November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/24

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/24

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom totally! In the class they said the police say to always put one of your shoes in the back, you may walk out without your purse but will never leave without your shoe!
  • Options
    There is about 20ish minutes left of my work day and I am so ready for today to be done. I just want to go cuddle on my couch with my pup. It's been a stressful two weeks at my house and I am ready for it to all be over tomorrow. My parents are away overseas, so we have been watching their dog. She is an older dog, and super low maintenance. The first night she peed in our house, without even attempting to get up. The next day she fell (she has bad hips) so we started giving her her pain meds. Well DH misunderstood the different between her vitamins and pain meds, so we accidently gave her too many pain pills in 24 hours. The poor thing just wants to go home and I don't blame her. Tessie also wants her to leave so she gets DH and my full attention back. The poor things are just so tired and done. My parents thankfully come home tomorrow night, so things will go back to normal but I can't wait because I just feel so bad. Tonight I think I will give the pups all the snuggles. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @eahayes I'm the opposite. I feel like I'm going to leave them somewhere. I always triple check. And then sometimes I'll ask my 4 year old if my 2 year old is in there or what she is doing. Finally I became so paranoid I got a mirror which helped immensely! I highly recommend one.

My car comes with this nice feature that dings when you get out of the car and reminds you to check the backseat
  • Options
    Sorry, long rant. Dh's command has been totally ridiculous in getting his leave request approved so he can try to be here for baby's birth. This has been going on for 2 months and I have come to the point of not even looking at my phone during the day and dreading seeing emails from dh due to seeing another change. First he was told to put in for whatever dates and they'd get him flown off. My due date is 11/2, he requested the 28 days he wants to take starting 10/20. Went up the chain for a few days, came back telling us to resubmit for leave starting my due date. Did that. Went up the chain for a few days, came back telling us to change it back to 10/20. Went up the chain a couple days, came back telling us to decide between leave starting 10/16 or a few days after my due date due to ship's movement schedules. We "talked" back and forth for two days through email on which one to go with, finally decided on 10/16 and he submitted that request. They came back 2 weeks later telling us we had to resubmit for 10/30. Two days later, told us to go back to 10/16. This whole time I'm having a panic attack because I have to have dates to get him a ticket and prices are going up while the good times are going away, I'm getting bigger and bigger and managing the toddler and dogs and our entire house by myself is getting more and more impossible and we are STILL going back and forth on dates. My husband has gotten the chaplain, his co and xo involved in the last 2 days and we are hoping they can get us some damn leave dates. 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 - aww poor dog. I'm glad your parents will be back soon so you get a little break. That was so nice of you to watch her. 
    @wamam027 - how frustrating! I hope you guys get things solidified asap! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 thank you! Super super frustrating and I hope so too!
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years  @tessiesmom26  @wamam027 hugs. sad to see that you all are having a rough night.
  • Options
    @wamam027 ugh that’s awful! Hope you get it figured out soon 

• Options
    @wamam027 that seems so unfair to keep y’all in limbo, especially when you are left to make the travel arrangements. I hope you have a final answer ASAP!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bkosy I wish mine had that reminder! I do have a mirror which will be helpful -- I hope I'm like you and hyper vigilant/aware :)
  • Options
    @wamam027 I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that! My brother was in the army when his sons were born and dealt with similar bs. It makes me so mad! You’d think they could be more helpful considering the sacrifices your family is making to serve our country! 
  • Options
    @iheartbooks thank you! They seem to be so organized with everything except granting people leave. Thanks to your brother and family too for his service and their and your sacrifice. 
  • Options
    @wamam027 my husband was in the same boat! He finally just got his approved. Luckily it didn’t take us as long as your process is but he’s also like the 4th guy who is in this same situation. He’s the 2nd one coming home though. 

I hope they get everything straightened out soon! Ticket prices are not a joke!