Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester check-in w/o Oct 1

mayflower513mayflower513 member
edited October 2018 in Pregnant after IF

Happy October ladies!  This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 2nd trimester!!! If you are in weeks 14-27, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

How far along?

Appts this coming week?

How're you feeling this week?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there?

Mommies to be:

@tosh24 1/7

@mayflower513 2/4 BOY!

@LynnNJ 2/2 BOY!

@darkstar42 2/13 BOY!

@More14 2/17 GIRL!

@JamieH2000 2/20 FINDING OUT!

@halips 2/24 BOY!

@Drove2u 3/23 FINDING OUT!

@kristimh80 3/28 GIRL!

@uterusdreams 3/29 GIRL!

@scikap 4/2 FINDING OUT!

Please, also let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤

Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: 2nd Trimester check-in w/o Oct 1

• How far along? 22 weeks. 

Appts this coming week? I have my echo on Thursday.  I called to see if they had any cancellations (again) and was told the MFM doctor is out until then so basically no luck on moving it up at all.

How're you feeling this week? Very nervous.  Baby is moving a lot which is reassuring but I check the HB again and it's still just so irregular it's nerve-wracking.

Rants/Raves: I'm upset about having to wait a week to get my echo but I guess that's probably not that terrible.  I'm also so put off by the fact that I see so many different doctors in my office that I just don't feel like any one doctor is monitoring me and the OB I saw Thursday making his comment about me not being viable yet so moving the echo up not really mattering has me now considering switching to a midwife.  Again.  At 22 (+) weeks.  Do any of you see midwives?  Is it any better?

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there?  I live in Rhode Island.  I did grow up here from 5th grade through college and then moved around a bit and came back about 10 years ago.  Same town but different end of it.  We now live next door to my in-laws so we.are.never.leaving.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513
    There were a couple midwives in our practice and they all had really rave reviews; I only talked to them on the phone though -- I normally saw the OB that I've seen forever and ever. But that's a decades+ relationship and the kind where he took over my care in the hospital even though he wasn't on call. So it may be worth it to explore some other options if you don't feel comfortable.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • @mayflower513 Ugh, I'm sorry you're going thru all of this right now. I'd be feeling the same way, esp with so many doctors that you have to see! My boss had a midwife, but was the same way...she saw a different one almost every time she went in. Which in a way is good in way so you know them all before they show up at delivery :) 

How far along? 14w4d

Appts this coming week? OB on Friday...I believe it's just a belly check. 

How're you feeling this week? Feeling good. Had more of an upset stomach and heartburn a lot this weekend. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: Finally got more maternity dresses...they are so comfy! MH joked "those aren't very form fitting, are they"? Duh...I have to wear them til 9 months, so for now they are comfy and feel like wearing pj's. 

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I live in Dallas, TX. Grew up in in northern florida, then after graduating lived in Charlotte for a long time before Texas.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Hi everyone! This is my first week in 2nd tri, so thanks for letting me join in. :) 

@mayflower513, thinking of you and hoping the next few days go by quickly! I will be having a fetal echo sometime in the next month (ish) because my 7 year old daughter was born with a congenital heart defect. 

How far along? 14w3d today. EDD 3/29/19 and it's a girl!

Appts this coming week? I have a regular OB appointment Thursday evening. 

How're you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good overall. I still get some random evening nausea which is annoying, but I can't complain too much I guess. I think I've been feeling some movement, I feel like it's really early (with my first daughter I didn't feel anything until 16-17 weeks), but I don't know what else this would be! 

Rants/Raves: I told my one supervisor at work on Friday that I'm pregnant and it went really well! Now I have to catch my other one some time today and then I plan to tell the woman that I supervise, as well. It will be nice to not have to be secretive at work anymore... my belly would give me away soon if I didn't do it myself. 

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I live in the Chicago suburbs and this is where I grew up, too. I went to college in Milwaukee and grad school in Chicago, but other than that, I've always lived here!

