May 2019 Moms

Fit Friday for 9/28

MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
edited September 2018 in May 2019 Moms
Yay! TGIF!!

1. What did you do this week to keep moving?
  2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 
  3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising?

If anyone is interested, I just found this online yesterday:  Fit Pregnancy 2-week Challenge! (https://www.fitpregnancyworkouts.com/pregnancy-workout-challenge)
It’s an annoying website because she’s trying to get you to buy things, but if you can handle scrolling, there are 10 days worth of exercises that may be of interest to you. I finished Day 1 yesterday and then did 20-min on the elliptical and I’m feeling it today. Check it out! We could start a hallenege group together on here if any of you all were interested even!

*edited to fix the GIF*

Re: Fit Friday for 9/28

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? I was working long days this week so I ended up walking on my lunches.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Next week I want to hit the gym at least 3 times
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? My legs because they're the strongest body part. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Nothing. H was out of town all week for work and I have been so worn out by the time I tuck the kids into bed that I haven’t been able to muster the energy to even do a little yoga. 😕 trying really hard not to feel badly about it. 
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I’m hoping the weather will be nice enough that we can go hiking this weekend. Also want to run twice and do some hand weights during the week.
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you are most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? Most thankful for healthy knees - I’ve had trouble with runner’s knee in the past but they’ve been doing great and I really love being able to run again. 
    4. I can’t get rid of the number formatting but I would be interested in a fitness challenge.  
  • Loading the player...
  • siouxieq87siouxieq87 member
    edited September 2018

Ive more or less kept up with my pre-pregnancy workout routine, which is a regular rotation of Jillian Michaels workout videos I bought in On Demand (30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack, and Yoga Melt) I guess I’ll just keep doing it til I can’t anymore! I like her videos though, because most have different levels, so I can always go back a level or two as things progress. I try to workout 5 days a week, but I’ll admit it’s been more like 2-3x/week since the first trimester fatigue set in😩.

2. What are your hopes for the weekend/week ahead for exercise?

Hoping to get my workouts in today and tomorrow so I can enjoy my “rest day” on Sunday guilt-free. Also the weather is supposed to be beautiful in my area this weekend, so I may try to convince the kids to go on a hike with me!

3. What body part are you most thankful/grateful for when exercising?

Not my abs anymore! Lol, I was kind of starting to get some ab definition from doing the 6 week 6 pack video, but yeah, this is baby #4, I had a bump before my pee was dry on the hpt🙄. Sooo idk, I guess I have to be grateful for my spine.... I hurt my back badly on the job as a police officer, which ended my career AND my weightlifting/running hobbies... I’ve had surgery, and even though I will never be able to do what I used to fitness-wise, I’m so grateful to be able to be active and work out regularly.

And YES, I would totally do a fitness challenge, I need all the motivation I can get:) Thanks for posting, great topic!
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Walked around San Francisco while family was visiting Saturday, ran Sunday and Monday, one barre class, yoga and pilates workout videos. Also took DD on a walk (to the drug store lol) yesterday. Hoping to get in a run at lunch.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? Pretty similar to above. I totally fell off the workout wagon during weeks 6-14 when I felt like crap last pregnancy.
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? I love working my core but also feel that it's a byproduct of so many other areas being worked, too. I've never been a 6-pack abs person but my middle is definitely where I gain weight if I stop working out for too long so it's also my best indication that I'm still doing good with a healthy diet and exercise...or the first thing to show that I'm not.
    I would potentially be into a challenge. I'm finding a lot of prenatal videos, even those specifically for first trimester, are really slow and almost *too* low impact. I feel like I had the same issue last time in second and third tri so I focused a lot on running but I really can't figure out what, if anything, we have to modify in the first trimester. My barre studio said no twisting or splits. Lots more modifications to come once I get bigger, of course. I'm planning to ask my OB at my appointment next Friday. I didn't really work out too much in the first tri last time so trying to do better and feeling a bit lost. I have the Sweat app but a lot of the moves involve twists and I just don't know if I should.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited September 2018
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Two CrossFit workouts and two cardio workouts. I'll hopefully get to the gym tonight or tomorrow, but we have family coming in so we'll see
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I'm going to get a full five days in, probably some modified at the gym since I can't get to my CrossFit box more than once next week, boo! 
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? My legs are my strongest asset, that's where my strength lies. But since I pulled my hamstring this past spring it hasn't been *quite* the same, but some of my workout buds I have still been jealous of my flexibility despite my range of motion being limited. I also love my back.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving? Basically nothing. DS is teething and has swimmers ear, so I only made it to the gym once this week. 
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I’m hoping to get back to my routine on Monday and make it to the gym 5 days next week. 
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? My arms. Arm day is my favorite because I feel like I can actually lift some sort of substantial weights.
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving?  Biked to/from work every day, ~40 minutes of (easy) biking a day
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise?  Yoga, maybe.  Or I want to try pilates because it says it gets you to work your pelvic floor muscles - I'm worried about those!
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising?  My legs, I guess, since I only ever bike anymore, but I want to get my arms back in shape.  My abs are normally awesome/flat (I hold my weight in my butt/thigs) which scares me - I'm going to lose the fittest part of myself, and I may never get it back!
  • I can actually say I did something this week! I did so well at working out over the summer, and then, back to work, I completely fell off the routine.

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? DH and I took the girls to the Y on Thursday night! It was a bit of a late evening for them, but worth it, I think.
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? We are hoping to keep consistent with getting to the Y on Thursdays nights. I think even just one evening a week will be so beneficial. DH wants to get himself there one morning of the week as well - I'm not going to even attempt that.
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? My legs. I actually really love squats and deadlifts and, at the end of the summer, I was really starting to see results. I still think they look great, but I do miss working them out regularly.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• I just came here to say  

baby eye GIF

:D:p Ok bye. 

1. What did you do this week to keep moving? 2 workouts: a 35 min Bodyfit by Amy youtube workout (hiit cardio) and a 3 mile run with my dog 
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 2 or (hopefully) 3 workouts
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? I've never really thought of this before but I guess my legs because they allow me to run & do so much
  • MaggieG183MaggieG183 member
    edited September 2018
    1. What did you do this week to keep moving?  We had a full week at school. I ran the pacer test with my kiddos on Tuesday and then Thursday I got 15,000 steps in when we went on our Zipline field trip. I also worked out Wednesday and Friday evenings with the fit challenge but added in more cardio to everything as it wasn’t quite enough to make me feel like I did anything. But I did enjoy the workouts for the movements - squats are good for pelvic floor and there were a few of those!
    2. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? I’m going to the gym in about 10 minutes (after I finish my smoothie) and then I’ll hit my Body Pump class tomorrow morning. I’m also hoping to take advantage of the in-laws and get to the gym a couple more times this week in the evening. I’m also going to be running 4 miles in gym classes and hoping to play some fun soccer matches on the days we aren’t running.
    3. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? I’m thankful for my monsterous thighs. I hated them going up; my nickname was Thunder. But I got over it quickly when I realized I could out squat most guys at the gym and I can really hold my own on long backpacking trips during the summer and skiing in the winter.
    Not my best week, (I’m so tired and ds2 refuses to sleep before 9) but I did manage a couple of 2 mild walks with the dog and i walked laps around the arena during ds1’s hockey practice yesterday and today. 
    1. What are your hopes for this weekend/week ahead for exercise? 
    We have more hockey practice tomorrow so I plan to do more laps. I really want to up the intensity of working out though so my goal for next week is 5 days of moderate exercise. 
    1. GTKY - what’s the body part you as most thankful for/most proud of when exercising? 
    I have strong ab muscles. No 6 pack but I have always had a strong core.

i would definitely be interested in a fitness challenge. Need to up the motivation