May 2019 Moms

FFFC 9/21

keighty80keighty80 member
edited September 2018 in May 2019 Moms
Let's hear it, ladies!
*warning: not always flame free* 

Re: FFFC 9/21

• @keighty80 I don’t blame you. I would too if I had access to it. My bff does them and with my last pregnancy, she scanned me a couple of times to see if we could find out the sex early. Of course DS didn’t cooperate though. Womp womp. 

FFFC: I’ve never tried a pumpkin spice latte and really have no desire to.
  • Loading the player...
  • @msb615 honestly, they're not that great. I guess that's my FFFC  :D 

• @brie_and_almonds I was thinking the same thing for the NHIE thread 😂 I felt bad bringing up sex drive in the symptoms thread, but I need answers 💁🏼‍♀️

@liliumstargazer13 I don’t see how you could teach and NOT loathe some of your students haha I would love to teach for the breaks, but I don’t like other people’s (besides family and friends) kids to be completely honest. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I don’t think that’s flame worthy at all. My son got by just fine with sleep sacks until he was a year so I guess I’m lucky too. I silently judge that too. It’s just not worth he risk to me. But like you said, I never needed it and I am not in their shoes so I would never say anything either. 
  • @keighty80 DS was also in the NICU for a while and the nurses scared the ever living daylights out of me with all of the SIDS stuff. Idk if other NICU parents feel this way, but it's pretty ingrained in me at this point!

• @DuchessOfCambridge Absolutely NOT worth the risk for me either, although I'd never say anything. DD just got a little stuffed animal to take to bed with her when she turned 1. I'd be up all night looking at the monitor. Some of the sleep situations make me shudder...swings, rock n plays. I'd rather be sleep deprived than wake up rested to a horrifying situation. I'm passionate about safe sleep, can you tell?!  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @psychobutthead I mean...the ring test said it, right??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @psychobutthead are people supposed to buy new bottles/teether toys for each new kid?? I wasn't planning to buy really anything at all for this new LO except diapers🤷‍♀️
  • @psychobutthead are people supposed to buy new bottles/teether toys for each new kid?? I wasn't planning to buy really anything at all for this new LO except diapers🤷‍♀️
    I am because I have none of that left from my son.  I kept all the big things like carseat and crib.  But I didnt keep his bottles so that I need.  If I have a deal on a lot of used bottles I would buy and just buy new nipples. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @secicc12 oh the unsolicited advice is horrible! Homes, wedding planning, pregnancy, parenting, you name it. I usually just end up going the opposite route. We did our kitchens over at the same time and my SIL said they were going with white and gray tones because that's what was IN, I decorated ours to be wooden/warm tones lol
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @wishiwaspreggo the just you wait comments are so weird. I never ever say them to any friends with younger babies than mine. It's just mean and feels like wishing ill on others, and not everyone's experience is the same.

@psychobutthead I don't think that's anything to confess, I think that's smart!

• @wishiwaspreggo the just you wait comments are so weird. I never ever say them to any friends with younger babies than mine. It's just mean and feels like wishing ill on others, and not everyone's experience is the same.

@psychobutthead I don't think that's anything to confess, I think that's smart!
    Maybe I should have rephrased it that im cheap as hell lol
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• @DuchessOfCambridge Reading about your annoying friends had me gritting my teeth in frustration. 

I will 100% admit that before having kids I was clueless about how much work parenting really is, and before having two kids, I was much more of a judgmental B about kids' naughty behavior/seeminngly bizarre parenting choices. My first kid was quite well-behaved and timid, and that's just personality, not really anything I did. My second is spunkier, but still pretty obedient. It will be interesting to see what new appreciation/respect #3 brings.

