February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 9/15-9/16

Re: Weekend Randoms 9/15-9/16

• Options
    @allthingsgo thank you. Yeah I wonder the same thing! It kind of freaks me out to think about having 2 that could be up at different times throughout the night

@kayjay44 my husband definitely still sleeps like a teenager lol. I wish I could!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I’m so concerned about what I’m going to do with all of their clothes the obvious thing to do is go baby shopping today.  :D
  • Options
    @cmjenkies have you tried braiding her hair before bed? 
    It’s not long enough yet fortunately. It’s super fine and currently looks like she could be the 5th member of the Beatles  :D 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits my husband and I also work seriously opposite schedules (and have for many years). I’ve got a hospital 7-4 M-F gig with one weekend per month usually, while he works F, Sa, Su, M 9P-7A (or 7P-5A). So on my days off, he’s either working or sleeping. 

We never see much of each other, but it has worked logistically with the kids. They’re 5 years apart though so my big kid doesn’t need my undivided attention (to be fair I have a super independent toddler too). Things might get interesting with number 3 though. H can’t fit 3 in the back of his car. I’ve got a Sienna so we will probably have to car swap in the summer. 

Fwiw, I don’t mind going out with 2. I always wore Lou in the Tula and Eli would walk or ride on the end of the cart. With 3 I may just not leave the house without help on the other end of the trip.
  • Options
    Anyone bought anything from Albee Baby? I'm not familiar with baby stores at all and I just came across it. They seem to have stuff for a lot cheaper than elsewhere, wondering if it's a reputable store or if their prices are low because they're shitty. Found a Chicco carseat for $60 less than it is on Amazon! It's a different color, but I don't care.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I didn’t end up getting the baby anything but scored some maternity stuff. Macy’s is having a storewide sale and Kohl’s maternity leggings were just a plain good deal. 
  • Options
    I am seriously obsessed with making food to freeze. And I’m NEVER like this. Right now I’m making this insanely involved but delicious lasagna to freeze for the winter. It’s still 85 degrees here... 

• Options
    @grebretso yup! I got our Clek car seat from them. Their rewards program was great and shipping was fast.
  • Options
    I hate the seat though. It’s microfiber (so hard to clean) and so effing heavy. 
  • Options
    Thanks @cmjenkies! I might get some stuff from there. I put a car seat, stroller and bassinet in my cart, and it ended up being $100 cheaper than on Amazon, which is more than I'd save on the 15% registry discount. Not buying anything until Black Friday though (I'm guessing there will be deals everywhere). 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I'm glad you mentioned hating it @cmjenkies, it had caught my eye. 
  • Options
    What a busy weekend. DD started gymnastics yesterday and we had a party for my SIL's birthday. Then today I had a ton of laundry and cleaning to do and a birthday party for my niece. 

Thankfully my DH made me dinner and is currently reading DD a book while I lift my feet up and relax. If only I could enjoy some wine right now.
  • Options
    What’s laundry, @Venessa88? I’m pretending mine doesn’t exist until tomorrow.
  • Options
    Holy shit. I made chili. One jalapeño, ONE! So damn spicy. I am not going to be happy later. 
  • Options
    Holy shit. I made chili. One jalapeño, ONE! So damn spicy. I am not going to be happy later. 
    Same here, and I almost added another one. Not looking forward to the heartburn.
  • Options
    Same here, and I almost added another one. Not looking forward to the heartburn.
    I’d be more concerned about the butthole burn than the heartburn  :D:D:D
  • Options
    becks_726 said:
    I'm glad you mentioned hating it @cmjenkies, it had caught my eye. 
    I’m not sure if they are all microfiber covered or not. It may just be the one that I have. I needed a narrow seat because I used to drive a Civic hatchback and it worked well for that purpose. It is an all steel frame though and it really is heavy heavy heavy. We still use it and they’re well rated seats but I probably wouldn’t buy one again. If you’re not planning on moving it much, then the weight might not be a factor. The Foonf is the larger version of the seat.
  • Options
    Looking at old pictures from my first pregnancy. I’d nearly forgotten how big my belly got the last month. What did I get myself into again? :D 
  • Options
    Looking at old pictures from my first pregnancy. I’d nearly forgotten how big my belly got the last month. What did I get myself into again? :D 
    I did the same a few days ago. I was HUGE towards the end. I’m not looking forward to being that big again. Especially with a toddler to wrangle. Though I am curious to see her reaction to my hugeness lol. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons @allthingsgo YES. I don't even remember friends of mine being that enormous towards the end. Ugh.
  • Options
    He sounds like a weirdo!
    Also, I have been drooling over the candy corn pumpkins now everywhere and I consider your admission total license to me to buy a bag stat. 
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn There's a full endcap of Brach's candy corn and candy pumpkins at my local Kroger. Let the candy corn eating commence!
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 LOL what was he going off about!!!! I haven’t been weighed since 14 weeks and am bracing myself for a pretty big jump at my appointment next week (19 weeks). But the pumpkin pie blizzard has just been CALLING to me. I have had 0 glasses of milk though lol
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 less than a pound 'over' and getting that comment, umm no!  
  • Options
    @hannabanana22 omggggg wtf does he not know not to piss off a pregnant lady? 

Also, my feelings on candy corn in a funny meme  :#

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    @hannahbananas11 your doctor sounds like a coworker of mine re: random rants. I was in the kitchen at work making a sandwich, and my coworker asked “is that Nutella?”. I’m like... no it’s Swiss cheese (where the hell did he get Nutella from?). He then went on a long rant about how he doesn’t like Nutella because it looks like poop and is pretending to be chocolate when it’s not. Okay, dude.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited September 2018
    @grebretso that is so strange but hilarious! It’s almost like he just wanted to talk about Nutella and was reaching for a way to get his feelings out! Lol. 

@hannahbananas11 that is so weird about your dr anti-milk rant. I wonder if he is a vegan or paleo or something like that. I feel like people who follow strict diets like that and are fanatical about it tend to try to work it into whatever conversation they are in at the time. Also, he’s an ass! 11lbs is fine as far as weight gain. And if you are one pound above the average why did he even have to say anything? I don’t get doctors sometimes. 
  • Options
    @allthingsgo Im vegan and I could care less what everyone else puts in their mouths.  Actually its usually the non-vegans, in my experience, that bring the subject up and try to debate me...  just saying, we're not all the same! ;)

On another note, my grandmother passed away this morning, it was coming but she's been a fighter the last year and a half... due to my placenta previa I can't fly home to go to the service, bummed but won't take the risk even if it is a short (3 hour) flight. :'(. Not having much luck this month.

• Options
    @cass06_07- So sorry for your loss and that you cannot go to the funeral. I'm sure your grandma understands wherever she is!
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I’m sorry to hear that.  It is never easy even when it is expected.  Light and love to you and yours 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @cass06_07, that’s terrible. Losing someone is hard, even when you know it’s coming. I missed the funerals of both my grandmothers due to visa reasons (I wasn’t allowed to leave the US), so I know how difficult it can be. Hopefully your family is understanding! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Oh @cass06_07 I am so sorry for your loss :( 
  • Options
    @grebretso , they totally understand.. not worried about that.  They actually said they could wait to do the service til the spring and I told them not to, to go ahead now.  Just sad, she was my last grandparent and I had been to the other services.  Fortunately I just visited her in August, so there's that.
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I’m glad you got to see her last month and that your family is understanding! But yeah, it’s really weird to be grandparent-less. Big internet hugs to you!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @cass06_07 I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I'm glad that you were able to visit with her recently. Hugs!