Babies on the Brain

Introduce yourself here :)

Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• Ages (you and SO): Me: 31, DH: 38
    What brings you to BOTB? Want to start TTCing but have to wait.
    When will you start TTC? Waiting to TTC due to mental illness treatments, ECT specifically. Treatments need to be spread out more to ensure I can safely go without ECT during first and third trimesters. Could be six months, could be a year. We've met with a perinatal psychiatrist as a sort-of preconception visit to discuss medication options, treatment schedule. Having Type I Bipolar makes things tricky, but we're trying to do it as safely as possible to keep the risk of an episode low.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I'm in school (due to finish December) for English. I love to write, but I love editing even more! Linguistics is absolutely fascinating to me. I have a furbaby named Wilson and a nephew who is 18 months, both of whom I adore. Also, DH and I are obsessed with the show Gotham.

• @Allisonmw welcome!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Ages
    -We're both in our 20s.

What brings you to BOTB
    -Baby fever! I recently had my first post partum AF so I'm ready to start TTC as soon as DH is.

When will you start TTC
    -Hopefully in May, but for sure by August.

Tell us about yourself: I have a DS who is 11 months old. I like to sew.
  • Mostly a lurker, but I will try to post now and then.

Ages (you and SO)
    : Me: 32, DH: 37
    What brings you to BOTB? I am literally obsessed with everything related to new babies.  It feels like everyone is pregnant, or has a teeny baby and it is just fueling my desire to start TTC baby #2!  It almost feels like I have baby fever so much worse now than when we were TTC #1. 
    When will you start TTC? Hopefully this summer! I would LOVE for our kids to be 2 years apart (even though two kids in diapers sounds like a nightmare).
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I have an adorable little boy who is 11 months old. He is so hilarious and we love everyday we get to spend with him (his current hobbies include throwing everything, taking all the books off his bookcase and trying to gain control of the TV remote).  I have lost touch with a lot of my hobbies (working Mom struggles), but I love crafting (sewing/scrapbooking/cards), baking, and reading. Currently training for a triathlon (the sprint one), and hoping I can overcome my irrational fear of open water during the swim portion!
  • Ages (you and SO): Me: 30; DH: 35

What brings you to BOTB? I was active on TTGP before I had DD.  She is 9.5 months old and lately, I've been thinking about TFAS. We're definitely not ready just yet, so I thought this would be a fun place to hang out for a while.   :)

When will you start TTC? Not until next year. We decided to wait until June 2019 to TTC again. It took 16 months to get ku the first time around, so I'm a bit anxious about getting back into TTC again. I think I need the next year to mentally prepare myself for it all again.  

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) DH and I got married in 2013. DD was born last July. We have two cats that are always getting into trouble. I work in higher ed and DH works in marketing. I am a total unapologetic Game of Thrones nerd and I love to cook and bake. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Ages (you and SO): Me: 31; H: 32

What brings you to BOTB? H and I are talking nonstop about TFAS next year. I am ready. He is not. 

When will you start TTC? Most likely May of 2019, but that's not set in stone. We have some financial goals to meet before we will be ready. H has severe anxiety, so I'm hoping that some extra time will be good for him to get it under control.   

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) H and I have been married almost three years. We have a 1-year-old. I teach high school English at a Title 1 (low-income) school. I've been teaching for almost ten years. When I'm not researching for work, or helping my students, I sing, crochet, and read (shocker!). I was diagnosed with PCOS and it took us almost a full year to get KTFU with DD. 
  • Ages (you and SO): 31 & DH is 32

What brings you to BOTB? Would love to TTC but I have back problems that need to be treated before that can happen. 

When will you start TTC? Hoping August 2018 but it all depends on how my back is doing.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I have a little boy  ( I was in the March 2016 BMB). Some of your screenames look familiar. I love traveling, Disney (hence the SN), and corgis. 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    I THINK I intro'd here last year, but now we have an actual plan and time-frame, so I figured I would re-intro. 

Ages (you and SO): 29 (me) and 28 (H)

What brings you to BOTB? We are waiting out the post-Mexico no-Zika time frame after our honeymoon.