• @mbradfo2 Thank you!  I think I will see what happens with the echo and my next appointment with my OB next week and go from there.  I will probably end up switching or at least calling midwife practice and talking to them.

@kristimh80 Thank you.  I was thinking that it is probably the same at some practices.  I think I will only switch if I talk to them about that topic and get some reassurance that it would somehow be different.  I also am having anxiety because I heard someone had a bad labor experience with one of the OB's in my current office.  Can't deal with the anxiety right now!  Glad you're feeling well and you will have an appt this Friday.  How often do you go?  Are they all with your high risk doctor or do you go to both?

@uterusdreams Welcome!  I have added you to the list :smile:.  And, thank you.  At least it's only the next couple of days I have to get through.  I'd just love to be going, like, today!  Are you considered high risk because of your 7 yo daughter?  Good luck with your appointment Thursday!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 I know, I would rather you got to go today, too!! The waiting is so hard. I would say try not to worry about it and keep yourself busy/distracted until then, but I know that's way easier said than done. ;) And yes, I'm high risk because of my daughter's CHD (and I guess also because I'm over 35, and I did IVF - basically I'm just a hot mess). 

• @mayflower513 Hope these next few days fly by for you. I know a few people who go to a midwife practice but it seems it's common for them to be group practices as well so you rotate midwives every appointment. Still doesn't hurt to look into one, though, if you're feeling like you're not getting the care you need. A lot of midwives also won't take high-risk patients, so depending on what the results of the echo are, they may turn you down (I was turned down because I have an auto-immune disorder that can affect blood-clotting. It never has before and I've never had to be treated for it, but it's a risk thing for them). 

How far along? 26+0

Appts this coming week? I have a regular OB check up on Thursday. I'll get my paperwork for my GTT and my 28 week growth scan, and a referral back to my hematologist to start monitoring my blood platelet count at this appointment.

How're you feeling this week? Pretty good. Had the AF-like cramping come back after a nice hiatus so that feeling always freaks me out. My hips are killing me when I sleep and I get short of breath really easily, but otherwise I'm OK. 

Rants/Raves: Got a lot of house prep done for baby this weekend. Finished cleaning out the totes in our crawl space so only stuff we actually want to keep is stored away now. Rented a steam cleaner and cleaned the basement carpet so that we can move the toy room out of the spare bedroom and into the basement. And then it will be nursery set up time! Apparently I did too much, though, and my body let me know it. My lower abdominal muscles were really sore and so were my obliques. Could barely move by yesterday evening and spent it laying on the couch. I hate not helping and being able to do things I'm normally capable of doing! 

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I've always lived in the same regional municipality in the same province in Canada, just different towns. I've been living in the same town now since my family moved here when I was in high school. I always thought I'd leave this town for great adventures, but it's a great place to raise a family so we stayed. 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh thank you.  I have heard that, which is partly why I will wait until after my echo and figure out what to do.  Very blah about this.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Oh well then you have a valid concern then, just hearing that story. I only go once a month right now. My doctor hasn't referred me to the high risk place yet. At this point, I've gotten comfortable and not as paranoid about not having so many ultrasounds, so if I just stick with my regular OB...then it's all good!

@tosh24 Good to hear you got a lot done this weekend! I'm the same way, it drives me nuts knowing I can't do as much as I'm use to. Even yesterday, MH had me walking around Home Depot for an hour...I left and went to the car because was over it. My SIL tried giving us a huge bin of toys her 3 kids have outgrown. I couldn't deal with all that yet, so extra kudos to you for finding space for yours! The whole idea overwhelmed me! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @mayflower513 I’m so sorry you have to go through this. It must be so nerve wracking. I will also have to go for a fetal echo as my now 21 month old daughter was born with a VSD (a really large hole in her heart) and also some valve issues. They didn’t find it until she was 2 days old and I was really grateful I didn’t know about it until then otherwise I would’ve worried unnecessarily. So I can’t imagine how you’re feeling now. The docs told us she will 100% need open heart surgery. So far, no surgery. She is growing so well…in 98 percantile for height and weight which is unusual for a child with a heart condition. And we recently took open heart surgery off the table and still a chance she may need angioplasty. Point being is, whatever the issue may be, it will get fixed. And it’ll all be ok. Things may turn out even better than expected. When we also found out about her heart issue, I didn’t really worry…because there was no point. I mean give me a valium the day of her surgery but otherwise we went appointment by appointment. So please don’t stress! All will be ok!

