May 2019 Moms

Monday Bitch Fest!

Re: Monday Bitch Fest!

• @jennzedd how rude! My company doesn't even have the BCC option, thank god.  What did your boss say,  btw?

• @peachy13  I can tell that my husband is itching to tell people, but luckily he understands why that would be a bad idea.  We had a lot of issues with my mother during my last pregnancy loss so this time around we are waiting a good while before telling anyone.  We are thinking of doing it at Thanksgiving since we will be able to tell his mom in person then.  Husband is a little miffed that my mother ruined it for being able to tell his parents early though.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennzed that's terrible especially if the details hadn't been confirmed and no timeline. So rude. 
  • @expandcontract She said that there should be a project plan for the thing that my coworker wanted the website update for...I think essentially saying he should have given me a deadline and been a little more organised about it, though she didn't say it in those words. She said it was "an awesome example of how we can improve as a team" haha. I don't know if she even noticed she had been BCC-ed.
  • @peachy13 I’ve told my mom, and my best friend but that’s it so far. I think we’re going to wait at least until the first US to tell anyone else. 

@mrsdee15 my mom is the same way! I kind of regret telling her because she has already let the news out to her husband (which that I kind of understand) and to my brother!

Okay so rant time. I had an ob appointment set, but when I told my mom I was pregnant she said I couldn’t go to him, as she had a bad experience with him in the past. I trust her, so I cancelled my appointment. She told me she knew a great ob at a really good group practice at the hospital she works at, and she really wanted me to go there. It was also the same practice where she had one of my brothers and my step sister had one of her daughters. So, I went with her today to check the place out. It did seem a lot nicer than where I was planning to go, and it was at a hospital I trust. However, I had to be scheduled 2 weeks later than I would’ve been seen with the other ob (I was going to be going this Thursday, and now I have to wait until the 11th.) I know it isn’t a huge deal, but I guess I’m just a little disappointed. I was so excited to make sure LO is doing okay in there. 
    New mommy to be!
    EDD: 05/27/19
    hoping for a girl!!!
  • @mcewen3 My girls are 5 and 2.5, and they pivot at lightning speed between being at each other's throats and snuggling sweetly with each other. It is so frustrating and adorable at the same time.
    kids with flags
  • @mcewen3 My girls are 5 and 2.5, and they pivot at lightning speed between being at each other's throats and snuggling sweetly with each other. It is so frustrating and adorable at the same time.
    So glad I'm not alone in this!  Lol.  Solidarity 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @JennZed I despise the BCC.... your Boss probably should not have replied to that email though.... that's the point of the BCC. Passive Aggressive is the worst.... I get really snarky really fast when people whip that out. It's like I can't control myself.  :D
  • Ugh, sitting at the Pediatrician for almost an hour now! My daughter is still sick, so she stayed home with my mom today. It's a cold, but she has a fever and has been miserable since Thursday. Mom told me I should take her to walk-in hours, just to be safe. Well now she is up, playing with all the toys, chatting up a storm, like nothing is wrong but a runny nose. I want to be fine with it, but I'm cold and tired and would so much rather be home than here. She hasn't been sleeping well, so i haven't either, and I'd really like a nap, or at least to be home on the couch. 
  • I have another one.... I am in an open office environment with 8 people in 400 SF. One guy decided to play Rage Against the Machine music SUPER loud; like i can't think. AND there is construction happening below us so my butt is literally vibrating. I am so irritated. 

My only consolation is to put my ear buds in and play Christmas music... because you know.... PSL season means its OK to listen to Christmas Music and it makes me happy. Maybe I wont bite my coworker's heads off today.
  • @bazzie88 I actually have a feeling she didn't realise he had BCC-ed her, because no one in my company ever BCCs. I think she probably just received the email and replied without paying attention.

And omg, people playing music in public is my biggest pet peeve! I can't stand it. Argh. And I also listen to Christmas music super early. :)
  • Man I guess I'm the odd one out. I refuse to have anything to do with christmas stuff until November.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I had my first OB appointment today. Annnnd apparently I’m not 7w2d, as per my LMP. I’m actually measuring 5w3d. So I’m going back in time by 2 weeks! Ugh. That being said, for 5 weeks, everything looks normal and fine. But I was disappointed that there was not baby/heartbeat to see yet. I’m super grateful that all looks well, but this is triggering my PGAL brain into overdrive. 😑
  • @jennzed At least he got called out on it since your boss replied to it! CCs and BCCs as a cya are the worst. We're all adults here, (or should be); we don't need to tattletale.
  • @psychobutthead I’m with you. I don’t listen to Christmas music until December. It seems like stores and radio stations start it earlier and earlier each year. 

