May 2019 Moms
Options

Initials bother me...what do you think?

Choosing a name has been tough. We needed a name that worked in English and Spanish. We haven’t agreed on much. Then we thought of Ezekiel Mason W(last name) and we both really liked it. Only problem is that first/last initials will be E.W. Is that best to avoid and reconsider or is it a non issue? I am scared but my SO said he’ll have a middle initial and he’ll go by Zeke most of the time so it won’t come up. Idk tho...

Re: Initials bother me...what do you think?

• Options
    This would fit well in our Favorite Names Thread. I would probably reconsider an E name, though, if your last name is a W. If you like Zeke, just use that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Until I got married, my initials were EW (technically EMRW) and it never bothered me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    I don’t think that’s an issue. I wouldn’t think twice if I saw those letters as initals. 
  • Options
    I currently have three students with the initials E.W. I teach middle school too...zero problems with bullying for them. Don’t sweat it.
  • Options
    I think it’s fine and not an issue. The only time I ever use my first and last initial is when I’m initialing documents. If all 3 initials spelled something not so great, it’d be a no go for me. I’m in the South though, and put my son’s initials or name on everything from bibs and blankets (when he was a baby) to some of his clothes, so good initials are key for me. 💁🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    I just think of Entertainment Weekly.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    over my head I guess ..what is E.W?
  • Options
    @troystory17 I was taking it as someone going "ewww" as in gross. But maybe I'm missing something? I really don't think it's a big deal.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    troystory17troystory17 member
    edited October 2018
    ohhh honestly didn't even cross my mind haha

eta: I wouldn't worry about the initials if you really like the name.
  • Options
    I actually like the initials ASS. 
    I just spit out my coffee  :D:D 

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kdw1144 you posted this question on multiple BMBs.  As someone above mentioned, this forum is a little more structured.  Please intro in whatever month you are due in and join in on the conversations.  Posting the same question on multiple boards is only going to get your post closed by the admins.
  • Options
    Yep @k2k2tog April and June got the same post.  Not sure which board OP should be.
  • Options
    ew. That's annoying. The multiple drive-by postings, not the initials.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019