June 2019 Moms

Group 4 check-in (June 23-30) W/O 10/22

2»

Re: Group 4 check-in (June 23-30) W/O 10/22

• Hi again ladies. Here’s my update 

due date/ W+D: June 28/ 5w+0d

baby is the size of an appleseed 

appointments: I had blood work #4 today & had my 2nd OB appointment.  He wants me to get for blood workd on Monday & possibly Friday too.  My HCG is low & my doubling time is slowing down. Doubling timd went from 30 hrs, to 42 hrs to 86 hrs so I have
    to admit I’m worried.  OB says US will be no earlier then 6w+3d

Rants: part of me is so glad I got my
    BFP at 3w3d but part of me wishes I didn’t. Its been an emotional roller coaster since my LMP ended. 

Raves: I decided to seek some emotional support & had my 1st appointment with a psychologist whos speciality is in fertility & prenatal support.  I’m going to see her weekly for now.  

Feeling: tierd, sore breasts & bloated. 
  • @Bababatty and @katertots17 so glad to have so many due date buddies! 

@elliecele17 I hope you get good news at your first u/s. Long waits can really cause a lot of anxiety.
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: June 25/5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): I don’t know. 

Any appointments? Questions?: my OB can’t get me in until Dec 7. I will be 11+ weeks then. My PCP will see me Nov 7. 

Rants/Raves?: WHY THE HECK CANT I SEE MY OB BEFORE DEC 7?!?!? I am 40. I want my “geriatric pregnancy” perks! (Sorry, hormones talking)

How are you feeling?: bloated, sore boobs. Nervous becase of my age, the 9 year gap between my youngest and this, unplanned pregnancy has me feeling like everyone is judging me, sleepy and STARVING. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? First I’d pay off debt because I am a non-risk taker. If I had anything leftover, vacation and college funds. Maybe a new car?
  • Oh @elliecele17 I’m sorry you’re worried. It’s a rollercoaster for sure. These first weeks are so nerve racking. We’re here for you! 

Hi @mandiedq!!! That seems like a really long time to wait until you can get in to your OBGYN. Do you really like that clinic? I ask because maybe you could go somewhere else? 
  • @antera23 I do love this OB. If you are familiar with the enneagram, I am a 1. Which can make me high strung. He is alllll the right kinds of laid back. He delivered DD2. But dang it. I am mad I have to wait that long. 😡

Aren't I considered high risk?

Thanks for the concern. ☺️
  • Thanks for the support @kjr9519 @antera23   <3

@mandiedq I agree with you.  They should squeezd u in 
  • Hi everyone! Just intro-ed, but wanted to check in here too!
    Due date/W+D: June 26/5w2d (I think?)

Baby is the size of a: Lentil? Up until two hours ago I thought I was a few days behind so last I knew it was a sesame seed. Baby either grew FAST, I ovulated early, or I'm going to deliver a giant.

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appointment for next week to confirm everything, but I'm currently posting from the ER (waiting for an overnight room so I can be monitored for possible appendicitis, now that they thankfully ruled out an ectopic or cysts). So I guess that now?

Rants/Raves?: Really really glad baby is where he/she is supposed to be. Annoyed they can't just scan something for appendicitis but I guess better safe than sorry.

How are you feeling?: ok, all things considered. My right lower abdomen has been hurting all day, but after eating nothing but half a yogurt and some crackers around lunchtime, I'm finally STARVING and I haven't actually had an appetite in 3 days so this is great. Otherwise the hormone struggle has been REAL and until I ate some chili, of all things, last night, I thought I might be able to sleep for a month.

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Tithe, invest wisely, and then buy a car. Mine is terrible. And prob go to Disney world again. (DH and I went 8 times since March 2017...and we live in Nebraska.)

• @ki1244 dang sister! Hope you get released soon and with good news. That sounds like a not so fun adventure for a Saturday night.
  • @cfoz thanks! Got released yesterday afternoon after a flu shot and an IV of antibiotics for a "just in case" but no other explanation they could come up with. Glad that's all it was, I guess. Although now I know I need to find an OB as soon as possible, bc I got asked that about a million times and my FP doesn't do prenatal care, but I found out I was pregnant literally three days earlier soooo hadn't gotten that far yet.
  • autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited October 2018
    Due date/W+D: 6/27, 5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): quinoa

Any appointments? Questions?: first US on 11/1
    @katertots17 FX for your first US on Monday. I feel the same way about telling my in-laws.

Rants/Raves?: not really
    @antera23 <3 GG - been watching this week as it always puts me in a good mood!
    @bakerstreetboys what did you do on your long weekend?

How are you feeling?: nervous. @ruby696 I love that you POAS again. It feels so surreal to me to have that first positive after years... I'm not going to lie - I may still be checking every day.
    GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Ooh, that would be hard... I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life!
  • Anyone else all of a sudden crave all the foods you can’t have?  

Also, how stict are you on the food rules? 

I was making my step-daughter a tuna sandwhich with miracle whip & I despritly wanted some but then I remebered that mayo has raw eggs  :(   then my husband asked if we can have cesar salad with dinner & remembered cesar dressing has raw eggs too  :s

• edited October 2018
    @elliecele17 the only things I don't eat are soft cheeses and sushi. Because I dont like them anyway. I live on lunch meat during pregnancy but follow my own rules (only from trusted delis/restaurants and never past 1wk of being sliced). And I wont eat steak if not well done.

ETA I made chocolate chip cookies last weekend and ate a bite or 2 (or maybe double that) the cookie dough too. But eggs were from MILs chickens and I feel like that's safer then store 🤷‍♀️
  • @elliecele17 I just eat alllll the things I want. My rationale is if my body is craving them, they must be nutrients I need. Gimme that Reece’s peanut butter cup. (I have always been very laid back about the eating rules. I can’t stay on a diet.)
  • @elliecele17 LUNCH MEAT! This happened my last pregnancy too. I think I’m just craving protein (like the next best thing is a burger). But what I wouldn’t give for huge deli sandwich. 
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elliecele17 im pretty strict. My nurse this time around said lunch meat is fine. She said you’re more likely to get listeria from bagged salads. I was shocked! This time around though I’m so sick that nothing sounds good. And right now I can’t keep anything down at all. Not even water. 
  • @elliecele17 I don't know much, but I do know that commercial products like Miracle Whip or mayo from the grocery store or bottled caesar dressing are made with pasteurized eggs so they're safe. (It would be REALLY unwise for anyone to get between this Midwesterner and her mayo...) It's just homemade stuff that is cause for concern, but most restaurants use pasteurized eggs for their raw-egg recipes too (I mean, ask first, but you might be ok there).

The one that gets me -- how is it that Benadryl is recommended for pregnant gals with insomnia or allergies, with an alcohol content the same as wine? Either benadryl is safe, OR no amount of wine s safe... but those literally cannot both be true. If I'm having trouble sleeping, I'd just as soon have a couple tablespoons of zinfandel as a dose of Benadryl. Tastes better, plus antioxidants! And maybe Baby can start refining his/her palate early. ;)
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited October 2018
    @ki1244 um..please don’t drink wine while pregnant just because you think it contains the same amount of alcohol as Benadryl. The Benadryl that is safe during pregnancy and that is recommended for allergies and as a sleep aid is the pill form. Which contains no alcohol. 
  • @prpl11butterfly oh no I forgot about cookie dough!! LoL 

@mandiedq part of me want to live wild & free too. I feel like my PGAL brain is my barrier 

@borgahurst yes!! I usually dislike deli meat. Its not something I would crave but I would eat a sub right now if I could. 