When will you start TTC? We will start in September. 

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We have one 3-year old son (Feb15 BMB) and two dogs. We got married this past March and we're so excited about starting for number 2.  I work in marketing services and H is in HVAC.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Heyo! Former bumpie who left with my BMB after the implosion of '15. Back without any cool badges to show for my 4 years of bumping. Anywaaaay.....

H and I are 32/33

My BFF is KU and now my baby fever is in high gear.

We agreed to move forward with NTNP for a while, before fully TTC for #3.

We survived 2u2 and our kids are now 4.5 and 3 and we're at the crossroads of moving on with our fully potty trained, way easier than a newborn, kids...or starting over. 

I love tacos, naps, and Netflix, and my H and I work from home together full time. 
  • Hello everyone! I like to see all the HP fans!!

Ages (you and SO): 31, SO is 29
    What brings you to BOTB? Decided to “pull the plug” so to speak and it is the strangest decision! 
    When will you start TTC? Not preventing starting a week ago
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We have two dogs, no kids, enjoy traveling and go on at least one big trip a year. Excited, nervous, anxious about the kid thing and I feel like it is all I can think about!
  • Ages (you and SO): I just turned 32 2.5 weeks ago, my H is 33.5 
    What brings you to BOTB? Babies on the brain.  It took me a while to feel ready, and I finally do and ready to start this next chapter 
    When will you start TTC? We started seriously this cycle. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I work in human resources for a medium sized life sciences consulting company.  I just reached my six year anniversary.  I met my H here, so this place holds a special place in my heart.  I love the band Hanson (yes, mmmbop and yes, they still exist). Other than working and Hanson, H and I are boring people.  spend a lot of time working on the house and the yard and just trying to fit all our errands in on the weekends.  i enjoy seeing friends and going out to eat. 
  • mt_meowmt_meow member
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone! I'll probably be here for a long while!
    Ages (you and SO):
     I'm 27, H is 26, will be 29/28 when having a baby.

What brings you to BOTB? I've had slight baby fever in the past but it's never been this strong. The timing is nearly perfect. I know DH is looking forward to it too but we recently bought a house and I still need some more experience at my job before we start a family. I've never been the type to care about having kids or being married growing up, but finding the right person made all of that so exciting.

When will you start TTC?  Sometime in summer 2019. Aiming to start July 2019. We will confirm as it gets closer. I'd have to remove my IUD before then.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We have no kids. We have a husky and cats. I also recently started gardening and we're going to have more tomatoes than we can handle. Im also an artist who needs to find time to paint/draw again. We're both architects in profession.
  • Hi :smile:

My name is Paige, my husband Brad and I have been married for almost 3 years.
    Ages - I'm 28, hubby is 30.
    TTC - sort of since August 2017. Our TTC story is kind of complicated, something I'd like to post elsewhere for some advice. 
    About us - We're huge Disney fans and we have 5 fur babies - 3 cats and 2 dogs! 
  • I am 34 and my SO is is 39. What brought me to BOTB is I thought it would be nice to be a part of a community that is TTC just like me and my husband. We started TTC last month (my next period is due next week and I’m getting so impatient having to wait) we have one little boy (jonny) who is 4 years old. I am an assistant culinary director at a nursing home and my SO is an iron worker. 
  • @pinkrawks0208 Welcome! There’s a separate Trying to Get Pregnant board if you want to participate there as well. That’s wonderful you work at a nursing home: I had a friend in college who worked at one as a side job and loved it so much she turned it into a career.
    Also, @MRDCle - did I see somewhere that you're from Cleveland like me? (I also could have guessed from your username  :p )
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @hestia14 I am from Cleveland! And proud of it :)
  • MRDCle said:
    Same here! I often have customers visit the office and they always say Cleveland is a "nice surprise." (That is, unless they visit during a snowstorm.) I was born and raised on the east side but now live on the west side, and everyone back "home" wonders why I jumped over. DH is from the west side, so we settled out here. I once heard the term "ambidextrous Clevelander," so I'm gonna stick with that  :)
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    hestia14 said:
    MRDCle said:
    Same here! I often have customers visit the office and they always say Cleveland is a "nice surprise." (That is, unless they visit during a snowstorm.) I was born and raised on the east side but now live on the west side, and everyone back "home" wonders why I jumped over. DH is from the west side, so we settled out here. I once heard the term "ambidextrous Clevelander," so I'm gonna stick with that  :)
    Ha! Then that's me too, but the opposite.  I was born and raised on the West Side and moved East Side because DH owned a house out here already!
  • Hi everyone! Since my first forays into internet message boards in the early 2000s, I have been TERRIBLE at participating and actually posting, but I am an A+ lurker. I was happy to see in the TTGP board guidelines that it said to lurk and lurk some more--well, I definitely have that down! I am going to actually try and participate though. :)

