June 2019 Moms

GTKY: Where are you from?

Re: GTKY: Where are you from?

• I live practically around the corner from Butchers! I've been wanting to try it, but also couldn't find anyone who had gone to tell me if it is worth it, so now I am definitely going to go. I grew up sewing everything by hand, and I feel like this is going to be life changing.

We just did Zahav for our anniversary/pregnancy celebration dinner (they have awesome mocktails because the chef is now totally sober), but I haven't been to the others yet, and will definitely hit them up!
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited October 2018
    @spacepiraterunner - If you want to learn to sew, that's your place. Its pricey, but the instruction is fantastic and the classes are small. 

Oh and I didn't know that about the Chef! That's fantastic. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You’re not the only ones. Boston Metro Area here. 
  • furnituregurufurnitureguru member
    edited October 2018
    1. Where do you live? Metro Detroit 

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? The summers are glorious and we have property “up north” aka on a lake about 2 hours north of where we live and we spend almost all our summer weekends up there.The winters can be brutal and come February / March I want out of the constant snow globe.

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? No plans on moving, we both are from Michigan and our families are local.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Definitely on the ocean somewhere. MH husband surprised me with a birthday trip to the Oregon coast and it was incredible waking up every morning to that view and watching whales while I drank my coffee. 

Edited because apparently I suck at proofreading today.
  • @futurelowe I’m right smack in the Sillicon Valley. What about you? My last BMB has several Bay Area mamas too! @TJtheGoat
  • marijaa333  For hospital I will use INOVA FF again, loved it.  
  • 1. Where do you live?  

South-Central VA 

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live?

Fave: The community. We unknowingly bought a house smack dab in the middle of a Mennonite community, and in fact our house was owned and restored by one family. 

Least Favorie: It’s a bit of a drive to really go out to town. The nearest grocery store is 30min away, but we have a mini farm and get a lot of our food from right here  :)

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? 

This house and property are everything we’ve ever dreamed of. We have a fully updated and restored historic farmhouse, with tons of property. Enough to hike and camp without ever really leaving home. Plus we own the ruins of an OLD (1700s) grain mill that is right up by our section of a river. You couldn’t ask for a better place to raise a family. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?

Right where I am. Although I might add to the top floor at some point. 
  • @runyogamom hello neighbor!

1. Where do you live? Ohio

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love that we get all the seasons. I dislike the temp differences day to day depending on the season. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We are definitely staying in Ohio.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Colorado.
  • 1. Where do you live? Outside Providence, RI (technically in MA-- what up @prpl11butterfly, @ncm1919, @knottiea425aa770290f79a)

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? It's nice to live in a farmhouse 15 minutes outside a city with all of the amenities (restaurants, shopping, etc.). I have always lived in New England and I can't imagine living somewhere without the 4 seasons. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We're here for the time being. My job is very inflexible, location-wise. But we like it!

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Still New England but maybe in the mountains, or in Western Mass where I grew up.
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• 1. Where do you live? MA (Boston Area)

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I like how we have four seasons, some may last longer than others. Least favorite, the sport teams in Boston. I can't stand any of them, and I can't stand the fans. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? I would love to move back to NY and be closer to my family and friends. But for the next 5 years, we plan on staying here. It depends on where our jobs takes us. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? We would have multiple houses, fully furnished, including full closets so its less packing. Have a place in NY, a lake house in Maine, a house out west so DH can snowboard. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jacksonbears I love our sports fans! Well, I love how loyal they are. But....they are usually quite drunk and obnoxious 😂
  • @goodgodlemon are we the same person?? I could have written this myself!

1. Where do you live?
    Currently South Eastern CT
    Originally from RI
    Lived in Hawaii for 3 years
    Spent winters in NH for many, many years
    So all over the place, mostly because hubby is military.

Definitely LOVE the seasons. I’m not a hot weather person, but I appreciate the cool weather so much more when I have something to compare it to. And my whole family is from around this area. Hate the traffic and cost of living, though.

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future?
    Assuming my husband’s job doesn’t make us move, we bought our house for the town and school district, so I sure hope not!

