December 2018 Moms
Options

Let's talk nursery furniture and decor!

Re: Let's talk nursery furniture and decor!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses! So many gorgeous nurseries!  I told my husband that picking our furniture and decor and finalizing our registry will be babymoon activities!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lexidawg I forgot to give you a glider rec - we LOVE ours. It's stain resistant (which I highly recommend for a glider, no matter what brand you get) and we typically are able to clean it up really well with just baby wipes! My DD smeared chocolate all over it a couple of days ago and I didn't notice it until hours and hours later (it was very dried on there by the time I did) and I was still able to get it off with baby wipes! It's also very comfortable. If we had room I'd get a second one for our bedroom for the first few months with this LO!

https://www.amazon.com/Babyletto-Madison-Swivel-Glider-Microsuede/dp/B0077P3U62/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532982160&sr=8-2&keywords=stain+resistant+glider+nursery&th=1
  • Options
    @maureenmce It's really cute.  Do you find it to be comfortable and roomy?  What would it be look to read books with a toddler on the lap in this chair?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I second @maureenmce. Stain resistant is everything! Also, magic erasers work amazingly well on white furniture!
  • Options
    @lexidawg I find it to be roomy and soft/comfy and I have spent oh, thousands of hours in it, reading books, rocking DD to sleep, and just relaxing with my feet up on her crib while she runs around her room like a terror, haha. I haven't tried any other gliders (we ordered this one off Amazon on a whim) so not sure how to compare it, but we love this one!

@katy0990 I really need to try a magic eraser - I hear they're amazing!
  • Options
    @asun123 I LOVE that solar system quilt!  That sun looks like a lion.  :p That is such a cute theme.

I think I forgot to mention in my PP above that our furniture for the nursery (crib, changing table, dresser and bedside table) is white and the glider is white with grey cushions. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Pottery Barn Kids has a new Harry Potter line and I waaanntt tthiiss soooo baddd....

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/harry-potter-hogwarts-map-canvas-art/?cm_src=AutoRel
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 omg I may need to start a pb kids registry now.... excuse me while I go order all the things!
  • Options
    I was caught off guard by this so I thought I would mention for first time moms: if you have a c section, don’t plan on getting in and out of a glider for a good long time. By the time I could hoist myself in and out of ours, we had just started using a small, non rocking loveseat for storytime, etc. Now with a toddler, it’s nice that both parents can sit together with the kiddo for stories too. 

That said, we were happy with the look and quality of our glider, and it didn’t have the multi-month waiting period for delivery that a lot of them do: (just went to find a link and realized without babies r us, it’s no longer for sale. RIP BRU!) It was a Little Castle glider if anyone is looking at brands. 

I toy with moving it into our bedroom because it would make a GREAT tv chair even if we don’t ever use it with our kids  :D
  • Options
    Not doing nursery right now bc my mom is coming to stay with us and needs the guest bedroom and the baby will stay in our bedroom for the first few months  :'( but love the themes here!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared For the record, I kind of want the Hogwarts map for me/my office. :p 
  • Options
    Make sure you actually like a glider before getting one.  Turns out I get motion sick in them lol.  I went with a recliner instead and some people prefer rockers to gliders
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    edited September 2018
    I remember folks saying when I was pregnant w/DD to invest in a nice glider or rocker. And we did! DD has fallen asleep so many times on our chests rocking in this chair—newborn to 2 1/2 years (now). Our Dutalier chair has been perfect even if we did spend an obscene amount of $$ on it. 
  • Options
    Love the monochrome zoo theme!  I've never seen anything like it and it's fantastic!
    DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared That looks great!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared that looks awesome!

• Options
    @katy0990 @ab_canada @morgantu @mamajudec2018 thanks, ladies!  I'm loving it so far. Mostly Facebook marketplace finds.  "Garage sale chic" as my sister likes to say lol.
  • Options
    @mcgeeva I love it so much!!! I want to do a tree wall decal like that but I so don't have the patience!  Is that a decal or paint???  In terms of hand me downs, this girl is also getting them, but from her cousins.  The clothes will be very worn and will get lots of use, but that's great!  Less waste and less money spent.  Your daughter won't even know or care!  (Until she's in middle school at least!)
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared it's just a decal from etsy and didn't take me too long. I also ordered the tree with extra branches so i could wrap around the room the way I liked. Oh I'm doing the same. 6 girlfriends had girls this year so they are passing things down as the babies grow out and I have all my stuff from my boys 7 years ago I Just need a car seat and monitor really. I refuse to waste money on stuff. Paying to have kids is costly enough and put us in a hole each time we had them so im super frugal. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @activebaby don't feel bad they only sleep in there. Again I haven't done a darn thing! Just put the crib back up. Shoot there is still toothpaste on the one animal on the wall from my son lol. It's so not worth the money. I have friends that get new cribs furniture for each kid, but we just don't have money like that and two the crib still works three kids later. So why not use what you have and save for diapers!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @omnommer awesome your getting your space back!

• Options
    @mcgeeva Yeah, we love him (he was best man in our wedding) and he's lived in the house technically longer than us even though it's ours. So it'll take some adjustments back to living just as a couple for a few months before baby comes. I am excited to get the nursery set up thought!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @activebaby Don’t feel guilty! We planned out nursery last time with intentions of using it for all of outlet children. We moved DS out and other than raising the mattress and pulling out gear and clothes, we are all set for baby.
  • Options
    ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited September 2018
    This ladies.
  • Options
    @mcgeeva I love that nursery! Super cute!
  • Options
    @mcgeeva I  think I might try a decal, that doesn't sound too bad.  Yay for hand me downs! I'm accepting them all :)

@Activebaby definitely don't feel guilty about not doing anything new. Baby won't know.  Is baby safe, warm, and loved?  That's all that's important!

@omnommer thanks!  It's actually a rug for cheap off Amazon. It's the only new thing in the entire nursery.  Hardwood floors are too harsh on the feet in winter.  Congrats on getting your space back.  Enjoy the time the 2 of you have alone together before baby comes!  The nursery will get done, and it sounds like it's well on it's way. 

@clbness thanks!  The side table is a plant stand from the garden section at big lots I got 5 years for like $10!  Was in the living room at the old house but should work great in the baby's room. 

• Options
    @Activebaby this baby will be sleeping in our bed with us for quite a few months like DS1 did, so we've done nothing. I still have DS1 (2.5 yrs) in the crib. We don't plan on moving him to a bigger bed for a while, but when we do the boys will share a room while we're in this house. We plan to move in no more than 3 years, so we're prepping this house to sell. No nursery for this baby! They'll get nice new rooms in the future and can do whatever they want with them. But, if I was doing a nursery for this kid, it would be reusing DS1s stuff! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18