November 2018 Moms

Appointments and Updates w/o 9/10

2»

Re: Appointments and Updates w/o 9/10

• @ashkee05 keeping fx'd for you and baby to make 34 weeks! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Well, let's just say my standard OBGYN appointment yesterday did not go very well. I arrived and waited about 30 mins to be brought back to the patient area. The nurse and I were talking about how well everything was going with my pregnancy until she took my BP and said that it was a little high and she was going to have the doctor take it when she came in. I settled myself on the patient table and laid down for about 30 mins - almost fell asleep! - and when the doctor came in, she took my BP. She then said, "I'm going to take your BP again and then we'll decide what we're going to do". I figured I was like 130/80 or something like that, marginally high and that they would recommend I go on a low dosage of blood pressure medication. Keep in mind, I've never had an issue with my blood pressure before. She took it again and then sat down and looked me right in the eyes and said "the first measurement I took was 160/100 and the second measurement was higher than that, likely because you were anxious. I'm going to send you to the hospital." I was floored. I wound up being admitted for a few hours and my blood pressure came down to 140/70, but they're still concerned and need me to take it easy or they're putting me on bedrest. Baby was having a dance party at the hospital per usual and everything was fine with my blood and urine measurements.

I do have a very stressful job where I'm trading hundreds of millions of dollars a day, analyzing international economies and crunching tons of numbers, and they have been piling more and more work on me despite my going out in a few short months. I let my manager know what happened yesterday with the hospital admission and he is going to work on reallocating some of my work, or at least keeping my colleagues in the loop so we'll be prepared in the event something does happen relatively soon. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but it was honestly very scary. Glad I'm having my last shower this weekend so we can figure out what we still need and make those purchases in case something happens.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ginny_203 eek :( I'm so glad your BP came down and that your boss is willing to work with you on changing your workload etc. How scary! Praying your BP stays under control and your body & LO cooperates! Glad they took percautions and had you being monitored even if it sucks to go through. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @ginny_203 I'm glad your BP went down. FX things stay that way and you are able to reduce your stress so you dont have to go on Bed Rest. Hugs, I know that was super stressful/scary.
  • @ginny_203 glad your BP came down and FX you don’t have to go on bed rest. Hoping your work team helps you out and takes some of the work load off of you! 
  • @ginny_203 what a crazy scary ride. i’m glad that it went down enough for you to go home. i really hope it stays in a safe range for you.
  • @ginny_203 What a scare! I hope it continues to stay down and your manager is able to move some of your work load. Hopefully you have a super low key weekend planned. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @ginny_203 ugh, here's hoping it's just a fluke and perhaps this is just momentary stress. Did they put you on any blood pressure meds also? Thoughts are with you!
  • @ginny_203 that must be so scary! I hope you can get a break at work so your bp stays down! 

• emjohn517emjohn517 member
    edited September 2018
    @ginny_203 oh gosh, ugh. I have been there. It’s so stressful. Hopefully things calm down a little bit. It’s good nothing showed in your urine yet! That usually means you still have time. Glad baby is doing ok. 

Also, I’m not sure they’ll put you on a BP med at this point? Last time my OB told me that oral meds wouldn’t be effective this far along, that meds and an aspirin regimen would need to be started in 1st tri to prevent future complications. Once your kidneys and organs start getting affected, the only cure is delivery. They can do IV meds for temporary drop in BP. That’s IF it’s truly pre-e and not just a random stressful bp reading. 
  • Thanks everyone! Baby is still loving life and I'm over here just wondering if my BP is 180/120 right now since I didn't have any symptoms yesterday when it was so high.

@emjohn517 that's really helpful to know, thanks. I was hoping there might be an easy solution like medication but it sounds like there might not be. My cousin was preeclamptic and gave birth at 32-33 weeks both times. Hoping we can hold on a while longer!  
  • @ginny_203 you can purchase a blood pressure reader at most stores with a decent pharmacy area. we bought one for about $50 from target a few years back after dh had a bad reading at the doctors office once (and we later figured out it’s just white coat syndrome in his case). it just goes over the wrist and does its thing after you push a button. it came with a storage box about the size of a watch box, so pretty portable if you want to take it with you to the office. may be worth looking into just for some peace of mind between ob visits.
  • @ginny_203 - I am so sorry your appointment didn't go as planned with your BP being high. I'm glad it came down and I hope it stays down for as long as possible. Thinking of you and sweet baby!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @ginny_203 Yikes how scary. Happy your BP came down. That job does sound stressful, and I’m hoping taking a step back will help your bp. Good reason to start getting weekly prenatal massages i if you ask me  :) Thinking of you and your babe. It’s never fun to get blindsided with scary news. 
  • @wannaflickone I had no idea about the breech baby "prime flipping" window! That's good to know
  • @eahayes Our sonogram tech is an ex-midwife, so she clued us in a bit. We still have a decent amount of space in that window so baby can move more freely. Amniotic fluid is also at a good level to help with it all. I'm hoping this is my week!
    Pregnancy Ticker