May 2019 Moms

Randoms 9/24

1234568»

Re: Randoms 9/24

• @sleepy33 that sounds so fun, I'm jealous. We don't do spontaneous things like that. Granted, DS's bedtime is 7 pm.

• Loading the player...
  • @sleepy33 that sounds so fun, I'm jealous. We don't do spontaneous things like that. Granted, DS's bedtime is 7 pm.
    It does get easier as they get older! Though if we're home, DS's bedtime is still 8, but he can stay out a little later for fun stuff. BUT, tonight is a dada night, so we are kid-free! I'm sure I'll still be home and in bed by 9:30 at the latest lol

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I forgot about HomeGoods! I'll have to hit that up too after Michael's and JoAnns Thinking about braving taking DD to an apple farm today! It's still definitely 80+ degrees, so I might be out of my mind
  • My two littles actually napped today so I napped too. Almost came back to bite me. Totally was almost late picking up my bigs from school.

@sleepy33 I love German food!! My H had a few jobs over there and made friends with a few locals who loaded him up with all sorts of recipes. So dang good! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • ANOTHER post closed. WTH they aren't bad
  • Ah sorry. Didn't mean to post 4 times 
  • Well, she DID violate the TOU and called the rules "stupid." 

ryan gosling lol GIF

• @sleepy33 We host an Octoberfest party every year. So much fun and we always have the best food! Hope you had fun tonight!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Had such a weird dream about giving birth. I asked the dr if the baby could make it out under my bone (DS couldn’t) and she said yes, the whole labor and delivery will take you two hours and two pushes. I don’t remember having the baby but then I was back to my normal life except people kept taking the baby from me, like to their houses, and because of that I couldn’t feed it. 

• edited October 2018
    Anyone have experience taking probiotics during pregnancy? I've been taking a strong one daily (90 billion live cultures) because I had an infection over the summer & after I stopped my last round of antibiotics I started taking this probiotic to help rebuild my GI system. I'm going to start tapering off and taking them every other day until I run out, then just stick to yogurt or might switch to a different one with like 25 billion instead of 90 lol, but I'm wondering if anyone else takes them/took them in a prior pregnancy and if there's any reason to stop or continue... my obgyn said she doesn't think it matters either way with affecting the pregnancy but just curious if any of you have opinions on it.
  • @vivereidescent Im taking Align.  Last year I got very sick and was on antibiotics for a whole month.  It messed up my gut real bad.  I've had to take Align since then including Benefiber. I did try getting off of it but that was a bad idea.  My OB has no problem with me being on it.  

• @vivereidescent my last pregnancy, I got a super bad yeast infection that I couldn't shake for months. Once of the suggestions from my midwives as a part of the treatment was to go on a probiotic. I can't remember if she suggested a specific number of cultures. You could always speak to a pharmacist when you pick up your next bottle.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @expandcontract I'm so sorry you had such an awful sickness and that going off of the probiotics didn't work out. That's my fear now, that if I stop completely I might be risking my health dealing with another round of c diff. I'll look into Align & compare with mine, the one I've been taking is made by Renew Life
  • @k2k2tog just saw your response too - thank you also for the reassurance! I buy mine off Amazon so it's not a prescription, but I do think it makes sense to ask someone in the field about the different numbers
  • @vivereidescent thank you.  So Align is the one that was developed by gastroenterologists and its the one most highly recommended by them. My gastro also recommended it.  It is more expensive but to me it is worth it.  

• @vivereidescent you can definitely just walk in to a drug store to talk to the pharmacist about it. Probiotics are over the counter here too, but I definitely remember getting the pharmacist to help me pick one out. I was so lost.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @expandcontract @k2k2tog thank you both so much!! I really appreciate your advice and sharing your experiences!!