous from time to time, but last go round I had HG and had to be hospitalized 3 times for dehydration and constant vomiting. I ended up needing a daily dose of Zofran to survive. I'm knocking on wood every day I don't vomit. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? 1st- Pay off my student loans. That by itself would be a HUGE deal. 2nd- Ironically, I'd probably stop working and go back to school again. I love school. 3rd- Buy a home, new cars, savings for kids, support family, and finally, open a for profit and a non for profit business. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: 6/30/19. 4+1

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Any appointments? Questions?: 1st US 11/8

Rants/Raves?: What is the deal with the funky dreams?!

How are you feeling?: I am on progesterone, so very tired, nauseous, boobs hurt, and I look like I am at least 16 weeks pregnant. Hello boat!

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off house, pay off our siblings and parents homes, adopt after a couple of years and save/invest the rest! Maybe take a dream vacation.😊
  • Options
    Due Date: June 28 4w3d 

Baby size: Poppyseed 

Appointments: 4th beta this Firday. Hopeful for a US next week 

Questions: anyone else taking PregVit? I have for a few months & taking the morning pill on an empty stomach & not eating for an hour is getting a litter harder. Anyone else taking progesterone? I just started last Monday. @val_mom2 do you think those symptoms are all from the progesterone! 

Rants/ Raves: none that I can think of. @bakerstreetboys will your Dr’s office give you past beta records?
      @ruby696 wooho for the mega dark line!!! 
    @kjr9519 I’m glad you got your wish, but uggh it’s a nasty feeling.  
    @Charla1224 is the insomnia new or just getting worse? 
    @val_mom2 tell us about the weirdest one you had.  I’ve always had crazy dreams my whole life.

feeling: good at this very moment. My betas look great & I’m focusing on all the positives. Also loving the fact that I can slack a little around the house b/c I don’t feel well.  Milking it!!! 

GTYK: lottery win - pay off debt, rent my house out, buy a dream home & serval rental properties. Buy. Muslce car for my husband  then Invest a ton to ensure My husband dosent blow the rest on more cars. LoL. 
  • Options
    I have to say, I am really thankful for our check in group. I tend to feel a little lost in the big discussions. I’m glad I have you all! :smile:

@bakerstreetboys I’m sorry if you’be already updated somewhere else but, did did your clinic call you back? I hear you about wanting to feel more pregnant. Every time I feel sick I’m excited, lol. 

@ruby696 hurray for a darker line! It’s funny how these small things can ease our minds. 

@kjr9519 I’ve hoped for nausea too! I feel like it’s reassuring. But then when it hits it doesn’t feel so good, lol. 

@Charla1224 I hope your MS isn’t as intense this time around! 

@val_mom2 I’m having crazy dreams too! are yours realistic? Mine are. 

Due date/W+D: June 23rd, 5+1

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed! 

Any appointments? Questions?: I had an appointment scheduled with a new doctors office. I called them today and switched it from a new patient appointment to the first baby appointment. We will schedule my 1st ultrasound on Friday. They will probably want to schedule a glucose test at 10 weeks because I’m overweight. ****TW**** I’m going to nicely insist on two ultrasounds during the first trimester because of my previous loss. I hope they are receptive. ***end TW***

Rants/Raves?: 
    im honestly raving about having symptoms lol. 

How are you feeling?: 
    no matter what time of day and how long it’s been since I ate, every time I lay down I have heartburn. Pretty much everything I eat gives me at least a little heartburn. My MS in the morning has been very present and I am so happy about it! Lol. My boobs are starting to hurt and feel fuller. I also feel bloated. I wake up starving and I have to pee all the time. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? 
    Split it into 1/4s and give 1/4 to my mom, dad, and sister each. Pay off all my debt and my SO’s debt, buy us both new cars, buy a house, donate money to a few different non profit organizations in the area, invest a chunk, pay rent for a year for a couple deserving people I know, set up college funds for 3 of my friends kids, pay off the house of my friend who let me live with her, fly 1st class to Hawaii, and Europe (2 different trips), set aside money to take care of my uncle, buy my mother-in-law a house and pay off all her debt, pay off all my father-in-laws debt, set aside money for a non profit I would like to start in the future. I would be such a good rich person! 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I do think a lot of my symptoms right now are magnified by the progesterone.

