May 2019 Moms

FFFC 9/21

2»

Re: FFFC 9/21

• Another FFC: #1 is sick and I'm cramping, so we are going to watch Paw Patrol until bedtime while I play on my phone. #momoftheyear 
  • Ok someone please tell me what Coco is. I saw it on the other thread last night, and now here. Is this a kid show? Movie? I need to knooow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • msb615 said:
    Ok someone please tell me what Coco is. I saw it on the other thread last night, and now here. Is this a kid show? Movie? I need to knooow! 
    It's a movie! Im dying to watch it but am waiting until it comes out on RedBox, so please! Nobody spill anything!

• Do you have Netflix? It’s on there!

• @DuchessOfCambridge yes! I’ll have to look when I get home! 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge no, unfortunately we don't subscribe to Netflix, anymore. Barely ever have time to watch anything. 

• @poshspice that is actually so cute! My daughter hides somewhere when she's doing the doo doo. And if you look at her while doing it, she stops and it goes back up. 

poop GIF

• Another FFC: #1 is sick and I'm cramping, so we are going to watch Paw Patrol until bedtime while I play on my phone. #momoftheyear 
    That’s what we’re doing right now! Except, for us, Paw Patrol is Peppa Pig. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @bluesky24 Your list made my skin crawl. Wtf is wrong with people?! PS My daughter did this weird crawl for months where she’d drag one leg behind. She could go super fast that way. People are annoying.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2018
    Yesssss. I love it. I've gotten the word out about Coco. You all have to let me know if you liked it...

...Now I'm super nervous. 

Edited: words are hard again. 
  • @bluesky24 that’s awful!  I sometimes wonder if people in professions like your sister’s lose sight of the fact that the children they see and treat on a regular basis are there for a reason.  Educating parents on appropriate use of all the baby gear available to us is far better than shaming people for using them in the first place.  

FFC: I have previously and will continue to use many “containers” for my baby.  My kids have never liked to be worn and nor do they enjoy being left to play on their own (obviously I mean in a safe space like a playpen, etc).  Often the only way to prepare meals, shower or put a sibling to bed was to sit them in a bouncer, exerciser or yes, sometimes a Bumbo, right there beside me while I did whatever I had to do.  We also did plenty of floor play and neither one of my girls were ever on the slower side to hit physical milestones.  I believe that doing what I need to do to stay sane and on top of things is probably best in the end, and that as long as we have a good balance things usually work out just fine. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited September 2018
    Total fan of baby "containers" over here. Absolute favorite is the Fisher Price Sit-me-up ----by FAR the best baby product we bought! We used it so much with DS & definitely plan on using it again a lot with this LO too. Also used the exersaucer quite a bit, especially after he outgrew the SMU. 
  • I think the main concern with the “containers” is parents who leave their kids in them all day and ignore them. 15-20 min is just fine! DS gets bored and starts whining to be removed after about 10 min anyway. I limit to only a few times a month but that’s because we have enough PT/OT to work on with DS without adding more 😂

• @DuchessOfCambridge I totally agree.  It’s simple common sense, but I’m always shocked and saddened by the lack of it in the world today 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @nopegoat laundry is the worst. What’s even worse is that ours is in our basement, and all our bedrooms are upstairs. Such a pain to have to go up and down 2 flights of stairs. Needless to say, I pretty much only do laundry on weekends, and the last load will stay in the dryer all week until I need to wash more because I hate folding and putting them away. I need to just pay someone to do laundry and clean my house. 💁🏼‍♀️
  • @nopegoat I don't mine the act of doing laundry and switching it over. But putting it away is the worst! So thankful for child labor to help with that lol
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @nopegoat I don't mine the act of doing laundry and switching it over. But putting it away is the worst! So thankful for child labor to help with that lol
    I normally have them help and put away their own but it's gotten so out of control lately that I still have to sort it all and help. Blah. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • nopegoat said:
    @nopegoat I don't mine the act of doing laundry and switching it over. But putting it away is the worst! So thankful for child labor to help with that lol
    I normally have them help and put away their own but it's gotten so out of control lately that I still have to sort it all and help. Blah. 
    Perks of having an 11 year old. She can't just get out of it lol. I have her put her brothers away for me too sometimes if I haven't given her many chores all week.

• @nopegoat @psychobutthead I’m still trying to get my husband to help with laundry. Currently having a one sided standoff with him to put his clothes away.. the basket has been there all week. He just grabs what he needs and goes on with his day. Put you dang clothes away! 😒
  • msb615 said:
    @nopegoat @psychobutthead I’m still trying to get my husband to help with laundry. Currently having a one sided standoff with him to put his clothes away.. the basket has been there all week. He just grabs what he needs and goes on with his day. Put you dang clothes away! 😒
    How long you been married? I'm to a point where if I  have had enough and I need the basket I dump it at his feet and walk off. No words needed because I've already asked him enough times in a week to.

• Heres a confession. I'm freaking jelly of all the women on here who are eating whatever they want. 

I did that with my 2nd kid and I paid for it! I can't handle gaining that much weight again so I'm trying to behave. Still gonna hate on all the cute skinny women who get the adorable perfect bump.

• @psychobutthead my oldest just turned 8 and with so many hand-me-downs he would never be able to get it right. I'm looking forward to that day though lol! He is good about helping put little brothers clothes away though which is nice. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • megsb615megsb615 member
    edited September 2018
    msb615 said:
    @nopegoat @psychobutthead I’m still trying to get my husband to help with laundry. Currently having a one sided standoff with him to put his clothes away.. the basket has been there all week. He just grabs what he needs and goes on with his day. Put you dang clothes away! 😒
    How long you been married? I'm to a point where if I  have had enough and I need the basket I dump it at his feet and walk off. No words needed because I've already asked him enough times in a week to.
    @psychobutthead we’ve been married 5, but together for almost 10. I’ve just always done it. Dumping it at his feet would just end with them all sitting in a pile somewhere haha  I’ve told him things are about to change with #2 coming.