That said, I still definitely know some people who are terrible parents. I vividly remember being at a party at a friend's house before having kids, and DH and I repeatedly retrieving a toddler from crawling backwards out the back door and down the deck unsupervised, because the family had one of those landscaping ponds maybe 10ft from the back door. Her parents were clueless, oblivious, or both.
    kids with flags
  • @k2k2tog same feelings! I haven’t been able to milk it much yet but hope to as I get further along haha. For a long time, H got to sleep through the night while I got up every three hours to nurse. I’m hoping to nurse again so same thing. He can deal with wakeups for now. Luckily DS STTN now but he wakes up SO EARLY

• megsb615megsb615 member
    edited September 2018
    @DuchessOfCambridge @keighty80 @secicc12 I’m the same about anything being in the crib. It’s not worth the risk, and I don’t think I would be able to sleep anyway. My son has always moved all over in his crib throughout the night that I’ve been too paranoid he’d get tangled up in a blanket. I’ve read too many devastating things to feel comfortable with that. He just turned 2 not long ago, and still doesn’t have anything but a crib sheet in his crib. He’s perfectly fine and will wake up in the middle of the night regardless of a pillow or blanket. I believe if they never have it from the start, they’ll never know any different. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

@psychobutthead I don’t plan on buying much of anything new either. We still have everything from DS, so we’ll just reuse it for this one. However, I won’t be able to resist buying personalized and monogrammed things for baby #2 because I’m from the South, and it’s what you do. I also have a feeling this one is a girl. Maybe bc I’ve been so bitchy, and I’m assuming it’s from possible extra estrogen. Kidding, kind of. 😂

@peachy13 That’s so annoying. I love my SIL to death, but she can be somewhat condescending because she has twins, and I just have the one. Granted I know twins are a whole different ballgame, but let me vent about a hard day every now and then too without being one upped with “just imagine if you had that times 2”. I get it, but it shouldn’t feel like a competition. 

@liliumstargazer13 I’m that way about car seats too. The weight limit on rearfacing was my deciding factor on getting the extend2fit car seat. I think it goes to 45lbs if I remember correctly. He’s 2 and 30lbs, and if it were up to me, he’d be rear facing til college. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @peachy13 I am right there with you. My sister is a pediatric physical therapist. Ever since she went to grad school for it, she has been INSUFFERABLE. 

Examples (since I loved your list so much Duchess)...
    1. A few weeks ago, the two of us were walking to her place from dinner and she saw a man carrying a baby in a baby carrier front-facing. She had to go on this long rant about how the baby's hips will be misaligned forever.
    2. My daughter army crawled for months before finally learning to crawl. My sis would frequently comment about how my daughter would only use one leg to push herself and we might want to get it checked out.
    3. One of my daughter's toes SLIGHTLY overlaps another, she said I need to tape it or she won't be able to wear normal shoes.
    4. She is so judge-y about people using "containers" - e.g. swings, bouncers, jumperoos and what-have-you. You know, the things that help you actually put the baby down for a half a second to do something. Note she doesn't have kids but always claims when she does she will never use a "baby container"

It's no surprise that we've grown apart since I had my daughter, which is really sad to me but I just can't take her judgment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @k2k2tog - My last pregnancy, I stoically toughed out a lot of stuff because I didn't want to seem whiny. This pregnancy? Psh, I'm milking it for all it's worth. I'm not doing this ever again so I may as well enjoy the perks that come with pregnancy. I say go for it, my friend.
    Same!  I’m on progesterone supplements.  When I lay down for the required 30 minutes I keep taking naps lol
  • The minute she gets pregnant @bluesky24 buy her a “container” cause you know she’s gonna use it.  We are putting together the walker this weekend so DS can chase the dog.
  • @bluesky24 wow. That’s incredibly annoying. DS has been doing both PT and OT since he was 2 mo and 

1. I forward face often. Not for long periods of time but he loves looking out. 
    2. OMG just let her be a baby
    3. She’s FINE
    4. Every PT/OT I’ve talked to has said 20 min 3x/week is fine

• Double post! I rarely watch TV during the day and DS never does (just bc I never have it on while he’s awake) but we’re watching Coco now based on the recommendations here and it’s Friday 🤷‍♀️

• @DuchessOfCambridge I KNOW re: all your points. And yes @chucksmom15, I will absolutely buy her a swing or better yet a BUMBO - her worst nightmare.

Not to be overly dramatic, but I had a lot of anxiety at the beginning as a FTM (as I'm sure we all did) and I think her judgment actually made it much worse. I didn't do things that I now know would've made my life easier. Oh well. She's still my sister and I love her but dear lord is she hard to be around right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FFFC and possibly UO I had Long John Silver for lunch today and it was deeelicious!