March 2019 Moms
Options

All about the SEX (It's a BOY/GIRL!)

13»

Re: All about the SEX (It's a BOY/GIRL!)

• Options
    meggyme said:
    @bdesterhouse she’s such a funny story. She was so impatient she’d had the sneak peek test done (boy), then the boutique US (girl), then anatomy scan (boy). She was actually a little sad when the boutique said it was a girl. It was a wild 2 weeks before the anatomy scan though.
    I would have been so confused lol. Did she go back to the boutique and say “hey you were wrong, wth?!” Lol

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s a boy! We had a 4d ultrasound done where my doctor recommended and found out today. I thought it was a girl so I’m a little shocked, but so excited!
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse yeah, she got her money back when she showed them her anatomy scan photo.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Well it's a girl and I'm very surprised. I completely had it in my head that I was having a boy and I was super excited. Idk why I feel sad about having another girl. Either is a huge blessing. Any advice on how I can feel better about it being a girl?
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 you already have all the clothes for her! It's ok to feel bummed out and sort of mourn the son you won't have, but your daughter will have a little sister!
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 give yourself some time to readjust to the idea of another girl. Are you sharing the gender with others? Perhaps seeing their excitement will also help you to feel excited too!
  • Options
    Had our anatomy scan today and it’s a girl! We were told at 13 weeks that she was most likely a girl, but I was trying to prepare myself for a possible penis. So excited!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @violetmarie61516 I absolutely love having a sister. I have a brother who I love as well, but there’s no bond like the one I have with my sis.

ETA: When I was pregnant the first time, I really wanted a girl and was slightly disappointed when I found out his sex. It took a bit to get used to, but I was really excited pretty quickly after I found out (and was initially disappointed). I hope the same happens for you!
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I’m sorry it’s a bit of a shock right now. It’s common to have this disappointed feeling so don’t be hard on yourself for your reaction. Everything I’ve read said you will need to give it time to warm up to an idea you weren’t prepared for (as far as the sex of the baby) and you may not bond with her until she’s born. All of that is normal. (I read up on it because I was trying to prepare to go through what you are experiencing, but for me it was if the baby had been a boy.) I am saying a prayer for you and hope it gets easier soon. 
  • Options
    @bug_hunter Congratulations on your healthy little boy!

We have more little girls in our family too. Our little one is going to have two girl cousins less than a year from him and all of our friends with little ones have little girls. I have heard (fingers crossed!) that little boys are easier, but of course that can vary a lot depending on the individual. I'll be going into this journey blind with you. :)

Last names can be tricky, especially now that tradition is increasingly not followed. I have a coworker whose parents alternated whose last name was given to the children but that got a bit weird for my coworker who is female with a twin brother. Since they had different last names and were always seen together in school, other students often thought they were dating (awkward!). Best of luck; I hope you are able to sort that out without too much headache.
  • Options
    @mayoduck congrats to you too!! I keep telling my partner that I'm not disappointed, I just need to mentally adjust but he doesn't believe me haha. And that sounds like a REALLY awkward situation with your coworker! I would personally never want to give siblings separate last names but I thought if we had a girl first then I could more easily convince him to go with my last name (yes, selfish, I know!). One of us will end up being a little bit bummed but we'll figure it out. 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 Unfortunately, neither one of us are fans of hyphenation and my last name is on the longer side so it might be too much. We haven't talked about this in a while and I'll bring it up again sometime soon and see if the conversation goes any differently now that we know the sex and can brainstorm complete names more seriously. 

And it's good to know I'm not the only one who had a slight preference about gender because I know it sounds crappy to say out loud! I guess I always envisioned raising a kickass little girl and now I need shift my mentality and start thinking about raising a kickass (and kind) little boy. I'm sure working on the nursery and spreading the news with family and friends will also help!
  • Options
    @novelblessings Yay! Congrats. We are having another girl, too. I'm excited to get to reuse all my DD's clothes, and plan another little girl nursery. Sisters are the best (I have two of my own!)
  • Options
    @laur84ns Thanks! I am excited we don't have to buy too many things and DD is moving to a bigger bedroom which we are re-doing for her, so no re-painting or new nursery stuff needed. Should be an experience, as I grew up with a brother.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed that is so exciting!
  • Options
    @meggyme thank you!!! Now I can really start making plans!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]