February 2019 Moms

Mental Health 9.24-9.31

2»

Re: Mental Health 9.24-9.31

• Yeah I'm in education ... we're all pretty liberal. But enough of our parents are super conservative (private school) that we're kind of stealing whispers in the hall when we talk about it.
  • I’ve been having hardcore trauma flashbacks yesterday and today. I had to teach Cane in one of my classes yesterday, a book that has lots of assault references in it, and two of my students were on the verge of tears in class. I was working so hard not to show them that I was right there with them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessier19 ugh it's so hard having to keep it together for your students. And whenever politics are shit (which is basically always these days) I wonder how to balance not getting political in class with assuring students their feelings are legitimate...
  • @jessier19 - I am so sorry. I'm not even sure how this is real life anymore.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Hopefully, someday it won't be, @kayjay44.  Time's up on this shiz for sure.

Man those poor kids in your class @jessier19.  You know some of them have some serious trauma in their closets.  Horrible.  They are lucky to have you.