@keighty80 Glad your appointment went well! I can see how that would be disappointing, but at least they said everything looks normal, and you’re getting to go back in a couple of weeks. My dr office changed my appt to from next Thursday to Wednesday since I’ll be 6 weeks from my last period, and I’m nervous I’ll run into the same thing you did. The early weeks are the hardest. I’m struggling with PGAL brain also. 
  • I have pretty severe anxiety that I take a medication for. I just started a new med in February because I wanted something that would be safe during pregnancy since we were planning on getting started soon after getting married. Well found out today at my OB appointment that my “safe” anxiety medication is NOT safe and causes heart defects. I want to swear and spit tacks! I’m so pissed and so stressed. F*** this!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrskoz428 ouch that certainly is not going to help your anxiety! I take Zoloft for my depression and anxiety.  Zoloft is the most widely accepted choice during pregnancy. Would this be an option for you?

• @mrskoz428 That sounds really stressful, I’d be so angry!  I also have a really bad anxiety disorder and my OB took me off my anxiety meds when I went in for my preconception appointment about a year ago.  Pregnancy is already stressful enough.  I’ve had so many anxiety attacks in the past few weeks, which in turn makes me more anxious about the health of the pregnancy and it’s just become this horrible cycle.
  • @expandcontract that’s what they suggested I switch to but wouldn’t prescribe it for me. So now, I sit and wait with no meds I can take until my PCP calls me with it figured out. I’m so mad because I know how bad I am off my meds.
  • @mrskoz428 I hope you get it figured out soon. You don't need more anxiety on top if it. I am on zoloft for depression. I tried to go off it to be as med free as possible but that was bad news. My doctor didn't see the need to come off it because she feels the risks are greater to not be on it if you need it. Hope that helps your peace of mind. 
  • I know it's not Monday anymore but... oh well. My little dog scratched the sh** out of my nipple this morning! AGHH! It's bleeding! My kids are trashing my already trashed house and I woke up super late. Meeeh... at least I get a few hours to myself later when they are at school. Bitching over, carry on lol.

• @chloe97 my current medication is a class D with studies done by the CDC to cause heart defects. I’m so stressed about it and they still haven’t found a new one for me. I don’t see a psychiatrist, unfortunately, just a Family Medicine Doctor. But she’s working on it. I’m just close I tears today because I’m without it and the situation is causing anxiety. I’m trying to take deep breaths and wait patiently.
  • Thank you all for letting me go on my bitchy rant fest! My PCP finally sent an order in for Zoloft and I get to start it tomorrow. However, my labs from yesterday show I have a UTI so I’m sure I’ll grt a call about starting an antibiotic tomorrow. Baby is already reacking havoc on my body! 😂
  • Ok I'm really sorry to keep whining about my stupid snowball lifting injury, but you guys, I need some advice.  So, on Sunday I pulled/popped/whatever both of my hips while trying to lift a gigantic wet snowball with DH for a snowman the girls were building.  Totally could barely walk on Monday, still hobbling around with a weird waddle all day today (Tuesday).  Chiropractor couldn't get me in but I do have an appt set for Thursday so I've been trying to just tough it out.  BUT, the intense pain is not just in my hips and lower back anymore.  I have pain down my right leg and now its super sore and tender right above my kneecap.  That's weird, right?  So WWYD?  Continue to wait it out until appt on Thursday and hope that the chiro adjustment gets everything back where it should be or go to the medical clinic/emerg in the morning and have it checked out?  Its just freaking me out how tender that area right above my knee is, otherwise I'd just keep hobbling around without another thought.
  • mcewen3 said:
    Ok I'm really sorry to keep whining about my stupid snowball lifting injury, but you guys, I need some advice.  So, on Sunday I pulled/popped/whatever both of my hips while trying to lift a gigantic wet snowball with DH for a snowman the girls were building.  Totally could barely walk on Monday, still hobbling around with a weird waddle all day today (Tuesday).  Chiropractor couldn't get me in but I do have an appt set for Thursday so I've been trying to just tough it out.  BUT, the intense pain is not just in my hips and lower back anymore.  I have pain down my right leg and now its super sore and tender right above my kneecap.  That's weird, right?  So WWYD?  Continue to wait it out until appt on Thursday and hope that the chiro adjustment gets everything back where it should be or go to the medical clinic/emerg in the morning and have it checked out?  Its just freaking me out how tender that area right above my knee is, otherwise I'd just keep hobbling around without another thought.
    If my pain was to a point I couldn't care for my kids or get out of bed id go to the hospital. But i have bulging discs in my lower back from a car accident that still give me trouble. 