Ages (you and SO): Me: 31, him: 29 (on Wednesday)

What brings you to BOTB? Well, I DEFINITELY have babies on the brain! I work at a preschool gymnastics place, so I am constantly surrounded by littles. I've always loved being around babies and toddlers, from the time I was a kid myself, I was always toting around my little cousins. But it's funny, now that I am actually in a position to start having kids myself, it isn't the babies themselves that make me want my own kids, but the grown ups. It's the grandmas only in town for a week and loving all over their grandkids, the nannies with their teething necklaces, parents coming in during their lunch break just to take the class with their kids before running back to work...those are the things that make the biggest impact on me that make me want kids the most!

When will you start TTC?  Hopefully in the next few months. We both struggle with fairly minor mental health issues, specifically anxiety, and we want to both start working on getting a handle on that before we start trying to have kids. We have a list of therapists now, and are going to start making appointments in the next few weeks. If we both find someone we like, and are confidant they can help us, we'll start trying. :)

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) Well, I already mentioned my job, I work at a preschool gymnastics place, both managing the admin team, and I'm also the marketing coordinator. It's not a job I ever thought I'd be in, but I love it. It's a small, woman run company, and it's great. I can't wait to bring my own kids to classes! What else? Some of my favourite TV shows are Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Brooklyn 99, and Star Trek (any of them, but especially DS9). Among many others! I'm also a big reader, and I recently got a bike, so we've been biking a lot. I love wine, and going for wine tastings...will be the hardest thing to give up! We are currently trying to work our way though some of our extensive wine collection before I have to press pause on that!

Anyways, I'm gonna stop typing now, because this is getting excessively long! Happy to be here and meet all of you!
  • Welcome @JennZed! I know how you feel about adults making you want kids. I see so many parents and grandparents walking little ones in front of my house, to the school behind my house, in the park, and knowing I'm getting close to that point in my life makes me giddy :) I love Star Trek too -- are you watching Discovery? I wasn't crazy about the first season, but I'm still giving it a chance. TNG and DS9 had lousy early seasons too, so I'll give Discovery til the end of season 3 :) 
  • It's been a while, so I'm re-introducing myself back on here. We're still waiting because things are finally starting to even out for us. DH and I are both 34. We live in central Florida. We're both geeks, Disney nerds, and foodies. I love the horror genre and tend to be a bit offbeat. No tiny humans as of yet, but we have a cat named Phantom whom we love to pieces. She's currently curled up in DH's lap while we watch TV, and she has her own Instagram account. I have a couple of chronic health issues, so that's fun.

Anyway. Hi again!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Hi @dreamscapes_! I’m a catmom too: I ask mine all the time how she’d feel about a human kitten. :p I think you’ll fit in well with the current geeky vibe of this board!
  • @hestia14 Yeah, not surprised that it's still fairly geeky, lol. Our cat is a senior, so I think she'll be okay with a tiny human :)
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Thanks @hestia14 ! Yes I am watching Discovery! I did enjoy a lot of aspects of season 1... like that one big twist that I did NOT see coming, but overall, yeah, I thought it was a little lackluster. You're right, I always think about the crappy first season (or three) of TNG. I think it's a good analogy, because both shows are trying to resurrect Star Trek after years and years, and there is a lot of pressure from fans to get it right...although it's probably a lot harder these days when everyone can make their opinions known loudly and immediately on the internet!
  • Ages (you and SO): We are both 24

What brings you to BOTB? Lurking and figured since I’ve got baby fever, to join the conversation!

