Infertility
Options

August 2018 FET

191011121315»

Re: August 2018 FET

• Options
    @bpietronicco congrats on doubling!  Hoping for an awesome beta #3 

Had my ultrasound today
    No gestational sac seen at all in my ultrasound.  The tech said my uterus looked "pregnant", but she couldn't find a sac anything, not in my uterus, and luckily my tubes looked fine.  She said don't rule things out yet, she said they didn't find her daughter on an u/s until 8 weeks. I'll try to remain hopeful, but it's not looking too good :( .  They took another blood test today, we'll at least see if my numbers are still doubling 
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @caitiemae fingers crossed for you!!! Hoping all will be fine!  I am so sorry for you having to be in limbo- it is a horrible feeling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bpietronicco. Fx for great 3rd beta!!!

@caitiemae Fx for bloodwork to come back quickly and doubling!
  • Options
    Just got my results for the 3rd beta 

241- so far so good.  Next is u/s on Friday to make sure gestational sac is in uterus. 

• Options
    @bpietronicco Awesome!!! Great beta!

Going in for my ultrasound tomorrow,  should he 6w3d. Praying so hard that we see a heartbeat. Super nervous about it, especially after our scare last week!
    Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • Options
    @MSU_Girl1202 prayers for a terrific u/s!!! Fx!!!!
  • Options
    @MSU_Girl1202 thinking of you today! Hope all goes well. 
  • Options
    So exciting @MSU_Girl1202! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    caitiemaecaitiemae member
    edited September 2018
    @bpietronicco awesome beta!
    @MSU_Girl1202 yay!!! Congrats!!!

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    Got my beta results from yesterday, HCG went up from 1170 to 3700, a doubling time of 72 hours.  That seemed extra slow, but looking online that's totally normal for this stage of pregnancy.  Im still confused what on Earth is going on since my numbers (if you ignore beta #1) have increased right on track, just with a low start.  My doctor did say that it's possible at that they just couldn't see it still at that HCG level and not to throw in the towel yet.  I'm getting more blood work tomorrow and another ultrasound friday and hopefully we see something then

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    De-lurking to offer @caitiemae some encouragement

I had a slow rising numbers - beta#1 59.4 @10dp beta#2 82.5 beta#3 162. I'm now 17w pregnant. I hope this gives you some hope, or at least shows you not all is lost. Not just yet. GL!
  • Options
    Thank you so much @more14!  Congrats on your pregnancy!

Went in for another beta, HCG went up from 3700 to 6318 in 48 hours!  Ultrasound is tomorrow, we better see something! 

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    Wow! @caitiemae Congrats great betas!!!!!
  • Options
    How’s everyone? Any tips for dealing with nausea? 
  • Options
    Hi @mandapanda1421. I haven’t really had any nausea yet...this time around but last time i always tried to snack often on crackers and 7up/ sprite.  
  • Options
    @heidis1 thanks! I’d been doing saltines. A friend also suggested graham crackers and ginger ale so I can mix it up with a few options
  • Options
    Ultrasound #2 today

This was out an outside imagine center so the tech "couldn't discuss results.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a good view of the screen either.  She said definitely not ectopic and she could see a little something in my uterus.  Sounds like it's probably not good news, but at least I don't have to worry about something rupturing on me.

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @caitiemae I hope everything is ok.  
  • Options
    🤗 @caitiemae fx for u still!
  • Options
    Hi ladies... see my update below. 

I had my first u/s yesterday and it looked good. Even saw a little flicker of a heartbeat.  

• Options
    caitiemaecaitiemae member
    edited September 2018
    @mandapanda1421 and @heidis1 thanks for thinking of me!

@mandapanda1421 fantastic news!!!

Finally heard back about my ultrasound . The doc said they saw a sac, but it was measuring behind at 5 weeks.  He pretty much said to prepare for the worst, but that we should just cross our fingers and hope we see a heartbeat the next ultrasound.  

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @caitiemae sorry to hear that.. let’s still hope for the best  :) 
  • Options
    Hi all! Been kinda quiet here lately.. @caitiemae hope all is well!
    Afm
    Had 6w 6d sono today and we have a lo growing nicely! Got to see a lil flicker hb too.
     Officially released from Re today!

• Options
    @heidis1 Congrats! I’m have one more u/s on 10/1 before I can be released 
  • Options
    @mandapanda1421 Thanks! Hows the nausea been for u lately? I’ve been getting it off and on. Normally if I haven’t snacked in 2-3 hrs is when i start to feel it.
  • Options
    @heidis1 The nausea is on and off for me as well. I just keep healthy snacks on hand as that helps. 😊
  • Options
    Looks like I'm fine finally out if limbo :(
    Had a third ultrasound at 7w6d.  All they still saw was an empty sac.  I forgot a dose of progesterone one night and woke up the next morning to some blood.  I was given the go ahead to stop my meds, I'm guessing once I'm off the progesterone for good things will probably happen pretty quickly naturally.  Thanks for all the support, ladies.  Hope all of you with BFPs have healthy pregnancies and that every one else that didn't have luck this round will get their BFPs very soon! 

Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    @caitiemae so sorry to hear but glad you are not in limbo anymore and can start the healing process.
  • Options
    MSU_Girl1202 I am so sorry to hear about your transfer not going smoothly, and your clinic sounds like a disaster.  I didn't have the labeling issue, but I did potentially have an issue with a new type cryostraw some clinics starting using in 2017.  Long story short, there is a new, thinner hexagon shaped straw that some clinics are apparently using to replace the regular square shaped straw because the hexagon shape saves space. The lab director told me on transfer day I lost my last two remaining embryos, and said he felt it was likely due to this new straw.  The lab director says they are no longer using the straw as embryos (at least in their clinic) were three times less likely to survive the thaw using the hexagon straw. No one knows the final numbers yet as the clinic still has more to thaw. He also mentioned some of the embryos "getting stuck" in the straw.  Not sure if it's the same thing as what happened to you, but thought I'd mention it.  I'm now looking at donor eggs. Hope this is helpful for you.  I know how hard it is to be ready to transfer and have everything go wrong.
    Me: 40 DH: 39
    TTC: Since 2015
    Egg Retrieval #1 (Feb. 2018) Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide (6 eggs, 3 fertilized, 1 blast PGS lethal abnormal)
    Egg Retrieval #2 (April 2018) Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, HGH and testoterone gel (11 eggs, 9 fertilized, 5 blasts-1PGS Normal; 1 Indeterminate)
    Transfer #1 (June 2018) Estradiol Tablets (cancelled due to fluid in uterus)
    Transfer #2 (September 2018) Patches and PIO IM injections, Perfect Trilaminar 8mm lining; lost all viable embryos potentially due to device failure (VitriGuard)