February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 9/15-9/16

13»

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/15-9/16

• Options
    @cass06_07 I’m so very sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy. Sorry you can’t be there either but glad you got to see her one last time. 

In regards to being vegan I know most vegans aren’t like that (my brother is and he is super laid back about it) but I know there are a few ‘fanatics’ (which can be found in other things like religion, etc) who try to push their beliefs on others. There’s always some outliers in belief systems who can go to the extreme. I hope you didn’t take offense to what I said as I just meant those who were on the extreme end. :) 
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so tough not being able to attend the funeral as well - thinking about you and sending love <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so bizarre that anyone would care that much about what someone else is eating (unless we are talking about me and my toddler ;)).  It seems like some sort of Nexus between being controlling and insecure.
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited September 2018
    @grebretso good point! It is usually just that person’s personality versus what their actual belief is about. Unfortunately it’s these ‘loud mouths’ that get the attention and therefore often create the perception of the group. 

I know what you’re mean re: hassles from meat eaters.  I was vegetarian for a few years, then vegan (briefly, I love cheese too much) and then dabbled in eating raw for a (very) little bit. I got way more flack from people regarding how I ate then I ever have about anything before. I feel like it’s also similar for someone who choose not to drink. People don’t like when others do things differently than the ‘norm’. I think it makes them uncomfortable. 

As for sneaking meat into your brother’s meal that is awful and so disrespectful. Because people who are vegan/vegetarian are making a choice versus being allergic or what not others don’t seem to take it seriously which is really unfair and frankly, ridiculous. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @cass06_07
  • Options
    @cass06_07 so sorry for your loss, it’s terrible to lose someone close to you.

@hannahbananas11 I’ve gained like 15 pounds already this pregnancy but no medical professional has said a peep to me (thankfully). It’s like he was asking you to go tell him to eat a bag of dicks, don’t mess with pregnant ladies, ya jerk! 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words <3<3
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @cass06_07, it’s hard when you can’t attend the service :(
  • Options
    Just seeing this. I'm sorry for your loss @cass06_07 <3