May 2019 Moms

FFFC 9/28

13»

Re: FFFC 9/28

• @k2k2tog LOL that's real passive aggressive! I love it!
    @expandcontract he is definitely not expecting me to do anything. Normally, I might do a little, but he knows I'm annoyed. He just better be home on decent time tomorrow morning.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Hugs @psychobutthead. I think I would feel the same way as you if I was in your situation. ❤️
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • To add to the homeschool comments, we are actually pulling our kids from public school and homeschooling beginning next week. We did it for about 5 months last year when we were traveling the country and I just miss it. 

I also have a bed/sharing confession: my 3yo and 17mo are still bedsharing with DH and I 😱
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• nopegoat said:
    Hugs @psychobutthead. I think I would feel the same way as you if I was in your situation. ❤️
    Dh grandmother struck a nerve with me today.  She went on and on about how great his cousins house is and how well decorated it is.  She then went on to tell me what she thought of me the first year I was with DH.  Today marks 5 years of marriage and this March 8 years together. She decides today is the day to do this. 

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I also have a bed/sharing confession: my 3yo and 17mo are still bedsharing with DH and I 😱
    This is the kind of thing that, before kids, I swore I would never do. Now? If we had a big enough bed and if DH didn't find it so annoying, I would probably still have both kids in my bed too. He's gone tonight, and I'm seriously thinking about letting DD1 start in my bed and DD2 will definitely be there after her MOTN wake up. 

• @psychobutthead eff her. She sounds like a rude pain in the rear. If you and H are happy with your house that's all that matters. I hate the keeping up with the Jones crap. 

We have lots of family that don't agree with our lifestyle at all. The way I see it, if they aren't paying my bills they have zero say in my life. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I just had a quick question for you. Can you tell me what ETA is in this context? I know it as "estimated time of arrival" and the internet didn't shed any light for me! 😁 I keep seeing people use it.
  • nopegoat said:
    @psychobutthead eff her. She sounds like a rude pain in the rear. If you and H are happy with your house that's all that matters. I hate the keeping up with the Jones crap. 

We have lots of family that don't agree with our lifestyle at all. The way I see it, if they aren't paying my bills they have zero say in my life. 
    exactly! We haven't had rich mommy and daddy's to help pay our down payment or any of our bills. My husbands cousins parents paid the down payment on his home and bought his truck and make the truck payments for him. If I had that kind of help I may feel more inclined to spruce the place up. 

• @youknowmenaomi.  Edited to Add
    Sometimes people try to back out of comments that people don't agree with.  Adding the eta lets us know you were editing an error rather than doing a dirty delete (DD).
  • @psychobutthead seriously,  screw everyone else.  It's exactly like you said,  they're not paying your bills.  If it's bothering her that much, she can buy you stuff that YOU pick to decorate your place..

• @psychobutthead Hugs to you. Also, your husband’s family sounds like a bunch of a-holes. You do you. They don’t have to like it. 
  • @msb615 sounds like the night I had!  Feel asleep on the couch waiting for my husband to come home from work, woke up starving, ate a bunch of leftover mac and cheese then fell asleep again.  Such a lazy day.
  • @kvh22 @mcewen3 I shouldn’t say I get zero help. He is being a rockstar and mowing the lawn and cooking dinner but when I asked him to run to the store and get me chocolate because he ate it all, the response I got was, “You have a driver’s license.” Oh, yeah! That one didn’t go over so well! I didn’t get my chocolate, but he knows not to respond like that. And with having the stomach flu this week, we was pretty awesome. I get pretty tired after just walking up or down the stairs to the kitchen to get more water or a snack or something and he’s been running me things from the kitchen frequently throughout the day. He’s never been around pregnancy, though. His brother doesn’t have kids yet and he wasn’t around yet when my sister had her kids. He’s essentially a pregnancy virgin. No clue what to expect. He’s trying his best!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • OK confession

I know its a day late but still. I am terrified at the idea of natural birth and I have already had 2 children.

• edited September 2018

Every time I start to feel guilty about not attempting natural childbirth, I think about my best friend's reaction after she had her second kiddo. She went natural with #1, and had an epidural with #2 and said it was a world of difference. She laughed and said "Natural childbirth? Who wants to do that!?"
    kids with flags
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited September 2018
    I had an epi with #1, an epi just for pushing with #2 (started crowning as soon as I scooted back on the bed), and no meds for #3 and 4. I tried for an epi with #3 but he was born as the OB and anesthesiologist was walking in. No time whatsoever with #4. 

If I had longer labors I'd totally be all about the meds. That crap hurts lol. 