@elliecele17 and @antera23 my dreams are very silly. Best so far, I was Rizzo from Grease married to Kenickie and we had children and grandchildren. It seemed very real at the time. 😂
  • Options
    @Charla1224 I really hope you don’t have HG this time too. Never experienced it myself, but I’ve heard plenty of stories and wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

@antera23 I really hope they get you in for two ultrasounds. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I’ve never experienced insomnia like this before. Usually I’m a pro sleeper. 

@antera23 you would be such a good rich person. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options

@antera23 I hope they let you have two ultrasounds.  It really doesn't seem like too much to ask for peace of mind!  Yes, I got my results, thank you for asking :)  I jumped from 318 on Friday to 1667 on Monday, so that was great news!  I was up at 2:30am today scrounging for my Tums!

@elliecele17 I have an online portal where I can see all of my results :)  I'm very handy when I'm waiting for blood test results because I can get them days before the doctor's office calls!

val_mom2 That is a hilarious dream!  I have watched Grease so many times....

• Options
    desoky01desoky01 member
    edited October 2018
    Due date/W+D: June 25/5W today
    Baby is the size of a(n): Sesame seed
    Any appointments? Questions?: first appointment in early November
    Rants/Raves?: Rant: Got nothing much here yet.
    Rave: I get to go to the children's museum with my son today for free! I'm excited!
    How are you feeling?: Great! Sore boobs, hot flashes at night, fatigue. Not much nausea anymore, so I'm happy about that. 
    GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy our dream house, buy our parents houses, set aside a bunch for our kids, give to charity, adopt some kiddos, and invest/save a ton of it. 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys thank goodness for online lab results!  The labs where I live (Southern Ontario Canada) upload the results within 6-12 hours. I love having access so quickly to betas.  

However I’m curious to know how my US results will be handled.  I’ve only ever had previous US at the hospital & then waited for the results (hours later).  This time I imagine I’ll get a requisition to go to an ultrasound tech & then they’ll send my results to my GP & OB.  I need to ask.  

@Charla1224 - new insomnia sounds difficult.  I feel like I’m usually a pro-sleeper but I have noticed it’s been harder to fall alseep b/c my mind is running.  I recently tried to do a 5 minute gentle stretch & meditation b4 bed. I think it’s helping. 

@val_mom2 I haven’t really connected my symptoms to the pregestone but now that you mention it, I’m sure it plays a roll. Were you on it b4 your pregnancy or in the past? For how long?  My scrip is for 3 months. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I'm in Ontario too!  With u/s, my OB's office always makes my appointment back to back.  So I go for the u/s, which is in the same building, and then see my OB right after to go over results.  No way could I wait hours or days for the results, especially since the techs can't really say much.
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys and @elliecele17 I'm jealous that you get your lab results so fast. I can't access mine until my provider has had then for like 2 days. It's so annoying.
  • Options
    Has anyone else here contemplated the flu shot? I am nervous to get it in first tri but I'm not sure if that's just anxiety talking or what. I am not trying to start a debate about immunizations, just wondering if anyone else has had their doctor give an opinion about getting it first tri. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 I started progesterone at 3w2d this time. I was on it from 4w1d to end of 1st trimester with DD. Symptoms started sooner this go around.
  • Options
    @desoky01 there was some discussion in the FFFC 10-19-18 thread about flu shots, not sure if anyone discussed getting them in first tri, I’ll be asking my OB about it next week at my appointment. 

Also, if I’m not due in the 4th week do I have to state I’m “lurking”? Lol, I feel like I’m barging in to a meeting ha
  • Options
    Haha, I'm not sure @nmbrcrnchr1. I appreciate your input. I wasn't sure where to ask. 
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I think it’s cool if you get involved in other “week” groups. I just think they are seperate to keep it easier to stay engaged in all the convos & updates.  

What week are you? 
  • Options
    @val_mom2 that is a great dream! Our brains can create some crazy things, lol. 

@bakerstreetboys those are great numbers! I’m so happy for you!

@desoky01  how was the children’s museum? How cool you got in for free! Was it a field trip? I work with infants and toddlers so I’m going to ask my doctor when I should get a flu shot. I got one last year when I wasn’t pregnant and I feel like I was sick a lot less. 