RE: Midwives. I saw midwives throughout my first pregnancy and HATED it! My labor ended up being 72 hours because they’re kinda anti- C-section unless medically necessary. But come on!!! 72 hours!! I also found them to be rude and dismissing but of course that was probably just my practice. Now I see doctors…and yes for both mid wives and docs I would see someone different. That’s totally normal. They want you to get to know everyone because who knows who will be on call during your labor.

Hi @kristimh80 glad you’re feeling ok!!!

• How far along? 15 weeks, 2 days

Appts this coming week? None

How're you feeling this week? Fine, not even pregnant

Rants/Raves: Thanks to everyone for asking about my inconclusive Panorama result. The genetic counselor from the hospital called and said it was a lab error? I guess the doctors didn’t know this and couldn’t tell me this.  No clue what the communication issues are here but it’s really frustrating. I took a re-do blood work Friday so now waiting for the results. First time it took 10 business days. They said they put this one on “stat” so I should hear in about 8 days. Lol whoopty doo!! What a mess! I was supposed to find out the gender with this test too but now have to wait longer for that.

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I live in PA, near jersey. Just moved there about 5 years ago. Born and bred jersey girl.

• @Drove2u
    that's awesome to hear about your Panorama! I can't imagine how anxious you were over it! Is your OB at a hospital-based clinic? Or just that counselor who called you? I've just sometimes found that hospital-based offices are often rushed and busy, so that may explain some of the communications issues. Seriously, could they have figured out a way to tell you off the bat it was a lab error so you didn't freak out needlessly??!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @drove2u Thank you - I'm so glad your daughter is doing better than expected but so sorry you have to deal with any of that!  I know it'll likely all be ok, thank you for the reassurance.  And what a relief about the panorama!  They'd better hurry up!!

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• mbradfo2 So my OB is not from a hospital based clinic but my OB called in for a referral for a high risk doc for me at the hospital which is why the hospital genetic counselor called me. I of course will do a fetal echo because of my daughter's history but honestly I don't want to go to a high risk doctor. I don't mean to sound ungrateful whatsoever but I just don't have the time for extra appointments. I work in NYC, and have a two hour commute in AND a two hour commute out then, so I can't just leave work for an hour for an appt and then go back. I have to  take an entire day off. Also, of course, if I REALLY needed to see a high risk doc because they found something wrong then I would. But right now my OBGYN is telling me I need to see a high risk doctor because my tests came back inconclusive and I'm 37. To me, that's not good enough reason to have to see one. Am I just in denial here though? 

Anyway I'm still not out of the woods so who knows what this Panorama test will show and really where all of this will take me. 

mayflower513  thank you! And I will be thinking of you. I know it's not easy. 
  • Hi all!

How far along?

13 weeks 6 days

@mayflower513 add me to the list too please! :):)

Appts this coming week?

Two more weeks until next OB appt.

How're you feeling this week?

Quite good. No symptoms to speak of at the moment, other than my pants getting tight!

Rants/Raves:

Got my NT results back and everything looked good ("low risk"). Phew. I didn't get any actual numbers - I would have liked an adjusted risk factor - but maybe I can ask about that at my next OB appt. I should probably be happy with just "low risk", but I'm a scientist by profession so I like my numbers lol. 

