Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    That's amazing @zamora_spin!!   <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zamora_spin That is wonderful news. So happy for you! 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin wow that’s amazing!! Such great numbers!!! When do you get your next update?
  • Options
    That's incredible news @zamora_spin!!  Does your REs office provide any updates prior to day 6 (for those that made it to day 5 blasts) or is that the next step to wait for?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited September 2018
    Does anyone use Design Rx First Steps for discounts?  I received an email this morning. I read it as my discount ends on Dec 31 & I wont be eligible again. Anyone else?

• Options
    @zamora_spin Yay that's great!!

@suzycupcake good luck today!

@jrm_14 That's what it sounds like to me too.  That seems like an odd letter.
  • Options
    zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited September 2018
    @beachbunnyxo123 @lulu1180 From what I recall of what the embryologist said yesterday, they do check on everything as it progresses, and I'm expecting to get a report on day 3 of how many we still have going, but it's also possible we'll get even more interim reports. I believe she said day 5 is Monday, and that they will in some cases go to day 7 so we should know total that made it to freeze next Wednesday. I will be a total maniac with that portal link. My IVF nurse called me to see how I am today and I actually was the one who told her total mature and fertilized, lol, she was excited we have 10 going and even said maybe we'll end up with 5-6 PGS normal (umm, that seems crazy right? I find that extremely unlikely). 

eta - also, the bloat is so real. I felt totally fine until mid-morning today and then suddenly felt super bloated. I got on the scale and I'm up just a bit less than what they said I should be concerned about (up about 5.5 pounds and they said to call if I'm up 6.5). I'm at work briefly but I think I'm going to go home and weigh myself again in a couple hours to see if I should call them before they close. I'm trying to stick with electrolyte drinks but did have some water at lunch. I feel like I've now read conflicting things - should I eat salty things or no? 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I'm glad your RE gives you updates often (although I guess that could be both a blessing and a curse) and hope that you get more that are PGS normal than not!  As for the bloat, I'm sorry that you're experiencing that; from what I've read on here, I think salty snacks are good in this situation.  But since I haven't gone through it myself, take that with a grain of salt; this is just what I remember seeing from others going through the same thing

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I was told protein and electrolytes, not salt. I wasnt told no salt, but my RE was more concerned about protein and sorta waived me away when I asked about salt. How are you feeling otherwise?
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @suzycupcake YAYS!! That’s amazing. So glad you did well. Rest up and take care of yourself today.  <3
  • Options
    @suzycupcake 16 is great!! Get some rest and keep us updated! 
  • Options
    purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited September 2018
    @nitnat007 that’s so true!  I need to remember that 

@zamora_spin I’m so loving your update!! For the bloat, I ate tortilla chips and then stayed away from carbs for a little while. 

@suzycupcake FX for a great fert report tomorrow!

for those of you that had an endometrial biopsy and hysteroscopy, did insurance cover anesthesia?  I knew it wouldn’t cover my ER (and was $700) but I just got the claim from insurance and they didn’t cover anything and it was $1400. (It still has to go through Kory’s insurance) but I was expecting mine to cover it for some reason.  And any idea why it would be double?

(Eta my question)

• Options
    @suzycupcake Those are great results!!  Do they tell you how many were mature or just the fert report tomorrow?

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I was told salty foods. The blood is from fluids and the salty foods absorbs some. I would call though it doesn’t hurt just to check they might have you come in tomorrow just to be sure. How are you feeling now?

@suzycupcake that’s great news!

@purplg8r i have no IF coverage but since a hysteroscopy is medical it did cover that so the anesthesia was “covered” but I had to pay $800 coinsurance (which is 20% and they pay 80%). It should say in the policy if you have to pay coinsurance or hopefully not!
  • Options
    @lulu1180 Not sure. Just emailed to find out. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake Those are excellent results!  I know some clinics only give a day 5 report and either way, you'd likely be stressing over it the entire 5 days.  I hope you have some amazing plans scheduled to help keep your mind occupied!  As for the pain, have you contacted the REs office to see if they can prescribe you something stronger?  Hope you start feeling better soon!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu yas girl that’s great news!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear that! 

@zamora_spin oh good I’m glad things are back to normal and you’re feeling better

@suzycupcake my clinic only days a day 6 report. Hopefully you’ll be able to stay busy these next few days but those are great results 
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 @AlohaKumu thanks for the advice!  I think I’m going to see if H’s insurance will cover it and if not, call my insurance 

@AlohaKumu that’s such a relief!

@suzycupcake mine only called on day 6 too. Hopefully the days fly by!
  • Options
    Diagnosis: age related infertility on my part

What I'm doing this cycle:
    DH has been stressed due to death on his father but we buried his last weekend so hoping to start having more sexy time.

How are things going:
    I'm new around here and need encouragement since we have been TTC just around a year.  I'm 44 and my fertility doctor only gave 1 month of IUI treatment before saying I'm too old & they won't treat me. I feel used & taken advantage of by our health care provider but appealing to her boss didn't work. He said the side effects of Clomid they prescribed aren't worth the risk. Every month that goes by I just feel like I'm aging. My general doctor told me to wait 6 months last year before giving me the referral to fertility dept. So the only thing I can do is eat a fertility diet of eggs, salmon, avocados, and greens along with a handful of vitamins every day.  At least they gave me a three month supply of Endometrin which I've been using to help my lining.

I'm hoping to get advise on other healthy changes we can try to improve egg quality. I just bought red raspberry leaf tea and will be drinking that for my lining.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of the passing of your FIL @wanna-b-a-mommie as well as for your struggle with trying to get pregnant. Welcome to the forum. This place is filled with a wealth of knowledge and super supportive women. I hope you will find a provider that will sit down with you and come up with the best plan for your family. There is a newbie intro thread posted if you want to jump in :) 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited September 2018
    @zamora_spin That’s awesome news, I hope they all push all the way to 5. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @zamora_spin that’s great news!! Yay!!!