@nmbrcrnchr1  heck no! Post away :smile:

Thank you all for the validation. I tend to get to a doctors appointment and become meek so now I have confidence! I’ll also tell my SO to remind me/say it if I don’t. 

Tonight I’m laying on my couch trying to decide which is better; taking a shower tonight or tomorrow morning. I just have no energy. Plus it’s almost 7:30 which is the time I start to want to go to bed, lol. I hope you all had a good day! 

Do any of you drink coffee regularly? If so, do you cut back while PG? 
  • Options
    @desoky01 not to butt in, but my OB strongly recommended that I get the flu shot and even had the nurse do mine and my BFs right at the US appt. she said it’s not dangerous to get it, but could possibly be dangerous if you aren’t vaccinated and get influenza. But I’m a flu shot believer and get one every year anyway. 
  • Options
    @elliecele17 1st groups, due June 6th :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @antera23 I'm a coffee drinker. I usually do 1 a day and will sometimes have a second if the day calls for it. Sometimes I just want the taste and we have regular and decaf brewed here (work) at all times so I'll drink a decaf. Since I dont drink a lot as it is, I dont worry about cutting back. And, the caffeine helps with headaches for me.

Edited to finish the unfinished thought.
  • Options
    @antera23 the museum was great except that my son didn't nap yesterday and was crabby. It was sort of a field trip for a program we are in, early childhood family education. It's a program here offered through the school district. We had a great time! 

Thanks for your input @TJtheGoat. I figure I'll probably get it since I work with kids. I guess I've just been very nervous to get it in first tri. 
  • Options
    Sorry for the late check in!

Due date/W+D: June 24th/5+2

Baby is the size of a(n): a peppercorn

Any appointments? Questions?: We had our first appointment yesterday. They just drew blood. Going back for my first U/S on Nov 5th. They took allllll day today to call with results but things are looking good! My HcG was around 6,000 and progesterone was 19. I didn’t realize how much emotion I was holding on to - the tears were nearly instant. 

Rants/Raves?: I am a high school teacher. Today we had to do our annual intruder drill. I hate doing them - only thoughts of the worst case scenario race through your mind. Waiting on my results didn’t help the anxiety. But rave is we won’t have to do that again until next year!

How are you feeling?: Been alright. My breaths go back and forth as does the heartburn. I get short, sharp headaches several times a day which is more annoying than a problem. I have been super tired. I’m already counting down til bedtime!

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy the house of my dreams and make sure my kiddos had money to do the same. ❤️
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for answering my question @prpl11butterfly! Im having a hard time giving up coffee. It’s such a morning ritual! 

@desoky01 I’m glad you had fun! Im I’m early childhood education! I’m a early head start home visitor. I really want to take our group to the local children’s museum. 

@borgahurst I’m so glad your appointment went well! My mom is an elementary school teacher. It always made me sad when she told me about the active shooter drills they had to do. I wish our children didn’t have to practice that :(

@elliecele17 I’m so glad you told your parents!! It’s the best news to share!! Yay!

Hey @rallykat14! It’s so nice to see you over here!! I look forward to talking more with you over the next 9 months! 
  • Options
    @antera23 @prpl11butterfly I’m totally a coffee drinker.  There is a local roastery that I get fresh beans from weekly & my husband makes a small pot every morning.  Usually I’ll have 1 cup @ home & then top off b4 I leave for work, but latley the smell of the fresh brew in the morning isn’t sitting well with me & I can barley finish my 1st cup.  

I’m glad it’s been easy to cut back b/c I loooooove coffee.  

I find it hard to even figure out how much is to much since its a fresh roast. Hope I’m not over doing it. 
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: June 28/ 4+6

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed

Any appointments? Questions?: None scheduled, trying to get that worked out!

Rants/Raves?: It happened so quickly and easily this time, I almost can't believe it. I was TTC for 7 YEARS the last time, so I absolutely know how difficult and heartbreaking it can be. I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude.