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I’ve never been opposed to epidurals, but haven’t ever had one either.  My confession is that while I was totally open to an epi with my first I am now somewhat terrified of them.  I feel like I’ve learnt my body quite well during my past two labours and I know what I need to do to effectively get a baby out.  And pretty much all of it involves me moving around a lot.  I can’t stand being in a bed even for a few moments and ended up squatting during the pushing phase with DD2 because the thought of lying in a bed was more than I could handle.  I’m so scared an epidural would inhibit my ability to do what I needed to continue moving my labour the way it was supposed to and that I’d end up with some kind of intervention that was otherwise unnecessary.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

•  Every time I start to feel guilty about not attempting natural childbirth, I think about my best friend's reaction after she had her second kiddo. She went natural with #1, and had an epidural with #2 and said it was a world of difference. She laughed and said "Natural childbirth? Who wants to do that!?"
    You should definitely NOT feel pressure to go medication-free, but I actually had the opposite experience. With my first, the epidural slowed my labour right down so I needed a bit of pitocin and it took 18 loooong, uncomfortable hours. I hated it so much, I went polar opposite with my second, had a home birth with midwives attending. It took 4 hours and was painful, but I could tell what my body needed to do way more. I had a bunch of complications post birth that were somewhat traumatic, but even with them, I am happier about my second labour and delivery than my first. Every woman responds differently to every birth!

• DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe

• @DuchessOfCambridge Preach.  Women are amazing!  

And my confession certainly is not meant to judge or dissuade anyone from going that route if desired or needed.  I didn’t have the opportunity to get an epi with my first, I asked (several hours before delivery) but it wasn’t an option.  Then just based on my own experience with my own body, the things I needed to do to finish the job I don’t think would be possible with an epi.  I have no way of knowing how my body would react to the epi but I do know how to react without it which is the main reason I’m afraid to try.  
  • I was induced with all three of mine.  I would love to experience labor without pitocin and constant monitoring.
    With my first I had an ITN (kind of like and epidural shot that made me itch and only lasted about an hour per shot).
    With my second I had no pain medicine, but by the time I wanted it, it went really fast (4 cm to baby in an hour).  It was my easiest recovery by far.
    With my third I got the epidural, but I opted to have it too early (because by the time I felt I needed it it was too late the last time).  It was a chill day hanging out in bed, but I took forever to progress and it was my hardest recovery and I had a headache for a week.  
    I honestly don't know what I will do this time, but that headache is seriously making me consider doing without the epidural again.  However, no one can make that decision for you and laboring without doesn't make you any more of a hero than the next person.  
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I remember things most clearly with my second.  But with her I didn’t find transition painful.  It was just pressure.  Like INSANE pressure.  With DD1 I started pushing at 10 cm but the Dr noticed I had a bit of a lip in my cervix.  I pushed for nearly 2 hrs, and needed suction to help her out.  With DD2 Dr noticed the lip again and this time asked me to hold off pushing as long as I could even though I was at 10 Cm to see if it would recede.  I just rocked in the shower as long as I could.  It was the strangest feeling, trying to hold back the pressure and the push.  When I couldn’t wait any longer, I tried to get into the bed.  No way no how.  DH hoisted me up and I squatted with the birthing bar to push.  2 pushes.  Obviously priority #1 is a healthy baby and mama, so when the time comes I’ll do whatever is necessary to keep us both safe.  But I hope to have a similar experience to DD2.  I felt much more empowered after her birth (like I just listened to my own body, very much ignored what others were telling me to do because I knew in my core it wasn’t right) vs DD1 where as a FTM I let the nurses guide me and the Dr tell me when and what to do.  I also healed way faster with DD2 and was nowhere near as exhausted after labour, even though it wasn’t all that much shorter 🤷‍♀️
  • Y'all are tough. As soon as my contractions pain started to get near my menstrual cramps pain (which is actually really horrible and I didn't realize HOW horrible my cramps were until I went through labor because it's near equivalent) I asked for the epidural. I think I was 8 cm by that point. But man, that relief... whew. It baffles me how anyone could refuse it. It's like getting a root canal without laughing gas and Novocaine.
  • @fatmonica Same! Two inductions, so I don't know what it even feels like to go into labor naturally. I really really want to experience that this time.

I wanted to go med free for both deliveries of my girls, but neither ended up that way. With my first, I gave in to an epidural because the induction process was too painful. It was a 40 hour labor, I had the epidural for 20 hours and the recovery was *brutal* (plus I developed an infection that passed to her and she spent 10 days in the NICU). With the second, I was in active pitocin labor without an epidural for 5 hours but they couldn't keep her heart rate on the monitor the way I was positioned to handle contractions, plus I only progressed half a centimeter in that time. My options were get the epidural or risk wearing myself out and not having strength to push. Within 90 minutes of the epidural being placed I went from a 4.5 to a 10, midwife had to tell me NOT to push while she got in position to catch, one contraction and two pushes and DD2 was there. I was hoping to avoid lengthy pushing and more tearing by declining the epidural, but I avoided both of those things by actually getting it the second time around. So if I could just go into labor on my own, I'll just play it by ear this time around on the epidural because I had a bad experience and a great experience.
  • @mrskoz428 just to clarify, I wasn't trying to dis your husband :) I just really find the first trimester the hardest and didn't need much help in the third trimester. DH and I didn't know how my pregnancy was going to go and had never been pregnant before (obviously) last time, too. Our division of labor is pretty established and he really had to step in on many of my usually duties and I didn't take much off of his plate. I was never one of those "run out and grab me (x) from the store" pregnant ladies as I didn't really crave anything specifically. Just wanted you to know that if you have bad morning sickness, ask for the help now as you might not need nearly as much later. Hope that helps!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 oh, I didn’t think you were! ☺️ We are both learning what pregnancy means for us as a couple. I was just bitter because he ate the chocolate I bought for me. 😂 He’s been a rockstar learning with me.