A similar rant about rotating OBs. In my case, I'll see the same OB - who I really like - throughout my pregnancy, but she rotates with 9 other doctors for deliveries. So, odds are I will have a doctor I have never met before at my delivery. Apparently this is a common practice. We've talked about hiring a doula, but I'm not sure I want that (for similar reasons as @Drove2u mentioned, ie I'm worried about them being unreasonably anti-C-section or pain meds. If I could find someone whose views aligned with my own, then maybe I'd do that). 

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there?

Toronto. I grew up here, spent a few years living in Boston, and then moved back. All of my family and all of DH's family are here, so we are happy to stay put. 

About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @skicap need your due date!  Do you know the sex yet?  If not, are you finding out?

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513- I'm still so frustrated for you that they can't move up your scan! Just praying these next days go fast and you get good news on Thursday. I am in a group of 7 OBs and could see any of them. I have only seen one so far and she was great with taking my "incarcerated uterus" seriously. Perhaps you could try to see one more often to get consistent care?

@uterusdreams- I am in the Milwaukee area and went to FCI for my care. What clinic did you go to in Chicago?

@tosh24- i had some period like cramping yesterday and today and it really has me freaked out! I hope yours goes away and stay away!! Congrats on almost being third tri :)

@kristimh80- yay for maternity dresses! I guess you can wear them much longer in Dallas than we could here in the midwest :) Wish I could just wear dresses instead of pants!

@drove2u- that is SO frustrating about your test! but thrilled it was just a lab error and hopefully this one comes back SOON and GOOD!

@scikap- getting low risk results is always the best :) But I hear you about wanting the number! I got the lowest they give and it was 1/10000, so I would assume that is what they mean by low risk!

How far along? 19+5 today!

Appts this coming week? Yes- my anatomy scan is FINALLY on Friday. 

How're you feeling this week? I had some period like cramping or aching yesterday and this morning. really freaked me out. I just laid down yesterday and it went away. Hopefully its just stretching.  Just been anxious and having nightmares since I haven't seen in the baby in 5 weeks or felt it move for sure yet. I listen to my doppler every few days so I know there is a HB at least.. The anatomy scan will be such a big milestone for us AND we will find out the sex!

Rants/Raves: Still dealing with morning sickness..hoping it will go away at some point!!

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I Currently live in SE WI, by Milwaukee. Grew up in Madison though- go Badgers!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @jamieh2000 thank you.  I do try to book all of my appointments with the same guy.  The last couple of weeks he was gone and then I went twice last week (first for pain then the HB) and they booked me with 2 different doctors for those because they were so last minute.  I just wish OBs cared more.  Like I want one doctor who would see that I came in and follow up with me.  But I hear nothing.  Probably unrealistic I guess.

yay for AS this Friday

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 EDD is April 2
    We are planning to find out the sex!
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    EDD April 2/19

• @mayflower513 Thinking of you this week and hoping all goes well on Thursday! I see midwives, and I’m really happy with the care I’ve received so far. My appointments are longer than they’d be with an OB, and seem more in depth. I do see a different person each time, but that’s intentional on my part to get to know more of them so I’m more likely to have someone I know there for the delivery.

@kristimh80 I’m loving the maternity dresses too! I’m not someone who normally wears dresses though, so it’s a bit of an adjustment!

@uterusdreams Welcome! I’m glad that telling your work went well.

@tosh24 I’m impressed by all you got done, but sorry you’re feeling it! Hopefully your body recovers quickly.

@Drove2u I’m so glad to hear that the inconclusive result was due to a lab error! What a relief for you.

@scikap Welcome to second tri! Regarding doulas, we just hired one after interviewing a few, and all made it extremely clear that they are there to support whatever decisions MH and I make, not to push any agenda of their own. All the ones I met have attended both hospital and birth center births, with and without various medical interventions. All that to say that I think doulas are an awesome idea. J

@JamieH2000 Excited for your AS on Friday! I’m sure the cramping you’re feeling is just stretching, but I know how scary that can be. Also, hi fellow Midwesterner! I’m in MN.

• How far along? I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow!

Appts this coming week? Nothing this week. AS was last Thursday, and all went well. It was so exciting to get to see baby for the first time since 8 weeks!

How're you feeling this week? Pretty good! I'm getting over a cold, and that was no fun, but I'm finally feeling better. I've been having weird wrist pain (carpal tunnel), so I'm going to bring that up with my physical therapist at my appointment today.

Rants/Raves: This is an easy teaching week for me, as I'm showing movies in two out of my three classes. I swear it fits with the curriculum!

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? I live in Minnesota. This is my third year here. I'm originally from the bay area in California, and lived in Arizona for six years before coming here. I absolutely love it here though, especially in fall. :)

• @tosh24 - I'm Canadian too! Not often I see another "one of us". haha
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 Hello, fellow Canuck!!! You're right - we're few and far between on here! I was lurking the "New Mommies" thread the other day and saw you mention something about government funding for IVF so I *thought* you might be Canadian. My IVF cycle was an OHIP-funded cycle. I feel so fortunate that we have that option here because otherwise it wouldn't have been in the cards for us. The wait lists are sooo long but DH and I put our name down when we were doing IUIs just in case they didn't work and I'm glad we did because when everyone realized we needed to move on to IVF, I only had 2 more months to wait! The other thing I didn't know was that each clinic offers their funding program differently, so while some clinics have an insane wait list, other clinics are quite a bit shorter (like 6 months or less). We got in even quicker than anticipated because my clinic had leftover funding at the end of the year so they did a "first come, first served" mail out to everyone on the list and I snagged one of the spots. I don't know where you're located, but if you're interested in some other options, PM me and I'll let you know what clinic I was at. I was only on their list for a total of 6 months and I LOVED my RE. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 - 6 months!!! Mines 1-1.5 years! I'll PM you haha
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @darkstar42 hey there fellow Minnesotan  :):)

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @JamieH2000 I went to FCI, too!! They have an office in the suburbs closer to where I live/work, but we did the transfer at the Chicago office. Which doctor did you work with? We worked with Dr. Sipe and I loved him.

@Drove2u - a 2 hour commute both ways?? Oh my goodness. What do you do? 

@darkstar42 - thank you!!

• @mayflower513- That does not sound like good care :( sometimes the NPs are actually better.. could you see one of them sometimes? Hopefully once your regular OB is back it will get some better too....

@darkstar42- I like the midwest and the seasons, but winter is just TOO long for me. I would be fine if Spring came in January after Christmas ;)

@uterusdreams- o wow! I worked with Dr Rodgers and LOVED her. Dr. Sipe did my first DE transfer and he kinda gave me a hard time about transferring two. I get he may not agree, but they were already thawed and ready, so why bring it up then? Otherwise I did really like him and have heard good things.
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @tosh24 @JWatt5 Hey Canadians - me too! I was lucky that one of my IUIs worked while waiting for my funded OHIP cycle. My clinic's waitlist was 1.5 years and I thought that was standard - good to know that some have shorter times. I didn't like my clinic very much. The nurses were great, but it always felt poorly managed to me, administratively. They even ran out of IUI funding a couple of times, so we had to take a month off two different times. Still grateful to have funding at all, of course!
    EDD April 2/19

• @JamieH2000 that makes sense, if they were already thawed what are you supposed to do?? "Oh, you're right, can you stick that one back in the freezer?"  :/ (Not to make light, but... seriously, why bring it up at that point?) 

• How far along? 20w2d

Appts this coming week? Had my AS yesterday but need to repeat parts of next week

How're you feeling this week? A bit frustrated. Yesterday's AS didn't go so well because baby girl kept moving and contorting herself into a very impressive ball so I need to repeat it. And the scan showed I have a placenta previa. I hope it keeps moving so I can have a shot at a vaginal birth, but it's completely covering my cervix and my internet search showed the chances are not so great. Will have to wait for the 28w ultrasound to know more.

