December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.30

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.30

• @katy0990 not that I'm aware of. Last time I had to call the hospital the morning of and basically remind them I am coming in for my shot. They contact the blood bank and get it sent over that day. Idk if I could go directly to the blood bank but it's definitely something to look into because I do not want to pay another $500.
  • @gorgeousariel Wow! That sounds like quite an ordeal! My doctor just gives it in office. I hope you can find a cheaper option.
  • Loading the player...
  • @katy0990 seriously it is! I remember how much it hurt getting the shot ( I screamed out) and then got the bill. It felt like I got the shot all over again lol. 
  • edited October 2018

I had my appointment today. Her heart beat was around 140-150. :) She measured me but didn't tell me how far I was measuring. I'll just assume that means I was measuring right on track. My next appointment is in three weeks and then after that it's every two weeks. At my 32 week appointment they're going to do a growth scan. I got the TDAP and have to go get myself the flu shot sometime soon. DH needs to get the flu shot too.

@Llynde5 That's great you passed the three hour test. 11 pounds really isn't that bad!! Unfortunately we really can't (most of the time) control how much we gain. I'm doing everything the same as last pregnancy, including working out, and I've gained more than last pregnancy. I just keep trying not to think about it.

@gorgeousariel DS was head down at like weeks last time. I asked my midwife today if she could tell if she was head down yet and she said it's too soon to tell because they  move around so much at this stage. I know once DS was there though, he stayed there. That's crappy they're making you go to the hospital for the shot! You can't get it somewhere else? My best friend needed that with her kids, and they did it right there in the office.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I never updated my appointment yesterday. All was fine (doc never gives me the heartrate or fundal height; I guess I should ask but I never remember) but we were literally there for over two hours, just waiting -- appointment lasted for less than two minutes. I thought a 9:15 appointment would mean that he wouldn't be so far behind but my goodness. I guess not. I hadn't packed enough snacks or entertainment for my poor child, and ended up stealing a glove for him to play with. Next appointment in two weeks is at 8:15. Dude had better get me in and out of there!

In all my flustration from being kept waiting so long I completely forgot to ask about flu or TDAP shots. Sighhhhh. Afterward I went down to the lab for my blood draw. We shall see if I'm anemic or not!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon 2 hours behind for a 9:15 appointment?! O_O
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @PensiveCrayon ummm that BS.  

@k_m10 that’s very scary.  Happy to hear baby is fine
  • @PensiveCrayon  did they just expect you to wait or did they at least offer to reschedule?
    @k_m10 I’m glad baby looks good! That’s sounds scary, though.
  • 2 hours?! WTH. Good luck with the blood results!
    My doctor doesn’t offer the flu or TDAP in their office. Luckily most pharmacies will do them.

Thanks everyone. I know we did the right thing but I felt kind of silly once the baby started moving. My husband was joking that the copay (over $100) is going to come out of the baby’s college fund. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon that's total crap! I think a chunk of that responsibility is on the nurses shoulders - they know if the doctor is behind or was called in for an emergency & should update you if it's going to be a while.. that's just common human decency. I've had many issues like this in my dr office too. Wrangling a toddler that whole time is horrendous!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @PensiveCrayon Omg that's awful! I would not have waited 2 hours. The most I've waited is 25 minutes and the the midwife was extremely apologetic that I had to wait.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @gorgeousariel Both my rhogam and GD were at the hospital outpatient center. Can’t wait to see that bill!! Hope they don’t charge $500!

Had my 32 week appt today, noneventful ... belly measured perfect as usual and her heartbeat was 155 as it always seems to be. Got my flu shot and feeling tired now. We scheduled all of my remaining appts until my due date - unreal!
  • @countrygirl624 I hope your bill isn't that high! If you remember, please let me know how much it was. 
  • @PensiveCrayon That is frustrating!! Things like that would happen to me at my old midwife ALL the time. For yearly appointments, before kids. My office now mostly runs semi on-time, but not always.

@k_m10 I am glad everything checked out okay! I would have gone in too.

• @lippy625 super glad everything is ok for you! And that they got you all checked out! That must have been scary. 
  • @rcultrona Glad to hear you got good news!
  • @k_m10 @lippy625 better safe than sorry! Glad you and your babies are doing well!  

@rcultrona so happy they finally got the pics they needed and that baby looks great! Happy news!

@PensiveCrayon I've had to wait close to 2 hrs before.  But they only made me wait 20 mins in the waiting room. The rest of the time I was sitting in the treatment room,  which is worse because no TV!  It totally sucks.  Can't even imagine doing that with a toddler! I hope they apologized!
  • @lippy625 I’m glad all is well!
    @omnommer I don’t think hiccups are anything to be concerned about.
    @rcultrona I am so glad to hear that! It must be such a relief!
  • @lippy625 and @ebk20 my baby seems to be moving to different positions throughout the day! Starts transverse, then shifts head down, then by evening is head up in my ribs.  I feel like there's a gymnastics class in my belly. 
  • @ebk20 i need to start meeting with drs too. I've been seeing a PA and she's great, but i know she won't be delivering, so i need to make the rounds. I still feel like there are a lot of appts though, and the practice i go to isn't huge, so I think it's doable
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited October 2018
    I got my glucose results and I got a 71. I have an appointment tomorrow, but I’m wondering if anyone else got such a low number? I made the mistake of googling and now I’m worried it’s too low.
  • @katy0990 not the same but by the end of my 3 hr, mine was in the 70s. It's probably not a problem unless you are symptomatic (shaky, sweaty etc). Most of the time we are not drinking pure sugar so our body normally wouldn't dump out that amount of insulin... your doc may recommend you carry some snack with you in case you do get symptoms with low sugar. 
  • @katy0990 yes my 1 hr results were 70. Doctor said it just means my body is really good at breaking down sugar and it was first thing in the morning. 
  • @rcultrona That's great everything came back okay!

@ebk20 That's strange they still don't have you seeing the doctors. I'd be asking about that because I'd kinda want to be meeting and getting to know them!