When will you start TTC? We started in July. :-) Nothing serious, just having fun and wouldn’t be disappointed if it happened!

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): No kids yet. My SO and I got married April 28th. We have two dogs, Suzy and Stuart. I am a 4th grade teacher and my husband delivers beer. I really enjoy pintrest crafting, reading, and hanging out with my dogs! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Why are you here?
    Positive ClearBlue digital test. 

When Will You Start TTC?
    We started like 3 weeks ago.

About Me: Quit my job earlier this year to pursue a career in nursing with my husband's incredible support. Because we know it can take years to conceive we started trying passively a few weeks ago. All this may be going faster than expected....
    Haven't told the hubs yet and I'm not planning on it until it's all confirmed and until it's past the danger period where the rate of miscarrying is so much higher. If I really am pregnant, could use some tips and hints for how to hide symptoms and dietary restrictions from him until I have my big reveal all planned. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Welcome @mrskoz428! This board is rather slow, so you might want to visit the Trying to Get Pregnant board for more community and support. Also, you and your SO's careers could not be more different and I love it  :D
    Welcome @MegEn1 and congrats! The best place for you may be the 1st Trimester board where you'll find more women in the same situation as you. I'm not sure what your loss history is, but I recommend checking out this thread on the April 2019 BMB that breaks down miscarriage odds by the day. It's not as scary as you think!  ;)
  • Ages (you and SO): I’m 35 DH:39
    What brings you to BOTB? Wondering if I’m pregnant 
    When will you start TTC? We aren’t really trying. But if it happens great 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) 3 boys.. 5,3,13 months. Stay at home mom 

• edited September 2018
    Ages (you and SO): me: 26 (soon to be 27) him: 25

What brings you to BOTB? Massive baby fever that I've had forever (obv) & I feel like I need to come out of my loooong-time lurker status.  

When will you start TTC? Not sure, NTNP for now. I temped for like 6 months to see what my cycle was like and then stopped for a few months. Going to start again this next cycle. SO & I are getting married soon so I would like to start actively trying in the next couple of months. Just trying to budget better and maybe find a job that makes me happier!

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) No children. 1 doggo & 1 cat who are both my world. Living in Southeast US. SO & I are both in the restaurant industry but I'm really yearning for something different. We like to play video games, hangout together & go to the park with our dog, try new foods, and watch anime. Even though this board is sloooowww i'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

edit: words
  • Ages (you and SO): me 26, him 25
    What brings you to BOTB? I’ve got massive BOTB for a few months now. We’re not ready to start trying yet. We’ve been in a long distance relationship for 3 years and have spent no more than 6 months at a time with each other face to face so we want to have a “normal” life together first and just enjoy being married first before we think about kids. 
    When will you start TTC? Probably not until late 2019 at the earliest. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): no kids, no pets yet. Just got an offer accepted on a house so once we’re settled in well get a dog nearly right away, we’ve both agreed on this. I also just moved to the UK (he’s British) so it’s been an adjustment these past two months including I just got a job and I start next Monday. I’ll be a sales Account Manager at a stage electrics company. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Ages (you and SO): We are both 31. 

What brings you to BOTB? I definitely have babies on the brain, but for so many reasons, we can't start trying just yet. 

When will you start TTC? Probably not until Fall/Winter 2019. 

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): DH and I have 2 year old twin girls. I recently became a SAHM because DH accepted a new job with the federal government. He is away at training until May of 2019 and we will be moving out of state when he is done. In the meantime, the girls and I are staying with my parents. I've got major baby fever, but we obviously won't be trying until we live in the same state again! 

I've got a long time to wait and have been lurking on and off since my girls were born. I thought now might be a good time to jump in! Hoping I can hang out here with all of you! 
  • @dsm2015 hi! Welcome! I’m glad to see I’m not alone on this board! I thought I might be. It’s very slow here. 