Rants/Raves: need to watch my wait. I finally started gaining weight and need to make sure I keep gaining. Little bean is right on track so I want to keep the momentum!

GTKY:  Where does everyone live?  Have you always lived there? Chicago ftw!

• @scikap - a third Canadian!! Mines a longer wait list too - I knew each clinic could do their own “version” of the list and each get a different amount of slots. My IUI worked too last time before we got to IVF. Actually stayed on the wait list after for a while but our time came up at 4mpp so we’re starting over. I liked my clinic for the most part (except one nurse). I’m just outside the GTA in Ontario so I could have options of clinics but I’ve stuck with the McMaster University affiliated one as my Endo Specialist works with my RE (and since I commute, the clinic is close to work). 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @more14 I’m sorry about the placenta previa and uncooperative babe.  At least you get another peak soon :smile:

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @more14
    The same thing happened at my A/S -- baby was very uncooperative and they couldn't get some of the pictures they needed so I had to go back in 2 weeks. I was pretty upset about that since it felt like it dragged out my "waiting to see if she's ok" for another two weeks. Stressful!!!

Also, my sister had placenta previa with both of her pregnancies and she was able to do vaginal delivery with the first (and would have with second but she got an early c/section due to low amniotic fluid levels). I believe the placenta does eventually start moving up, but if it doesn't, your doc will just keep a good eye on you and you'll probably need a c/section (which is not the end of the world; mine went smoothly and recovery was fast.).

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mayflower513 @mbradfo2 thank you for the encouragements and kind words.
    I am happy I'll get to see her again, she was so weird and funny at the AS, flipping and touching everything with her hands and mouth. But I just want to know everything is as it should. At least she is growing properly!

I already had one C-section and I know that increases the chances the placenta will stay there. It started as an anterior placenta and moved down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so hard.

@mbradfo2 my recovery from C-section was smooth and fast, so I'm glad yours was as well! I was back to myself the next day and moving as usual by the time I left the hospital. I was going up and down stairs when I got home and didn't know I wasn't supposed to  :D
    My main issue with the C-section is the delay in milk production. I had a really difficult time with that and I really want to at least go into labor this time, to help get things going. Of course, if a C-section is the safer thing to do, that's what I'll do, but I'll be disappointed if that happens.

All that said, in the big scheme of things and disregarding all the current unknowns, this pregnancy is progressing as it should so I'm going to stay positive and look forward to the day I have her in my arms!
  • @more14 Sorry about the frustrating anatomy scan! I hope your repeat scan goes well and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your placenta moves in the right direction! Also, yay Chicago - are you in the city itself? :) I'm out in the burbs!

• @uterusdreams thank you for the kind words!
    Right now we live in the city, but looking to move to the burbs. I want a bigger place and a yard  :)
    Where in the burbs are you? We're looking in the Northbrook area.
  • @uterusdreams. I’m an editor. My job is super flexible and I get to work from home twice a week. I will also Be working from home my last month of pregnancy before I deliver. So despite the commute it’s hard to leave a flexible job like this. 
  • @more14 So sorry about your AS not going well. Good to hear everything looks to be going well despite it. Sounds like your little one was having fun messing with you guys or she just wanted a nap :) FX these two weeks fly by and the next one goes well! Plus side, you get to see her twice in 2 weeks <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Popping in from 1st tri for a ?: When does the 2nd tri actually start? I've seen so many different things and am curious. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @uterusdreams- exactly! I mean I have now transferred 2 embryos three times and I am still only only pregnant with a singleton, so what is meant to be will be.

@more14- welcome and sorry about the placenta previa. Hopefully it will resolve- i feel like it seems to for most ladies on here!

@madanm0530- not totally sure, but I think 13w 3 days? Feel free to join us anytime though! We aren't strict about it :)
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!