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live?
    If money were no object, I don’t think I could
    commit to one place. Europe (Scotland, England, Ireland in particular) would be high on the list. So would Scandinavia.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where do you live? TX

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Favorite - lots of things to do, people are friendly, it doesn't get too cold here, and my family is close. Least - traffic

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Stay. We'd only move if we needed to for work.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Ireland
  • allydsalallydsal member
    edited October 2018
    . Where do you live? San Antonio,tx (from the valley)
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? favorite part is that my family is here... least favorite part... I'm not a big city girl I miss my space.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? not going anywhere... I'm stuck
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? out in the country somewhere I can see all 4 seasons 
  • 1. Where do you live? Georgia (Metro Atlanta)

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Least favorite is hands down the traffic! Thankfully DH and I work about a mile apart from each other and both have flexible work schedules, so we are able to commute together. Favorite I would say is that Altanta is truly a melting pot and has something for everyone! 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Currently no plans of moving, but who knows what the future will bring.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Asheville, NC. 
  • @spacepiraterunner We lived in Philly for a few years and LOVED it! Our favorite places were Misconduct Tavern (great mac and cheese and fried avocado), Cavanaughs Rittenhouse and The Dandelion. Of course the inner nerd in me also loved going to the Barcade in Fishtown. :smile:

I also second @harrierwife on Monks (great beer selection, you know, for in a few months!) And The Mutter Museum! 
  • 1. Where do you live? Ontario, Canada
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love the size of my city, and how close we are to gorgeous parks.  I hate the long winters with tons of snow and temps down to -40!
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? I can't see us moving...ever, actually.
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? I think we'd stay pretty close to where we are now...maybe with a summer home in Italy!
  • @KissMeImScottish well hello neighbor! Glad to find another Scotland enthusiast. My husband and I had our honeymoon in Scotland! Loved it so much. 
  • @kissMelmScottish and @goodgodlemon DH and I spent a week in Scotland last summer before visiting his parents in Denmark.  We will definitely be going back!
  • 1. Where do you live? NH, near the VT border.  I am originally from MA, in between Providence and Boston (hey @bumblebee0210)
    2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Gosh, I love it here.  I'm paid competatively with Boston metro salaries, but cost of living is waaaay less, and no state income tax!  I love the seasons, the mountains, and lakes.  I could definitely deal with winter being a little bit shorter, and I could live without the occasional -20F day.
    3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? We're here for the long run.  I love my job and our house, and this is a great place to raise a family.
    4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? I'm not sure I'll ever leave New England.  Although I do dream about having 2 homes when we retire.  One in New England and one in a warmer climate perhaps?
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll if you don't mind me asking how far are you out of MA? I'm about 45min to VT and 5 to NH.
  • @prpl11butterfly Oh hey!  That's way closer than anyone got on my last BMB!  I'm still a ways up... about an hour and a half north of Nashua, and an hour and 20 mins from Brattleboro.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Ah yes, still a ways! 
  • 1. Where do you live? Providence, RI (Hey, neighbor! @bumblebee0210)

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love my city - lots of great food, art, things to do... but the real estate situation is tough right now (we're still renting after trying to buy, but having several offers rejected last summer). Plus, I'm *just* far enough away from my family that getting help with childcare will be difficult.

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? While I would like to move just for a change of scenery, we're pretty locked-in to the RI/MA area due to my wife's family. Her brother is developmentally delayed and she shares legal guardianship with her father, since their mom passed away.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? I'm a bit of wanderer at heart, so I'd be up to trying someplace new every few years. My ultimate dream would be to live in the Netherlands, though. Fell in love with the country when I visited in college.

• That's strange - My name isn't showing up correctly in my above comment, and it won't let me edit it! (The comment from Knottie...255 is actually me.)
  • @prpl11butterfly Oh hey!  That's way closer than anyone got on my last BMB!  I'm still a ways up... about an hour and a half north of Nashua, and an hour and 20 mins from Brattleboro.
    We go up to Bethel VT a lot. A friend has a house there and it is my happy place. When we go to Montreal, we always stop in Lebanon and get some sort of awful fast food. Good times!
  • @ncm1919 Well, next time you're coming through the area and looking for something less awful to eat, maybe I can give you some tips.  I will say I'm definitely spoiled by living in or near the city for so much of my life before moving here.  At least we save a lot of money by not going out to eat as much, though!  

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I’ll let you know! To be honest, we don’t do much fast food and they don’t have Moe’s where I live so it’s sort of a treat. We get Worthy when we leave my friends house which is fantastic.

If you have any Burlington recommendations let me know. I have yet to go there but only hear great things! 
  • @ncm1919 I like Moe's!  Worthy Burger or Worthy Kitchen?  Either way, you can't really go wrong!  