Im sorry you and your husband are so far apart from each other for so long 😔 my husband and I did long distance (on and off) for three years but the longest we were apart was 5 months and we didn’t have any babies. I can’t imagine how hard this is for you! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunsford Hi! I'm glad I'm not alone too!
    It is definitely hard to be away from each other, but I have the girls to keep me busy and my parents are wonderful! Congratulations on a new job and a big move! How exciting! Will it be tough to be away from your family!?! 
  • @dsm2015 thanks! And yes and no

its really hard being away from them during big moments (especially with the time difference) is hard but before I moved to England, I had already moved to Florida (from New Jersey) so either way I was already away from them. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Ages (you and SO): Me: 31, DH: 31
    What brings you to BOTB? I started having kids a few years earlier than my friends, so a lot of them are now pregnant or have newborns. We're back and forth on having a third, but it's hard to see friends and cousins with little ones!

When will you start TTC? First DH and I need to get on the same page... I'm in about 95%, he's probably in the 75% depending on the day. I won't remove my IUD until we're both 100%. My timeline is to discuss & make a decision from about now to February. At that point, if our decision is to have a 3rd then remove my IUD, give my body however long it needs to figure itself up, but start actively tracking/trying April/May 2019

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.). I have 2 little boys. 2 years 3 months, and 12 months. I work full time from home with travel, but my job is in flux at the current moment which isn't making our decision process any easier! We have a dog who will be 5 in January who adores both boys. I'd love to say that my interests are crafting, and baking, and decorating... but to look at my day to day life my interests are obviously bringing children to doctors appointments, finding time to go grocery shopping, and remembering to pay bills. 

I know this board is pretty dead, but I'd like to try and check in and chat with whoever else wants to be active!

• @mamaqdubu hi! Welcome! I think me, you, and @dsm2015 are the only ones out here! Glad to have another join the ranks. I was flying solo for awhile. 

I’m usually the “first” of my friends and family to do things as well (first to move out, first to get married) so I totally get where you’re coming from with that. It kind of puts you in a different stage of life even though you’re the same age as these people. 

What a crazy, busy life you have! I bet it’s hard to find me time but it’s nice to have such a full, meaningful life. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hi :)

Ages (you and SO):
    28 & currently single
    What brings you to BOTB?
    Looking for community to help me with the wait and uncertainty.
    When will you start TTC?
    Hopefully sooner than later. My biological clock has been ticking quite loudly recently, and I realize I am running out of time to have the 2 kids I want before I turn 35. I have been off hormonal birth control for 9 years and have been using the calendar method to prevent pregnancy during that time. So, either I am very good at tracking my cycle, or am most likely infertile (lol).
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)
    No kids, no pets. I own and run 2 successful businesses in the medical marijuana industry. I have a bachelors degree with a focus in medical sciences and minor in sustainable agriculture, and marijuana is my passion. This past year I have been putting my extra income into buying land and now I own a nice 40+ acre waterfront parcel that I eventually want to build a home on (starting with accessory buildings this coming spring).
  • Hello! I see that there aren’t a lot of people around, but I thought I’d introduce myself anyway! 

Ages (you and SO):
    I turned 30 in September and DH is 35. 

What brings you to BOTB?
    I guess the board name says it all. DH and I were certain that we never wanted kids, but my 30th birthday came around and apparently biology is a powerful motherf#€%er! I started thinking it might be nice and the couldn’t stop. DH and I had a long discussion about it and we’ve decided to give it a shot. 

When will you start TTC?
    Hopefully in January or February 2019

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)
    We don’t have children, but we do have a dog and 2 cats. I’m an elementary school teacher and DH is a computer programmer and software developer. I like to cook and bake, travel, hike and camp, read, and get tattooed. 
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited November 2018
    Welcome @hopeful207 and @themadcamel

Glad and to see some more join us in our annoying wait. 😩 it’s nice to not be alone. Hopefully we can get this board going a bit. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Hi there! My name is Taylor.. this will be my first kid. I’m 21 weeks (almost 22) already! Having a boy! ❤️ I’m really excited yet so scared all at the same time. I live with my boyfriend in his home town so I don’t have any family or friends here so just looking to have some mommy friends to talk and relate to!