Infertility
Options

October 2018 IVF

Re: October 2018 IVF

• Options
    @Vanessa_lynne You're almost there!  Fx that you get great beta results.
  • Options
    @vanessa lynne hang in there !! Beta is almost here and will give you more definite answers. Fx and prayers for you !!

@bakerstreetboys and @jazziep how’s your TWW going ?

@Avrilmai how are you doing ? Do you have an ER date yet ?

@char245 sorry about your dominant follicle, did the higher dose help to resolve it?

@vetgirl2011 how’s it going ? Do you know when you will trigger yet ?

AFM, I have a nice update from my ER!! Btw, retrieval went great fortunately. Everyone was super nice and made me feel comfortable. I was sore and swollen for the rest of the day so I took it easy and stayed in bed for the most part. The day after when Inwoke up I was feeling much better. Didn’t even need to take any Advil or anything. Just a little bloated. As for our fert report, they retrieved 8 eggs, 7 were ICSI’ed , and 5 became embryos !!  My fresh transfer is on Saturday am. I will be a nervous wreck until then because my clinic doesn’t provide daily updates on the embryos bc they say it might affect their growth. Praying so hard that all 5 of our little guys make it to Blast , FX !! Hoping everyone has good news as well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@optimisticmrsk That's amazing, congrats!  Fx that all of your little embies grow to blasts!  How many are you going to put back?

I'm doing great so far because my lines keep getter darker!  My official blood test isn't until Monday though, so it's kind of stressful knowing that I'm pregnant but not having it confirmed yet!

• Options
    @optimisticmrsk that is a wonderful report! I'm so excited for you. 
    @vanessa_lynne I'm still hoping that your beta brings good news
    @bakerstreetboys I'm glad to hear you're doing great. Can't wait to hear about your excellent beta on Monday! 

AFM, no ER date yet. Awaiting the call about labs and my next appt. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @optimisticmrsk that’s excellent news!! FX that all 5 do well and your transfer goes great!! 
    @bakerstreetboys so exciting! Can’t wait to hear the great beta news!

AFM two follicles seem to be catching up to the “dominant” one. The numbers seem to be all over the place but today they said they were 14,15 and the third was 17-18. They are thinking ER either Sat or Sun. I just keep praying that the one doesn’t get too big and that the other two catch up. Just really hoping to get three goods ones! 
  • Options
    @optimisticmrsk Great new! Hopefully your transfer is super easy, and your tww goes by quickly!

@vanessa_lynne The wait is almost over! Wishing you the best of luck!!

@char245 Im glad your follies seem to be catching up! It’s so frustrating to have one dominant one! Good luck this weekend with your ER!

AFM, I had another ultrasound today. I have 7 follicles in the 21-24 range, 2 that are 17, and some small ones. I trigger tonight, and have my ER on Friday morning! I’m excited and a little nervous! 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 that’s excellent news!! Hope everything goes great for you on Friday!!
  • Options
    @char245 That's so great!  Quality over quantity :)  Fingers crossed for this weekend!
    @vetgirl2011 Good luck on Friday!
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 thank you !! And don’t stress about ER it’s super quick and easy. Just take the whole day to lounge and rest. Also congrats on your follicles , those are great numbers!! Hoping you get tons of little embies :)

@bakerstreetboys thank you for the well wishes. I will be transferring 1 embryo ! Can’t wait !! So encouraging that your lines keep getting darker. Sending prayers that you have a super strong beta result !

@Avrilmai hang in there !! FX that your follies keep progressing !!

@char245 thank you for your words ! I will be crossing all my fingers that you have a good retrieval and that they’re able to get as many eggies as possible. You’re almost there !

AFM, no updates , I’ve just had a few new symptoms from estrogen and progesterone , really sore boobs and constipation ** all worth it to get our take home baby right ?? Sending positive vibes to all you ladies this cycle 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 great news so far! All the best Friday! 

@char245 so excited for your weekend ER! Best wishes to you! 

Funny story: I was at Shoppers Drug Mart with my boys yesterday evening and my youngest (7) sneezes and I get the "Mommmy" and I look down to see he has a streamer down his left nostril. Reach in my pocket and pull out a pantyliner (because my purse and pockets are like Always dispensers lately, thanks Endometrin), open it up and wipe his nose with it. I was grateful I had something handy to clean him up but then he's like "mommy, what is that?". Ahhh don't worry, you'll find out someday"... 🤣

Keep up the great work ladies! 
  • Options
    jazziepjazziep member
    edited October 2018
    @optimisticmrsk congratulations on your retrieval! Thank you for asking about our tww. It was going well until Monday. Between learning my thyroid levels were off, then finding out only one of our remaining embryos made it to cryo, and then experiencing some cramping I had a lot of anxiety.

I then experienced spotting on Wednesday morning and I'm not sure if it's all the hormonal medications or possibly PMS, I really melted down. Took an EPT an it was negative... The clinic said no adjustment to my meds and to call them if I got a full blown period. Fortunately the spotting went away but I'm still having some cramping and some twinges of pain in my left side so I've been really anxious. I go back on Monday.

