BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/24

• Options
    Oh my goodness!! This meme of Joey is PERFECT for me today. I didn't want to get out of bed, took my time getting ready, and my brain STILL isn't firing on all cylinders (I've been at work for almost 3 hours). I just finished running my weekly team meeting and it was such a struggle!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    the storage bin with all the old baby bottles and my old pump plus parts has legit vanished. i saw it three months ago when i started organizing the nursery, but tried to get it out yesterday to go through the pumping parts again and i couldn’t find it anywhere.  :s
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @highsteaks Oh no! I hope you find it! Do you have another pump, or just the one? I'd send in the hubby to locate it. Usually once I've lost something, I'm so upset that I wouldn't notice it even if it was right in front of me. My husband always manages to find the lost stuff....
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Back from our Disney trip and the Disney depression is real. Feeling out of it, anxious, sad, unmotivated. Our trip was wonderful, and the transition back to reality always hits me hard when we get home, but especially this time I think because of all the impending changes coming up in the next few weeks. Having a hard time feeling excited about all of it. I’m not feeling ready for another baby yet. Emotionally or physically. Ugh. Sorry for the downer post, just need to vent a bit. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots *hugs* so glad your trip went well. I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I always have a hard time getting back into a schedule after multiple days off. Never apologize for needing to vent :)

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    I had such an awful nightmare last night. I dreamed that I gave birth to baby girl, and then about 30 minutes afterwards they put her in the room with me, locked the door, and said "you have to prove you can care for a newborn alone for the next 48 hours". I ended up falling asleep while breastfeeding and then woke up and couldn't find her! It was awful.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lots of nausea and Braxton Hicks tonight. Chugging water and lying on my side. I hope I Fall asleep soon and wake up feeling better. 
  • Options
    I'm starting to realize that I'm more scared about this baby than I was about my twins.  With them, I was a FTM, but I only had to care for them... Now I'm going to have a newborn and two toddlers who can get into everything.

There will be no relaxing in this house anymore. :fearful:

Also, I've got basically nothing done.  We have everything we need, but none of it's really set up (aside from what's already in place for the twins).  We still need to set up the crib, wash clothes, set up the formula machine and the new mamaRoo and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff.

I feel so unprepared.  I keep telling myself I'm running out of time and then I keep answering myself with "but you've got X weeks left" as if that's a guarantee or even a reason not to get my ass in gear.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    We are battling a pantry moth infestation at our house. My mother gave us a big bag of birdseed, which we discovered 2 weeks later was infested with moths. As soon as we discovered it we threw out the bag, wiped everything down with vinegar water, and threw out any open boxes of food. Alas it was too late. Last night alone we killed 8 moths. Definitely not something I enjoy dealing with while 8 months pregnant. We bought sticky traps, peppermint oil, and bay leaves too. Anything else anyone has tried and found effective?
  • Options
    I'm basically in the same place as you @MojieJo.  Last night I was like hm, I should prob start throwing stuff into a bag for the hospital, just in case.  The nursery?  What nursery, I still have time lol.  I just washed a bunch of clothes that I got from Facebook marketplace for DD so next is washing a bunch of hand-me-downs for the baby.  Just need DH to move the crib and dresser we got from a friend, from the garage into the baby's room so I can start organizing crap.  In all reality though, the baby is going to be in our room for awhile anyway.

Has there been any thought/discussion to a FB group?  Once the baby is here (or even before) I would prefer to move over to FB.  I think I was already in a FB group at this point with DD.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @lostarz14 Yes, there have been a few discussions about FB and many of us are open to it...we just need a few people to volunteer to set up the group and as admins to screen/get people added. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Here’s a random question. My husband is a bit of a pack rat. We moved a year ago, and he still has lots of his boxes he needs to go through. Not only have these boxes been untouched since we moved to our new home, many of them came from his storage unit that he got when he sold his condo and moved into mine (which was much smaller), so some things have not been looked at for YEARS.

He has a hard time letting go of things. Like stupid little knick nacks and clothing that is 20+ years old. Do I slowly without telling him just take it upon myself to donate/pitch things. Between work and full time school, and a new baby, I just don’t ever see him getting around to purging in the near future. I almost feel like I’m doing him a favor, and I’m pretty sure will be unaware that all of a sudden that tiny little souvenir magnet he bought in Greece 20 years ago is missing. Or do you think getting rid of his stuff without his knowledge is crossing the line! 
  • Options
    @babyboyh92016 I’m team throw it away!
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I so feel you on the packrat hubby. Mine is the same exact way. And any time I get him to go through a box or go through any clothes it turns into a stroll down memory lane where he just looks at the things over getting rid of useless stuff. Then things usually end up more of a mess because everything comes out of the box and is sprawled all over the floor. 
    I think it’d be fine to get rid of things you are 100% certain he wouldn’t miss like clothes that don’t fit or are torn/stained, random knick knacks that he doesn’t even remember having, etc. Items with more potential sentimental value are tougher.. I personally wouldn’t want to get rid of those based on my own judgement of what he might or might not value.
    Unfortunately my hubby has a ridiculous memory and would notice if I ever got rid of literally anything  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 That's a tough one because I'm the pack rat in my house. I almost died when my husband was throwing away some of HIS souvenirs ("Are you sure you don't want to keep that?" "Why are you throwing that out?!"). Never mind my own "memory boxes" lol. 
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I understand where you’re coming from. I am a purger and DH is a pack rat. His mom is the same way. She literally showed up to our house with boxes of DHs clothes from middle school and I was like seriously? If it were us I would give him a deadline - like you have until this Sunday to clear it out or I will. DH usually responds to that. If you really don’t think he will do it or if that would be more stressful I’d just go for it. Like you said it’s been years, obviously he’s probably unaware of what’s even in the boxes

• Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I am the packrat in our house. I personally would be mad at DH if he threw my things away. My DH is a neat freak and used to say stuff about throwing out junk and I would often put it off, but once we were getting ready for baby and had to clean out our spare bedroom and office for the nursery, I was much more willing to trash a bunch of stuff. I agree that you should give him a deadline and maybe once he realizes why he needs to do it he will come around.

re: merge to FB.. I am willing to help/admin in any way.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @pink_polkadots I totally get the real life letdown after a vacation. I always feel that way. And I don’t feel ready for a baby either. This pregnancy has been so much harder than my last So in one sense I’m ready to be done being pregnant but in another sense I’m terrified of having another baby around here and the fear of not being emotionally or physically ready only seems to get worse as I get closer to my due date. DD was 9 days late and I’m almost hoping this one is late too bc I’m so freaked out about it. It’s the weirdest thing.
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016  DH has some pack rat tendencies, but I've been working on it since we moved in together 3.5 years ago. His mom is a straight up hoarder - to the point where our kids will NEVER step foot in her house because it's unhygienic and dangerous for them - and I want to be sure our house never gets like that! Luckily neither of us is super sentimental, so we don't have a hard time getting rid of things we don't need. I finally got him to stop buying sports memorabilia and the special limited edition versions of video games (that come with ridiculous figurines/statues). 

That being said, I'd be upset if he got rid of something of mine without telling me. It's probably something you should talk about and maybe a deadline would help. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. Deadlines have come and gone (I tried when we first moved), and unfortunately he has so much on his plate right now, that even I realize it’s not a good time to try and make him do this now or even in a few months. But the urge to nest is so strong!!! 

I think I’ll gather everything I think is junk and has no place in the house and give him a few days to go through it and find a place for anything he wants to save. If you are not using it/enjoying it, what’s the point??? A box or two of keepsakes is reasonable, but not 10!! I won’t pitch anything without his knowledge, but if he sees me organizing and separating and creating donate/throw out piles, I think he would be responsive to that. His pack rat-ness is partly due to being sentimental, and partly due because he doesn’t want to go through the massive amounts of stuff he has collected through the years. It’s overwhelming! If I help him a little, I think we can easily, without fights, get rid of a good amount of stuff. I’ll even be happy if we can eliminate 50%.
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I tend to be the "packrat" in my family. I like knick knacks lol. When we rearranged our living room a few months ago MH gave me a specific shelf/area I could put them and that's all that is on that shelf instead of just randomly finding an opening all over the place and leading to a ton of clutter and I very willingly cut it down to the ones I really liked. Just another idea. But agreed I would have been ticked if MH got rid of things without telling me (and vice versa). 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 If a deadline didn't work then maybe a set amount of space like one box or two shelves would be a good motivator.

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts and @lifesabeach85 Space is definitely a good idea! We moved into a very spacious home because we knew we wanted a few kids. In the end, I don’t actually care about what he keeps or not. I just don’t want feel like his stuff is taking over our home. The point of this house was that we wanted room to grow. Just because we have empty rooms/space in the house. It doesn’t mean we should just fill them with whatever. We will need that space one day. 
  • Options
    FWIW my husband is the pack rat and gets super anxious when I try to declutter. I’ve resorted to pretty boxes and shelves and a storage unit lol. I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of his stuff without him knowing...I feel like it would just make his anxiety worse.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @wannaflickone Congrats on the housing situation working out! Great timing too! 

@BabyBoyH92016 I think I'm one for just waiting for him to go through it all. Honestly I would be so upset if my husband went through my keepsakes and tried to decide what to pitch or keep... or even just messed with the organization of it all. My hubby would happily throw out so many things that he had no idea means something to me and why. But I also don't think it's fair that you should have to go through it all even if he is okay with it...I would just talk to him and let him know how much the clutter bothers you
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Congrats @wannaflickone! That's so exciting! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @wannaflickone congrats! I’m glad it’s all working out for you! Hopefully you are able to get in and settled enough before baby makes their grand entrance! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sad and depressing random, *TRIGGER WARNING* Just had our newborn class and they talked at length about how easy it is to forget a baby in a car- I can't stop thinking about this and am SO scared I may do this accidentally! One of the many fears of a FTM (or an anxious one at that)
  • Options
    @eahayes leave something in the back by the baby...always. Something you can’t leave the car without. Your car keys, purse, cell phone etc. That way you have a reason to look in the back.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    lifesabeach85lifesabeach85 member
    edited September 2018
    @eahayes I read an article about how it has become way more common for children to accidentally be left since rear facing became a thing and it really scared me! 

I got a backseat mirror when dd was a newborn, it straps on to the headrest so I can see baby in my rear view. I know a lot of people don’t want any extra gear in the backseat but it really gave me peace of mind. 

Idk if this is the one I have but same idea 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dreambaby-Backseat-Mirror/55193838

edited because pregnancy has stolen my ability to spell 

• Options
    @eahayes someone recommended taking off your shoes and throwing them in the backseat - that way you won’t forget baby. Or cell phone, purse, etc., something you won’t leave the car without like PP said. 
  • Options
    So apparently my DH wanted to feel what labor was like before I go through it again. We are currently in the ER with what we thought was a kidney stone but now they aren't sure. Looks like a long night for us!
  • Options
    eahayes said:
    Sad and depressing random, *TRIGGER WARNING* Just had our newborn class and they talked at length about how easy it is to forget a baby in a car- I can't stop thinking about this and am SO scared I may do this accidentally! One of the many fears of a FTM (or an anxious one at that)
    I am terrified of this. Both my kids can get themselves in and out of their car seats so I’m not used to having to go into the back. When my daughter was a newborn, I would leave my purse or something necessary back there. My son wailed the entire time we were in the car when he was a baby so I didn’t have to worry about forgetting him 
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years - Oh no! I hope they can figure out what it is and that your DH is more comfortable soon.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green