May 2019 Moms

STM+ Check In Week of 9/25

2»

Re: STM+ Check In Week of 9/25

• @wishiwaspreggo there are two twin moms in my Nov17 group and one of them was able to breastfeed. I’m always floored by her. I think she is so amazing. (The other twin mom is amazing too, she has four kids!!) She tandem nursed and is still going, they just turned one! I’m truly in awe. I had enough trouble breastfeeding one baby. Next time it’d be nice to make it to one just to not buy formula but it was so much better for my sanity to be done. 

• No, he doesn't take any meds for it. He says the chemicals are worse and side effects too. He won't see a therapist either.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited September 2018
    Remind you of anyone? 

• @DuchessOfCambridge saline drops and a suction ball work wonders as well. I usually do then at every diaper change when the boys are sick.

@kvh22 we always said we want another but aren’t in any rush. 

@youknowmenaomi fingers crossed! 

@wishiwaspreggo ds1 had a pack until 3.5 he was a terrible sleeper and I wasn’t going to do anything that worsened what little sleep we were already getting. FWIW soon after he gave it up his teeth shifted right back to where they should be. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 
    2 boys, 5 and 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Good. Ds1 is playing soccer and LOVES it, he also starts hockey in a week so live is about to get very busy. 
    Ds2 is in a rough phase. He is just so naughty. Knocking things over hitting his brother. Tonight when I didn’t get him it of the car first he calle me “poopie face” two year olds are fun! Lol

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions dh is in his busy season right now (works 7 days/week, 14-16 jour days, plus travel until Mid nov) and I am struggling trying to keep up with two active boys, work full time, and manage the house when I feel exhausted and nauseous most of the time. I have 4 loads of laundry clean but not folded and 2 more to be done.... I can’t keep up!

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself?
    ds1 is so curious. He loves science and watches documentaries about space and animals just like I did at his age. 
    Ds2 my mom says he is just like me. Adventurous, mischievous and without fear. You cannot take your eyes off him for a second because he is always into everything! His new talent is jumping off of anything he can climb on. 
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages?  Two boys, ages 6 and 4.

The kids are good this week, but currently my four year old is fighting bedtime. I'm so tired, I just want him to go the bleep to sleep.  Sigh. The boys are both in school full time and adjusting well, they come home exhausted at 3pm. We had been forwarned that the first semester could be rough so we didn't sign up for extra curricular activities.  I'm finally thinking we could add soccer or capoeira. We've been spending a bit too much time at the house and they are both so high energy they are literally bouncing off the walls.

I've had a cold this past week and it's been awful. I was at a client site and had to work. It went okay, but being sick in front of strangers is gross. 

I feel guilty because we are both really hoping for a girl this time.... Of course we want a healthy baby, but I know if it's a boy a part of me will be really sad to never raise a daughter. 🙄

Feeling the usual symptoms but nothing has floored me yet, I'll take it as long as it lasts.

I bought decaf chai to make lattes and it's so good.  (It's the little things, haha!)

My oldest is my mini me. Serious but silly and very emphatic.  He also rarely sit still, which is the same here (although it's chores that keep me active). 
    My youngest is chatty and a great story teller. His stories often have a dragon and Batman in them.
  • @Stormiewinter you are my hero! You have A LOT on your plate and without help. Just focus on survival. F the laundry LOL

@wishiwaspreggo solidarity. I don't remember feeling this bad this early with my first. Maybe we are both having twins - lol.  :D:D:cold_sweat:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jazibel I bought the tazo decaf chai latte mix but haven't had the stomach to actually have one yet. I used to love it!

@Stormiewinter I agree with @bluesky24 - it's only 6 more weeks to mid-November. Survival mode!! If you have 4 clean loads of laundry, the other 2 can wait!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @stormiewinter - That's a relief to know your son's teeth went back to their normal place! I'm so worried we screwed up our son's mouth. When he smiles his bite is definitely off and we can see it. There's a gap between his front and bottom teeth. We're off the paci for good now so hopefully that'll resolve it. But the poor kid is probably going to need braces when he's older, paci or no. I didn't take a paci and I had severely crowded teeth, a very narrow upper palate, and an under-bite. 3 people in my extended family have needed headgear, and I needed surgery to correct my palate and bite. It's bad times. Plus I have my father's extremely cavity-prone spongy teeth. All my back molars are silver from the cavities I've had to have filled over time.

@bluesky24 - say it ain't so!!! :D
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages? 
    One boy 6!

He is doing great, loving grade one 😊

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 
    Have our first US tomorrow 9/28 and I am super nervous! We had a MC 3 years ago and are just pregnant again now. Hope everything goes well!

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself?
    DS is so stubborn, sarcastic but also quiet, just like his momma. 
  • @Stormiewinter i keep thinking your name is Stormy Daniels. 

• @wishiwaspreggo we just finally got our 3 year old off her paci too.  My eldest never took a paci so I was not prepared for the level of attachment Nora had to hers.  We had tried a few times before but always ended up caving.  This time she decided on her own to give it up.  We have recently been going through and purging toys and clothes, donating and I've had a big tub accumulating for the 1.5 year old daughter of a friend of ours.  So Nora was picking toys she no longer played with to give to this little girl and out of the blue she said she was going to give Bella her suckies because she's a big girl now.  I just ran with it.  So far its gone well, except that she wakes up every damn morning at 4:30 and doesn't know how to get herself back to sleep.  Hoping that resolves itself right quick because I am exhausted.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Not sure how I always miss this. Getting a bit annoyed at all the one-off posts that are cluttering things up. 🙄 either way...

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One sweet, little boy who is almost 2. 

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s doing great outside of teething. His eye teeth have been coming in for months. So over it! But in-laws are in town and he’s soaking up all the extra attention.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Nada. Just playing the waiting game for my first appt. I have to wait until the 9th when I’ll be 10 weeks!

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? He is so creative and loves to problem solve. Some positives. He also has my short fuse when he doesn’t get his way. 😑 
  • StormiewinterStormiewinter member
    edited September 2018
    @expandcontract definitely not Intentional lol.  Eta forgot the word not in that sentence 
  • @mcewen3 - Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! My wife was scaring me saying something like only 2% of kids are still using a pacifier by age 3. I don't know where she got that statistic... anyway, I don't regret giving it to him at all though. My nephew doesn't take a paci so when we watch him it's really, really hard to soothe him. He's EBF so he really needs his mother and there's nothing we can do about it if we're the ones in charge of watching him. One afternoon he literally screamed for an hour straight. We were so, so happy when SIL showed up to get him.
  • @mcewen3 @wishiwaspreggo DD is still using her pacifier at 15 months. I don’t regret giving it to her one bit. She only gets it for naps and bedtime (unless she’s sick or getting shots) and it has made bed time so smooth. She calls it her “doggie” and so when it’s time to put her down, I ask her if she wants her doggie and she runs to the crib and puts up her arms to get in. At first we were going to take away after she transitioned to her new day care, but it’s been a month and I really need her to sleep right now. I do worry that if this next LO takes a paci she is going to steal it from him or her if we don’t wean her off months before he/she is born. She’s infamous for stealing pacis. 
  • @chloe97 - I was worried about DS taking the next baby's paci, too!! He was really attached to it, though. He used it during the day and night. I thought it would be a nightmare taking it away but it's been much easier than I expected. He still drinks a sippy cup of milk in bed but I'm fine with that. His teeth haven't had any plaque issues or anything so that's been fine. 

The paci was a godsend at night time. I'm totally doing it again with the next baby. When he was a baby all we had to do was pop it in his mouth and he'd fall asleep within minutes. It's been a little harder at night but not as hard as I expected. More tossing and turning but he's getting used to it.
  • @nopegoat your labors are seriously impressive. Mine with DD was 36 hours. I'm praying the "second time is faster" holds true.

@mrsdee15 it's so great to have wonderful in-laws! I got very lucky too! I'm glad they could help so much.

@bluesky24 I think 18mo-3yrs was my favorite time with DD. We were lucky and we didn't get tantrums/attitude until 3 (then the sass just blew up), but they learn so much in that timeframe and it's so fun to watch.

@youknowmenaomi I'm hoping for a grea tnext u/s for you!

@secicc12 BAGELS! They were my #1 craving with DD. Everything bagel with cream cheese, tomato, salt & pepper. I need one now... lol

@MaggieG183 I completely missed it too! :(

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1, DD is 5

How are your other kids doing this week?  Good. She's walking in the homecoming parade at her school tonight and is pretty excited to be out there with the big kids. It's been spirit week, so she's been out of uniforms and in fun stuff. She's probably going to be upset on Monday.  

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm so glad to have had a great first u/s and appointment, but still scared. I'm feeling crampy today :( Still so tired. By

GTKY: What is the biggest trait you see in your child that reminds you of yourself? Sadly, that she quits easily. She gets really down when things are challenging and she just wants to give up. But, she's very creative and I can identify with that, so it's nice to have that in common. I'd be screwed if she were athletic lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @wishiwaspreggo to chime in on the pacifier discussion, DD1 only just stopped using hers this past summer and she's 4. She was SO attached to it, and we struggled with sleep so much that we didn't want to do anything to rock the boat once she actually started sleeping through. Believe it or not, our dentist never commented on it - all night breastfeeding plus a juice habit that we developed for a while were worse. I think a lot of pacifiers are designed to prevent messing up their teeth as much as possible now.

She finally kicked it when it broke. Cried so hard, slept holding it in her hand. It kind of broke my heart, but she's over it now.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• How many kids do you already have? 
    I have two kids....My son just turned 3, and my daughter is 8 months old. 

It’s been a hectic week, but they are both good. My son’s Birthday was Monday so we had a Birthday party on Sunday and he started preschool on Tuesday. As for my daughter she’s been trying so hard to pull herself to standing, so that’s gonna happen any day now. 

Concerns/Questions?
    So this pregnancy was so unexpected. I only had one postpartum period since I had my daughter 8 months ago. When I was trying to get pregnant with my daughter, I was still breastfeeding my son and it took a full year to get pregnant and didn’t happen till I quit breastfeeding completely. DH and I weren’t exactly careful this time around but we assumed it would be just as difficult for me to conceive while breastfeeding again so we didn’t use any protection. So here I am. Surprised and pregnant. My concerns right now would be our living situation; we live in a small apartment. Also I’m gonna need a bigger car. But the thing I’m most worried about is being able to keep breastfeeding my daughter and not let my growing belly take away from enjoying her tiny baby time. They are only young once and I really felt like she deserved my focus this year and I feel so guilty for getting in this situation and not giving her this time. Also my son was recently diagnosed with autism and he’s got so much going on and is doing a bunch of therapies. It’s gonna be hard with two young kids who need me so much. 

GTKY:
    My son is stubborn and an extremely picky eater just like me. My daughter is so persistent and determined when it comes to trying new things and getting into what she should be getting into.  

• @Sketner610 that's a lot all at once. My last two were 18mos apart. I was still able to make it to year of breastfeeding. I also felt super guilty for getting KU so soon but they are seriously the best of friends!

Hang in there! You've got this! ❤️ 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @GeorgiaGirl1230 ...and now I want bagels... 
  • A bagel sounds awesome right about now!
  • How many kids do you already have? Ages?  One DD age 5

How are your other kids doing this week? Doing okay. In kindergarten full day this year so adjusting to full day and homework. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Did already knows about the baby as she had to come to my last appt and is very observant and inquisitive.  I hope all goes well so we do not have to disappoint her.  She is so excited. 

very observant and cautious. 

In regards to the Paci- my daughter used one until about 16 months when she started biting through them (she used them as teethers) so we had to go cold turkey from them but I did a little paci fairy ceremony. 
  • @Sketner610 Don’t feel guilty at all. You’re giving your daughter a gift! Take it one day at a time. At least we have 9 months to figure all the logistics out!

Pregnancy Ticker