I will cross my fingers for everyone and have kept you all in my prayers daily.

• Options
    @vanessa_lynne thanks for the laugh!

@vetgirl2011 that's great news! Fingers crossed for your ER!
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys how is everything going?

Went in today to have my hormone levels checked because of the symptoms I've been having. They said the cramping, light spotting, moodiness can be the meds instead of my period starting but wanted to check my levels 🤞 

Actual test for pregnancy will be Monday. So much anticipation.

Thank you for all of your support!
  • Options

Good luck to the ladies who have appointments today!

@jazziep Fingers crossed that your levels come back quickly and with good news!  My actual blood test for pregnancy with my clinic is on Monday too.  I couldn't handle having to wait over the weekend though, so my family doctor is going to give me a requisition today to get blood done.  That way I'll be able to see the results tomorrow and hopefully see a rise on Monday.  I'm the 10dp5dt already, so it's crazy that my clinic waits so long!

• Options
    Beta test this morning, and just got my results. Unfortunately, as predicted by HPT, I'm not pregnant. Advised we can try again after my next Day 1 but I might just wait until the new year as it will likely end up having me travel and be away during Christmas which I would prefer to avoid. 
    I did start spotting yesterday and noticed that even though I'm still on POI and suppositories that my breasts were getting less sore as the week went on. Happy we have 3 frozen embryos, so we have a few more chances.  :)

@bakerstreetboys it's nice your family doc is giving you a req! I think you're having twins. ;)

FX for all you ladies, and I hope you aren't stressing too much for those who are in your tww. :)

• Options

@Vanessa_lynne I'm sorry that this cycle didn't work out for you, but I'm happy to see that you're being positive about it!  It's so great that you have embryos frozen so that you don't have to go through the whole thing again.  Good luck when you decide to do a FET!

Twins, gah!  We'd be thrilled with one, but would take two over none :)

• Options
    @vanessa_lynne I'm sorry for the negative beta. FX the next transfer is it for you. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @vanessa lynne so sorry it didn’t work out this time. Sending you a virtual hug !! And lots of positive energy for your next transfer , FX

@jazziep stay positive !! FX, for a positive beta on Monday !!

@bakerstreetboys that’s so smart to go to your family dr first ! Did you get your results yet ?

@vetgirl2011 Thinking if you today! Hope your retrieval went great...how are you feeling ? Did you get the initial report?

@char245 and @Avrilmai do you guys have retrieval date yet ? 

Looking forward to hearing everyone else’s updates !!

• Options
    @optimisticmrsk thanks for asking! I do, it’s Sunday morning. Right now I have follicles that are 17, 18 and 23. So they are having me do a boost of my stims along with my trigger tonight. I’m super nervous about the intramuscular trigger since I’ve never done that so here’s hoping it goes well tonight!! 
  • Options
    @char245 good luck!!
  • Options
    Hello all!

@optimisticmrsk I hope your transfer went well today!
    @char245  Good luck tomorrow!
    @jazziep and @bakerstreetboys FX for positive betas on Monday!!

My ER went well yesterday. I felt really bloated and a little sore, but it is much better this morning. We had 9 retrieved. Just got a call that 5 fertilized! We will get another update on Wednesday. Hopefully they will all make it to blasts. We will be doing FET next month, so now it is back to waiting. I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Options
    @char245 Good luck tomorrow! 
    @optimisticmrsk I hope things went/go well for you today. When is your beta?
    @jazziep  FX for Monday. 
    @vetgirl2011 sending positive vibes your way. FX for a great report on Wednesday. Remind me are you doing PGT/PGS? 
    Afm, still no ER date. I went in for monitoring yesterday and today and go back in tomorrow. At this point it would be Tuesday at the earliest. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @vanessa_lynne I am sorry about your results. I love your positive attitude and congrats on your 3 FE! 

My levels were ok but I started spotting again more heavily and called the clinic after hours line. Clinician feels my symptoms point to a no but will have confirmation on Monday. We have only one FE left. The soonest I can get a follow up with the actual doctor is November 2nd. Looks like we will have to take a month off, have the consult and maybe start again. I'm wondering if because of my AMA and DH MIF we should do PGS. 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 congratulations on your 5 fertilized embryos!

@bakerstreetboys fingers crossed for you!!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes, my transfer went really well. They transferred an excellent graded embryo , not sure the exact grading system they use but the Dr said it was an A++  !! I am cautiously optimistic as I know we still have to get through a few hurdles. But feeling confident and faithful. As for the rest of our embryos we still have 4 left, but they said they are not quite ready to be frozen yet, we might get 2 or 3 that make it to Cryo. Will know more on Monday!! For now I will focus on our little bean, praying it implants and grows healthy , FX!!

@vetgirl2011 congrats on your 5 embies!! Sending you all the positive energy and hope they all make it to blast !!

@jazziep so sorry about your spotting. Will keep praying for you to have a strong positive beta.

