April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 9/18

2»

Re: Symptoms w/o 9/18

• Options
    The migraine strikes again. It hurts and on top of that my stomach hurt so badly all day that I could barely eat anything. Thank goodness for an understanding DH who let's me rest and takes care of my crazy toddler.

• Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited September 2018
    The exhaustion is still terrible. I'm doing ok during the day but I'm worthless in the evening. I feel bad for DH, who has been a pro at making sure everything/one is taken care of.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I'm with you on the exhaustion.  I made an actual dinner last night that wasn't just heating something up and after we ate I couldn't do anything.  I texted DH that we're getting takeout tonight since he has a softball game. 
  • Options
    Just ordered throw up bags for my car/work just in case, since randomly vomiting is an almost regular thing. -____-

And so true @chelseay416 I did ONE DAY of dry shampoo and the next day when I washed it someone asked if I changed my hair color. So that’s my queue to stay away from dry shampoo for a few months apparently. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry everyone is feeling sick but it's comforting to read all of this! I've been feeling like I have ALLLLL the symptoms and I feel terrible that I'm not helping DH more with housework. I am so tired and nauseous all the time I can't think about cooking (let alone dishes) and I can't go near the pet food. I can mostly stave off vomiting with a slow and steady intake of bland carbs. Plus I have more acne than ever and can't fit in my clothes (I'm sure the carbs are helping) and just feel all around gross and grumpy. As a FTM, I don't know how you ladies with kids are doing it, but you're my heroes.

Waiting anxiously for the end of the first tri!
  • Options
    @sheknows6 ditto what @LifeofLauren2 said. My first pregnancy was rather easy in the first trimester (which came to bite me in the 3rd trimester but that's a different story), so while I knew I would be more tired because I have a tiny human to run after, I also feel like complete crap this pregnancy. 

And you do totally forget how painful the latter half of pregnancy and birth and postpartum is. It becomes a distant memory.
  • Options
    professormamaprofessormama member
    edited September 2018
    Maybe this is a UO. But people freaked me the f* out about recovery after childbirth. And I just didn’t think it was that bad, though I know I got lucky in that area. I sat on a donut for a few days and I hated wearing pads instead of tampons. But once the bleeding stopped I basically felt fine - Better than being pregnant. So yes, if you have a traumatic birth and there’s major tearing and stuff like that, then I’m sure recovery is terrible. But I also think it’s not necessarily something to be that freaked out about. 
  • Options
    @professormama I feel like I was very informed on what recovery was going to be like but it was so much worse. I prepared for the bleeding, the poop issues, the hormones and the night sweats etc. but for like 3 months I couldn’t walk around target for more then 10 min at a snails pace without feeling like my insides were going to fall out and I was going to pass out. I also got vertigo at like 5 days pp. I only had a very tiny tear, but I did hemorrhage and pushed for 5 hours so maybe that’s why. 

I think some have easy recoveries and I am happy for and jealous of them. Some are much worse though. 

I clearly remember how awful it all was and still decided to do it again though. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers