June 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-in 10/10

124»

Re: PGAL Check-in 10/10

• *lurking @eleven_ That ultrasound is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ So many congratulations!!
  • @eleven_ I am so happy for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @eleven_ I am so over the moon happy for you! I cant imagine how beautiful it was for you and think crying is totally justified!
  • @dntstpbelieveing no, they didn't call. I'm going to call today because the report hasnt even been posted to my portal yet. 

@sparklingdiamond I'm sorry they wont move it. I think calling again today and talking to nurse directly is a good idea.
  • @eleven_ That’s amazing - I’m so, so happy for you!! There’s nothing like hearing that little drum beat to ease some of the anxiety. I know it doesn’t erase it completely, but it certainly helps!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2018
    @sparklingdiamond, I’m sorry they are giving you a hard time on the appointment. I totally understand your reasoning - my husband desperately wants to be there and with his schedule, that often requires jumping through quite a few hoops.

Im going to gently play Devil’s Advocate for a moment (please don’t hate me!), I know how badly we want to get to that first ultrasound to assure ourselves that everything is moving along well, but just from personal experience, sometimes even 7 weeks can be too early to see a heartbeat (I was a fertility patient with my oldest, so I knew exactly when I got pregnant), and it still took them until 8 weeks to find a heartbeat. The three ultrasounds I had before that one at 8 weeks caused me so much angst and lost sleep and fear. I wish I’d just been able to wait until I was comfortably at the point where they should see something. You know your situation far better than I do, of course, and I TOTALLY get your frustration and your desire to have your husband there without pushing it back, and chances are, at 7 weeks, you probably will see something! So calling the nurse may be your best course of action for your situation. I’m just trying to gently say, I guess, that they may be trying to spare you lost sleep if they DON’T find anything at 7 weeks, even if everything is totally fine. We can often be our own worst enemies during the first trimester.

Either way, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you that that little bean is happily snuggled and developing nicely.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sparklingdiamond I'm sorry they're giving you a tough time.  I would definitely want my DH to be there.  I hope you have better luck if you call them today.

• Last night a dinner I made some comments about needing a babysitter for next Wednesday .
    MH: why what's next wed?
    Me: *just stared waiting to see if he will clue in* *nope* just the day I have been counting down for.
    MH: huh? 
    Me: the ultrasound
    MH: oh. Wow. Time really has been flying I can't believe we are already ready for that .
    Me: if you talk to me again tonight I will punch you. 
  • My line progression has been great, so maybe I'll stop POAS every morning!  Maybe....

My fertility clinic only does one blood test if the numbers look good, so I may cheat and get a second one done through my family doc.  I really want to see the beta numbers going up.

• @eleven_ So happy for you!!

@KissMeImScottish I totally get what you're saying.  This is apparently a new policy with them though because we did an u/s at 6 weeks last pregnancy.  I am kind of the opposite and want the early scans even knowing that we may not see a heartbeat yet.  I just want to know that everything is measuring close to on track. I had a miscarriage at 6-7 weeks and I'm just super nervous and want to see something.  Plus I don't see how you would magically see something at 7+2 you wouldn't see at 7+1 you know?
  • @eleven_ I am sooo happy for you! That’s a great heartbeat! Grow little rainbow baby, grow!

@sparklingdiamond I feel for you on the ultrasound stress. I would definitely not want to go without your husband. BF thought he was going to have to miss ours for work and I freaked out on him. Luckily, he doesn’t know the difference between Wednesday and Thursday.