@char245 best of luck tomorrow !! Hope you get lots of good embryos !

@Avrilmai you’re almost there !! Sending you prayers that your follicles keep growing and you have a smooth retrieval. My beta is on 10/30, eeeek, so nerve racking !

Positive vibes for @bakerstreetboys and everyone else waiting on their betas!

• Options
    @vetgirl2011 5 fertilized is great news!! Good luck on your FET!

@jazziep sorry about the spotting! All the waiting and not knowing is so hard! FX for good news!

@optimisticmrsk that’s awesome that you were about to transfer such an excellent embryo!! Here’s hoping your others freeze and you get some great news soon!

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies! 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 That's great that 5 fertilized!  Hopefully they all make it to day 5.
    @jazziep I'm sorry that you're having a rough time.  I hope that you get good news on Monday.
    @optimisticmrsk Wow, that sounds like an amazing embryo!  Good luck in the tww :)
    @avrilmai I hope your next monitoring appointment gives you some better idea of dates.  This process can be so long!

AFM, I went for a blood test yesterday but I guess it was too late in the day, because my results still aren't online! I doubt they will be tomorrow, and it's killing me to wait.  Ah well, hopefully I'll at least see a rise between yesterday's numbers and the official beta with the clinic on Monday.
  • Options
    Huge bummer... somehow I already ovulated so there was nothing for them to retrieve. They said this rarely happens. WTF we followed their directions exactly.
  • Options
    @char245 oh no!  I’m so sorry :( I hope they have some answers for you at your follow up appointment. 
  • Options
    @char245 what?!?! That’s so disappointing. I hope they can give you some answers. Do you have a follow up/WTF meeting scheduled? 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @Avrilmai I’ve emailed my RE letting her know I want to schedule a WTF meeting for this week! Of course she’s at a wedding this weekend. The issue is I’m so pissed off right now bc I feel like the doctor filling in for her made a bad call by pushing me so long, but my doctor is so sweet that once I get in to the meeting I know all of this energy I have and all the questions I have are just going to go out the window bc she somehow has that effect on me and my husband is soooo calm all the time that I don’t know if he’ll be able to be stern either. Oh well, I’ll write my concerns down and we will see what happens.
  • Options
    @char245 wow, so sorry that happened to you !! How upsetting, I really hope you can see your Dr as soon as possible to get a better idea of your next steps. Stay positive, you did everything you were supposed to and unfortunately there are many things in this process that are out of our hands and we can’t control !! It sucks that this is another delay for you but you will get there in due time :smile:
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I just joined, this my first post and I don’t know all the lingo yet so bear with me please.  I just had egg retrieval on Friday and thank God we got 14 fertilized embryos.  I feel very sore but glad to be done wit shots and the ER.  But this waiting is scary! We are doing pgd and a FET hopefully but not sure when exactly.
  • Options
    Happy Monday ladies! I hope you don't mind me lurking and following your progress. I had a rough day Friday, but gladly the rest of the weekend was actually quite great. Lots of time with great friends and good food. Sexy time with my darling fiance was also wonderful after having to abstain for more than 3 weeks. :) Sorry if TMI. 

@char245 so sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you get some real answers and best of luck with your next steps. 
    @jazziep thinking of you today as you wait for your results. FX for good news!
    @optimisticmrsk great news! So glad everything went well for you with ER and ET!
    @firstivfoct2018 welcome and congrats on your 14 embryos! Keep us posted!
    @Avrilmai Did you get confirmation that your ER is tomorrow? FX for you. :)
  • Options
    @vanessa_lynne yes, confirmed for tomorrow!  Glad to hear you had a good weekend and that you're doing fun things for yourself.
    @bakerstreetboys let us know how it goes today! 
    @jazziep holding out hope that your symptoms are wrong and that you get good news today. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    Hi everyone. I appreciate all of your prayers. Unfortunately it was negative. I am at work today and had to take my lunch early because I've been so upset for the last hour since they called. I'm not sure what to think.

I can't get a follow up with the doctor for 2 weeks so I feel like we need to take a cycle off until I can talk to him about what we can do for next time. I would like to transfer our FE, but I know it can take 4 weeks for a thyroid to level off once on medication and don't want to risk a FET if my levels are not stable. What a terrible feeling it is to lose something I guess you could say we never "really" had.

All you ladies are still in my prayers 
  • Options
    @Avrilmai best of luck tomorrow!! 

@jazziep I'm sorry to hear about your news. I had a good feeling having had my HPT show negative, but I was also pretty devastated having the beta confirmation results told to me, at my desk at work of course. Hugs to you. I am holding off until 2019 to try again. Maybe we can be FET buddies soon! You did everything you could, so don't be hard on or doubtful of yourself. 
  • Options
    @jazziep I'm so sorry to hear your results. I hate that you can't get a meeting with RE for 2 weeks.  I hope are being kind to yourself and we're here if you need anything. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Options
    @jazziep I’m sorry your result was negative  :( All of the waiting and not knowing is so hard! I hope your follow up goes well and you feel good about your next steps.