I can tough out a lot of pain but not my back.  Your pain has spread I would go it could be serious. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @psychobutthead thank for the reply, that was my worry too, just wasn’t sure if I was reading too much into it.  I can totally still manage, but I have a pretty high pain tolerance.  If it were my kids I’d be at the clinic in a second but it feels like such a hassle for myself.  But I’ll make the time to go in tomorrow.  
  • @mcewen3 I’d go get it checked out, glad you’re going in today. Keep us posted!

• @mcewen3 Glad you are getting it checked out today. It is definitely better to get it resolved early rather than dealing with problems as your pregnancy progresses. I hope it heals quickly and it isn't anything serious.
  • @mcewen3 Glad you’re going in today to get it checked out. Let us know how your appt goes! 
  • My dumb cat ate something he wasn't supposed to eat so now he's wheezing in a corner and I'm just waiting for him to throw it up so I can clean it. I'm simultaneously worried and annoyed.

• @DuchessOfCambridge yuck.. 🤢 hope everything comes out ok!
  • Thanks ladies.  So of course the shooting pain down my leg went away overnight.  Definitely a good thing but made my trip to the Dr pretty uneventful and likely unnecessary.  Not much he could do for me today, there are some muscle relaxants that are not as risky but I decided not to get anything and just tough it out until tomorrow.  At least I was able to sneak in there during that 2 hour window while both girls were at school, and better safe than sorry.
  • I don't understand why Family/Internal medicine providers continue to manage patients' mental health needs.  Anyone with mental health issues should be seeing a PSYCHIATRIST.  When PCPs do this,  they are risking the health of the patient so they can receive credit for managing a condition that is NOT their specialty.  If you have a PCP who refuses to refer you to a Psychiatrist, please please find yourself a new PCP and a Psychiatrist.  PCP's do not have the training and experience of treating these conditions. It's not just "a little bit of depression" or a little bit of " anxiety." It could mean the difference between life and death.   
    100% agree, but there is such a shortage of psychiatrist and I know the state where @mrskoz428 is from and I am sure that there is probably a shortage. 

I know that I am lucky because I was in a system that ACTUALLY had a maternal psychiatrist that specialized in pregnant women and she actually took my insurance. But it took 7 weeks from my severe mental health crisis while pregnant to get into see her. 

I am livid for you @mrskoz428 if your PCP actually knew you were trying to get pregnant and put you on that drug- there is no excuse. Good luck and let us know how things are going. I understand how paralyzing anxiety is, espcially as it relates to pregnancy,
  • @chloe97 you're absolutely right! Especially in Illinois, there's a HUGE shortage of psychiatrists. And the ones who are around, often times they will not accept HMO or Medicaid. Medicaid, obviously because of the shitshow Rauner got us into. 
    It just ends up being a vicious cycle. People end up losing their jobs over uncontrolled mental conditions and then they can't see a psychiatrist cuz they don't have money and their condition just deteriorates. This is why I was so livid when Rauner cut mental health benefits for Medicaid recipients. 

@DuchessOfCambridge annnnd that's why I don't have any pets. Don't need extra work for myself.  

• @chloe97 My PCP did know but I specifically told her we would be trying shortly after getting married. This is why I submitted a complaint with the service excellence department at my clinic. She did switch me to Zoloft, but I contracted the stomach flu from one or more of my Petri dishes I call students, so I didn’t take it today. Not much stayed down. I just ate dinner (like 30 sips of soup and some saltines) and can tell it’s going to be coming up soon. No point in taking it if it’s not going to stay down. I’ve kept down water, Gatorade, and a Tylenol. Also, I have a UTI and a massive cold on top of all of this. So my bitch fest keeps going! Thanking god that baby bear and I aren’t sharing too much blood yet! Poor thing would probably be so overwhelmed by how sick I am!
  • @chloe97 you're absolutely right! Especially in Illinois, there's a HUGE shortage of psychiatrists. And the ones who are around, often times they will not accept HMO or Medicaid. Medicaid, obviously because of the shitshow Rauner got us into. 
    It just ends up being a vicious cycle. People end up losing their jobs over uncontrolled mental conditions and then they can't see a psychiatrist cuz they don't have money and their condition just deteriorates. This is why I was so livid when Rauner cut mental health benefits for Medicaid recipients. 

Preach. Are you a health care provider? Or in social services? I work in public health advocacy so you are in good company with your distaste of our current governor!
  • Same with my DH he nearly told his sister on the phone and his friend at work we have his dad and his other sister coming to stay soon before our 12 week scan so im not sure how long it will be a secret for.