@antera23 I aim to be strict too.  Its a little harder then I imagined though.  Bagged salads?  Really? So Whats the recommendation?  Make sure you wash the spinach/lettus/kale & make your own? Or is it mostly the dressing packetts? 
  • @elliecele17 I would eat raw egg before I would eat bagged salad mix. I see produce recalls all the time. I'll eat lunch meat occassionally from a trusted deli and I'm pretty relaxed about food while pregnant in general, but I don't mess around with produce. I even wash the stuff that says it's been triple washed. 
  • @srscott3 I'm not really going to, but have seen the liquid form recommended too (as a Class B medication). I thought the same thing about the pills, obv no booze in those, but then saw some studies about the liquid form allegedly being ok too and that set me off.
  • @elliecele17 she said that the lettuce itself is the concern. She said if you do eat bagged salads to get a salad spinner and spin the crap out of the lettuce. @ruby696 is right on the money. I see a lot of produce recalls. I need to be better about washing my raw produce. Even oranges where you don’t eat the skin. You still touch it and can transfer to the part you do eat. I also won’t eat any pre- cut fruit while pregnant. 
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited October 2018
    @ki1244 The tablets are a Category B drug. So are Tylenol, Imodium, Gas-x, Tums, Unisom, Zantac.. so I guess take from that what you will. 

Also, just wondering, but are you in Canada? I just realized that the states doesn’t have Benadryl liquid (except the liquid gels and children’s Benadryl - which are both alcohol free)

eta: I would honestly be interested to see those studies if you don’t mind sharing. No snark intended. 
  • ki1244ki1244 member
    edited October 2018
    @srscott3 I'm smack in the middle of the US...had no idea we don't have the liquid stuff here, just knew it existed! Maybe that explains it (different stringencies?)...I don't know. I came across the stuff I read a few days ago but I've been Googling so much since my BFP that I have no idea if I could figure out where that was again (God, the rabbit holes I keep going down on Google while I'm sitting on the can...). If I can re-locate any of it I'll for sure share!

Edit: wondering now if I was reading about the US liquid version being OK (bc it's for kids) and then reading the alcohol content in the non-US liquids (elixir, cough syrup, etc) and didn't put together that liquid Benadryl in Australia or Canada is different than liquid Benadryl in the states. I had been planning to ask my doc about it anyway (appointment Friday! And that was bugging me) but maybe a moot point now! Thanks for solving my mystery.
  • Good point about jurisdiction differences.  I don’t know much but I believe Canadian & American food & drug guidelines differ & therefore major labels adapt their products.  

I guess that’s why the ultimate answer will come from your OB & pharmacist. 

Its interesting to read everyones take on the topic of food/ med saftey.  
  • I don't eat deli meat, pregnant or not, but only because I don't like it.  My biggest concern was soft cheese, but anything sold in a grocery store is pasteurized, so my OB said that it's fine.  One product I do watch for is honey; Costco recently stopped pasteurizing their store brand honey for some reason, which was annoying, because that was my go to.  Oh, and apple cider...that often isn't pasteurized.

My OB has also approved Benadryl and Gravol in pregnancy, thank goodness, because I'm a terrible sleeper and I have allergies!

• Ran across this article this morning (while trying to find information about if raw honey is ok, welcome to another landmine topic apparently)... looks like the study was conducted by Canadian doctors but it's published on the US government's site so have to think this one holds true across the border. Of course go with your gut and your doctor, but according to these folks, honey AND deli meat AND sushi are ok in moderation? Hooray!
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2860824/
  • I’m going to be honest, all of this stuff is sort of freaking me out. I’m not great at eating healthy because I have such a hard time knowing how much to buy that I’ll actually be able to eat before it goes bad. I just recently bought a lot of fruit and salad fixings and had to throw away more than half of it (morning sickness ruined my plans for eating it). But now I don’t even know what is really safe to eat.
  • Due date/W+D: June 27 ( 6w almost 7) 

Baby is the size of a(n): a pea 

Any appointments? Questions?: We had our first US last Friday! I was really thinking I was 8 weeks along ( hard to determine with my irregular cycle ) so we were very surprised to be measuring so small at just 6 weeks. Hoping things are okay.  Still waiting to meet with my doctor next week. 

Rants/Raves?: No rants. My husband just went to pickup Hawaiian food ( craved it all day)  I’m a happy lady. 

How are you feeling?: Been alright. Heartburn, nausea all day every day. Ginger ale seemed to do the trick but now the thought of it makes me want to vomit :( had these same symptoms with my daughter too and noticed significant relief during the second semester so just counting down to 12 weeks. 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Take a vacation, buy a dream house, give a bunch away :)