November 2018 Moms

Symptoms Month of October

2»

Re: Symptoms Month of October

• @linz36 my sister had something similar and the doc was concerned it could be cholestasis (not sure on spelling) which was her liver producing too much bile in her blood and she would itch all the time. Nothing helped except using ice packs until she got medicine for it. It can be serious but it is very rare! Both my sister and her baby are fine though. 
  • @linz36 I have ICP. Have you noticed if your itching is worse any particular time of day? Are there spots on your body that seem to itch more than others? How far along are you now?
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 33w4d and the itching is all day but if I try to sleep (regardless of time of day) it is worse. It is literally my entire body including soles and palms. I called my ob/gyn just to let them know and they are going to do labs for ICP tomorrow. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 Good. It usually takes a week to get bile salts back. Make sure they run a CMP too, to check your liver enzymes. Let me know if you have questions, thus is my second pregnancy with ICP
  • The shortness of breath is unreal today. And my boyfriend is at work conference so I’m solo parenting my four year old who seems to have even more energy than usual... or maybe it just seems that way because I’m so out of breath, lol.
  • This seems like a weird one - but my arms have been feeling super fatigued at work lately (desk job, typing all day). I guess my whole body feels exhausted at this point, so it makes sense, since I use them so much?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sciatic nerve pain has officially gotten to the point I can't take one step without shooting pains. I can't get out of bed without shooting pains. And of course I left my laptop at work because I didn't want you to carry the weight. Tried stretching from 1-2 am with no relief. DH thinks a Tylenol is all I need... And ob doesn't open for another 30 min. I'm so sick of crying over nerve pains
  • @ftm_jen Have you tried getting a prenatal massage? My friend had bad sciatic pain during her pregnancy and swore up and down that her prenatal massage made it feel so much better. Whatever you do, I hope you find some relief soon. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @ftm_jen - oh no, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I hope you are able to find some relief. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @offtoneverland I've gotten three so far but it just doesn't seem to help. I try stretching and foam rolling, even self massage with a tennis ball against the wall. Hopefully my doctor has a secret trick unknown to Google. How am I going to get through labor if I can't deal with nerve pain?
  • I feel like I’m in first trimester again. Nauseous, exhausted, crampy, food aversions. Oh 36 weeks, you’re fun. 
  • @ftm_jen that sounds awful! Have you tried prenatal yoga? I have had sciatic pain on and off and yoga completely fixes it. They might have some stretches you haven’t tried. Or a prenatal chiropractor?

• @lifesabeach85 I go to the chiropractor weekly now. I was every other before and during early pregnancy. Are there any specific moves you recommend that helped you? I'm to the point where I'm scared to move. That cattle prod like nerve spasm has been hitting me whenever I put any pressure my left side. Makes me terrified to try new things but also willing to try anything to make it stop.
  • @wildrainbow so I do have ICP. They are waiting to repeat my bile salts next week and then will decide what to do. My liver is fine it’s just my bike salts that are high. I’m just upset with myself for not bringing up to my doc earlier seeing as I’ve been so itchy for a few months now (I just assumed it was my eczema). 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 oh no, i’m so sad to see that. don’t be hard on yourself, my cousin started to trend towards icp and only brought up the itching she’d had for ages because she randomly read about icp. why would anyone who’s never heard of it think to mention itching, ya know? fingers crossed that the icp doesn’t progress too concerningly— my cousin managed to stay borderline under that threshold the rest of her pregnancy.
  • @linz36 me too! I get nauseous and dizzy now (also 36 weeks). Booooo!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • With less than 5 weeks to go I have joined those of you with hemorrhoids. Anyone have secret tricks? I know witch hazel, baths, and tucks. Also, does this mean I will have them moving forward in life or will they go away after pregnancy is over?  :s
  • anyone else having emotional breakdowns? 35weeks tomorrow and I have bawled twice in the past 3 days... like heaving, sobbing, snotty mess. not cute. i feel so stressed and its coming out as emotional. im ready to be done being pregnant but SO not feeling ready to have a newborn either! eeek!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kbyahn I am the same way. I'm so done with the emotional rollercoaster and with being pregnant but torn on being ready for the newborn. I can't wait to meet him but I think it's normal to be terrified of the next chapter actually starting
  • @ftm_jen glad im not alone in this one! i mean i know its normal to feel "over it" with pregnancy... and as much as i cant wait to see this little kid and hold her, i also feel like so many ladies are ready to be moms, but i just dont know if im one of them. i feel so unprepared!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ftm_jen I’ve gotten them after my last two pregnancies. They usually that last about a month, then just disappear. I can tell I have internal ones but they aren’t nearly as painful. This time I got terrible ones lasts saturday. They were awful, but luckily one popped this weekend, so lots of relief. I will get them again after pushing out this kid, but my colorectal doctor said he might remove them for me when I’m at the hospital! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @ftm_jen I had them both last pregnancy and this one. They did go away a month after the last pregnancy and came back when constipation kicked in during this one. It's not necessarily a life thing, just a lot of pressure down there that your body's not used to along with all the blood flow. This too will pass  ;)
  • @hollyeva just another joy of pregnancy  :D  I never realized how much having a shirt torso would have an effect on my pregnancy. I just don't have room and between the hurniating stomach muscles and now this... Counting down the time!