I love love love Burlington!  The food there is fantastic!  I don't really go often enough to recommend a specific place.  They're really into craft brewing, and a lot of their restaurants are brewpubs, but there are some really great locally sourced places as well.  You can't really go wrong by putting whatever you're feeling like into Yelp or TripAdvisor when you're there!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• 1. Where do you live? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada 

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love that we are a festival city and there's always something happening. There's also a wonderful local arts scene so great music, theatre, art, and entertainment to check out. It's also has an incredibly giving community feel which I love. Oh and that it's super diverse!
    Least favourite? We have a lot of winter... Like three months too much haha 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Not leaving haha We bought our house three years ago and are very settled when it comes to work, family, and friends. I am in school part time but don't anticipate any issues finding work here when I'm done. 

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Definitely somewhere warm! Basic low key dream would be Vancouver, Bc because it's a great city and pretty mild weather year round. Rockstar dream would probably be New Zealand, Greece, or Thailand. 

• 1. Where do you live? Brooklyn, NY

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I love my neighborhood - tons of parks, so many families, super kid friendly, but still only 15-29 min from manhattan! I love that there’s so much going on in the city...but at the same time, it makes everything that I want to join in on super crowded! And the fact that I’m constantly working to afford my cost of living here...often keeps me from truly enjoying it all. 

3. Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? Not leaving...this is both my and DH’s hometown, so our entire extended families are here.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Hawaii? Australia/New Zealand? Haven’t been to any of those places, so not sure. In terms of places that I’ve been, I have a very close connection to Israel (friends, family)...I could see myself abandoning NYC for there if money was no object. Especially because I could find a job at the children’s hospital there with ease. But, given the mountain of student loans plus my apt mortgage, not gonna happen!
  • Where do you live? Hey CT crew! @goodgodlemon @kissmeimscottish
    What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? Like most new englanders, I do love me my seasons.  But it is pretty expensive to live here.
    Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? I think we are going to hang here for a bit. Currently house hunting!
    If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? Honestly, Maine. DH & I fell in love with it and actually got engaged there.  Although...we did just return from a trip to Sonoma/Napa and wouldn’t mind some property there, ha!

• 1. Where do you live?
    Outside of Rochest, NY
    I love that nearly all of my family lives close by, but I hate that winter seems to last half the year!
    No plans to move anytime soon, we both like our jobs and I would hate to leave live too far from our extended family.
    Colorado or Northern New Mexico.
  • @farmmomrao I grew up outside of Rochester as well! Grew up in Brockport :smile:
  • 1. Where do you live?

About 90 minutes outside Chicago

We live in a very small farm town and I absolutely love this type of life but I do so appreciate having “civilization” and the city within driving distance for an impromptu trip or dinner.

Definitely staying for the foreseeable future (probably until we retire at the very least). We are currently building our dream hobby farm and we own businesses and rental homes in town. 

Log cabin in Alaska OR a huge ranch out west 

• Where do you live? Ontario, Canada heeeyyyy @bakerstreetboys

2. What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live? I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, and neighbors help neighbors. It's just so friendly here. My least favourite part is having to drive to a neighboring city to go grocery shopping, unless I want to spend double the price of an item at the little Foodland we have here. Also the FREEZING cold winters and SNOW! I hate snow!

Yes. When we bought our house, we had a 5 year plan. Now that our small town is rapidly growing, and they are building some subdivisions, our 5 year plan has extended a bit to try and squeeze out the most money from this house. We are starting renovations in the next couple of weeks.

4. If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? I honestly havent really thought about that. We are extremely family oriented, and dont think we could go I really far away from them. So maybe in the same area on but on a lake with a beautiful waterfront property.
  • Where do you live?
    Indianapolis (hey @ShadeofGreen816 )

What is your favorite and least favorite part of where you live?
    I love it everything about my city, except the winter weather that’s rolling in. I'm 100% a city girl. I love the diversity and the fact that I can always find something to do and a new place to explore. 

Do you plan to stay where you are for a while, or are there any moving plans in your future? 
    Eventually we may move in search of career promotion opportunities for me. I love my job right now, but when I’m ready for promotion I may have to move. 

If money/work/logistics were no object, what would be your dream place to live? 
    Mum going to have to agree with my neighbor, @ShadeofGreen816
    If money isn’t an object, I’d like multiple houses. A private beach getaway, a DC condo, probably something in London, but a home in Indy. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19