How are you feeling?: a little tired, sore beasts, and I suddenly have a super-powered nose. Made dh get back in the shower yesterday and use different soap as the one he'd used smelled so strong I felt queasy. I liked that soap a few days ago... 🤷‍♀️

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy land and move onto it with any family or friends who wanted to come along. I realize that sounds like I want to start a commune. 😁
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I just intro’d and am excited to join you all. I’ve been active on the Infertility and TTTC boards; looking forward to getting to know our little Week 4 group over the next 9 months.  :)

Due date/W+D: 6/23, 5+4

Baby is the size of a(n): #2 Pencil Eraser

We had our first u/s appointment with our RE on Monday. What a relief to see the yolk sac. It’s been a very long journey to get here. Back next week to hear the heartbeat. I also made my first appointment with my OB for 11/19.

Rants/Raves?: None

How are you feeling?: I get exhausted around 9pm every night so baby and I have started taking evening naps before my 9:45 PIO shot.  :D And the boobs. They do not like the bra confines.

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Retire! And buy a large apartment. And donate a bunch of it.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, excited and cautious to join this board so early on. This is my second baby but I just feel so much more anxious  
    this time around.

Due date/W+D:  June 28

Baby is the size of a poppy seed

appointments? Yes tomorrow with my gp for all the blood work and dating u/s. I was freaking out a bit yesterday so went to a walk in for blood work to see my betas. I felt so pregnant last week, sore boobs, cramping and other things I felt the first time around and then all of a I felt nothing. Just normal and it scared me as I felt really shifty with my daughter. But betas look good, wil ask for another to make sure. 

• Options
    @Bababatty Hi! I also have the PIO shots nightly . I stuck it out on TTGP in the infertility thread . It has been a long journey for me as well. Glad I'm in good company!
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• Options
    antera23antera23 member
    edited October 2018
    @elliecele17 I think you’re fine! One cup should be ok. Now, if it’s one of those giant bowl style cups than I don’t know, lol ;-) I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the tv show Gilmore Girls but Lorelei Gilmore is my spirit animal. I love coffee the way she loves coffee lol. 

@gabijaiii welcome!! I am thrilled for you that TTC was so easy this time around. 

@Bababatty welcome!! We are due date twins along with @kjr9519
    You alluded to a long TTC journey. I’m going to go read your intro so I can be a little more familiar with your story :smile:

@valeria2011 welcome!! It can be scary when symptoms come and go. I hope the symptoms hit you hard tomorrow! I mean that in the best possible way ;-) 
  • Options
    Due date/W+D: 6/23, 5+5

Baby is the size of a(n): dot snail

My first appointment is Monday at 6+1. I hope they do an ultrasound to hear the heartbeat because we are flying cross country for my brother in laws wedding and we want to tell my in laws in person. 

Rants/Raves?: Not really. 

How are you feeling?: I’m tired and nothing really sounds good to eat, but so far I feel way better than my two prior pregnancies. It worries me, which is silly because I should be grateful. 
  • Options
    @bababatty I spend quite a while on the infertility board too (Low AMH).  Great group of ladies there and here.  Welcome!
  • Options
    @rallykat14 Hello!! I’m so happy you made it over here and thrilled we’re in the same BMB! I’m sorry it took you so long to get here, too.  <3<3<3 Phew! I’m glad that hurdle is behind us both and I’m glad we’ve got a few IF people on this board. Lots of good company!

@valeria2011 Welcome! I’m sorry that you’re feeling anxious. I can definitely commiserate. ;) Hope your appointment today gives you some peace of mind.

@antera23 @kjr9519 @katertots17 Hooray for DD buddies!

@antera23 I also need to clean up my sig because it’s basically a long paragraph about our IF history. And DH’s age is wrong because I think I didn’t update after his birthday.  :D  We tried for three years and finally conceived successfully on our 5th embryo transfer. *TW* I had three CPs from my last three transfers, so the fact that my beta doubled at all this time was astounding to me, haha!

@bakerstreetboys I’m glad to see anothe Infertility board member over here, too! So far I love both boards.  :)

• Options
    @katertots17 your username made me giggle :smile: welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you over the next 9 months. I don’t think it’s silly to be worried. We are carrying all of hopes and dreams! 

@Bababatty thank you for telling your story. You have been on a very long journey to get here. I look forward to seeing you around for a long time! :smile: