December 2018 Moms

C-Section Thread

2»

Re: C-Section Thread

• @katy0990 nope! I want to say it was a T block? But im not sure at all! I will ask my OB here about it at my appointment with her if i remember
  • I got my c section scheduled for December 4th! Question . a week earlier i have to gogin for an NST. What exactly happens? I googled but it was a little confusing. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @HelloAnnie! I guess it'll never stop being sensitive. Do they cut the same incision line for a repeat? I'm guessing they would so now I'm wondering how much more sensitive it will be after this one.
  • awells189awells189 member
    edited September 2018
    @GoyaBean913 last time I had weekly Non-Stress Tests.  They just hooked me up to a monitor that goes across the belly for so-many minutes (10 or 20 maybe?) and I hit a button anytime baby moved.  They track the baby’s heartbeat and movements.

ETA: I was just sitting in a nice comfy chair so it’s pretty relaxing for Mama.
  • @GoyaBean913 similar to what @awells189  said, they hook you up to a machine with two monitors and one keeps track of baby’s heartbeat and the other contractions. Mine was for 10 minutes but you needed a certain criteria before you were done so it could take longer. They just make sure baby is still doing ok inside. Mine were always coupled with a very short ultrasound to check volume of amniotic fluid. 
  • Is anyone else still numb around their scar? It is the oddest feeling because if I place my hand there, I can feel movement on the inside and on my hand, but I can’t feel my hand on my belly.
  • @katy0990 same here been numb from my belly button down to "the exit wound" since it happened... my midwife will always ask did you feel that shes really kicking hard! Nope got nothing... i told her about the numbness and she said it was odd as that usually goes away 6 mo to a year after surgery... whats really frustrating is when it itches! You can feel the itch but cant feel the scratch!! Drives me crazy!
  • @GoyaBean913 it's no more sensitive the 2nd time around. Mine still has odd numbness years later. Just feels totally different. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Did anyone take anything besides having their spinal tap for their c-section? Not talking about drugs because of issues like pre-e. Been there done that. I just want to know did anyone ask for any extra sedatives during their c-section besides the spinal. I'm deathly afraid this time to have a unpleasant experience. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• My mom had a section with me. Her belly stayed numb.  They went in through the same scar when she had surgery when I was probably 14 and it changed the area to hypersensitive. Even now sooo many years later she still find sometimes showering hurts because even the water she said feels like a sharp knife. 
    So that worries me a little. 
  • @kristah2 depending on your age, did your mother maybe have the classical (vertical) incision instead of the low horizontal incision that is now standard?

I know my mother had the classical for her 1970s and 1980s births and it’s a very different recovery experience. My sisters and I all had the low horizontal incisions, and none of us have healing issues. 

Either way, I hope all goes well for you if you have a cs! Your poor mom. 
  • @awells189 and @Jens_Hoes thank you! That sound much simpler than Google made it sound .
  • @kristah2 this is what I'm afraid of. When they put the transducer over the scar during ultrasound the pain is so sharp it feels like a freshly stiched wound. Maybe I'll luck out and it'll be numb after this one!