December 2018 Moms

STM Check In 9/12

2»

Re: STM Check In 9/12

• Loading the player...
  • @nawmin  I am glad you enjoyed your trip! If you are looking for ideas, we took my son to build a bear and he made an animal for the baby. 
  • @nawmin single parenting is sooooooooo rough. and honestly unless
    somethjng goes terribly wrong in my marriage, I will be doing what I said I would never do, staying married for the kids. Which really means staying married for my personal health and sanity. 

im mostly joking, as there is nothing going on in my marriage. But the last few days has made me sooooooo appreciative of my active and supportive H. Single mom’s are effing Superhero’s. I am not cut out for it. And sense I know my strengths and weaknesses I am going to be making sure to do all in my power to not be single mom. 

Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @krob I've randomly found myself thinking that I'd rather stay in a roommate type situation with my husband than parent alone. No reason behind it because DH and I are fine, like yours, but yes. It's freaking hard and every single parent out there deserves a gold freaking medal.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @krob I would totally suck as a single parent. I've often told DH he's not allowed to die anytime soon for that reason!! I will say, my parents divorced when I was in 6th grade and have always been civil at the very least, but luckily they do still get along well enough to chat during birthday parties and stuff. IF (huge if) DH and I were to ever divorce, I hope we'd at least be civil like my parents have been.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I’ve told H he also isn’t allowed to die. But i have a friend on backup already. I told him he’s have to be step-dad. He can even date other women, but nope, not doing this on my own. LOL
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • I'm pretty sure if H ever died or we got divorced my in-laws would let me and the kids move in with them and support us financially. MIL has said that she'll disown my husband if we split :joy: She's cray but at least she likes me.

Anyway, you guys are all making me very nervous for when he leaves on Monday. I know we'll get through it one day at a time though. 

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon you’ll def make it through. just can’t promise it will be enjoyable
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • @PensiveCrayon You will rock it! And he will owe you BIG when he gets back!
  • @nawmin Thank you. A vacation without children?!?! Sounds amazing. :)

@AGK2015 :D:D I need to get nailed. DH's work schedule is ruining my life. lol My son climbs on top of his changing table too. I can't wait until baby girl's room is cleaned out so I can move it. Good luck with potty training!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @agk2015 Good luck with potty training! Being pregnant is a great time to potty train, since you are going to the bathroom every 30 minutes anyway  :D
  •  I have a question. My son is potty trained during the day, but still wears a diaper at naptime and bedtime. In the morning, he wakes up soaked and pees through his sheets probably 3 to 4 times a week. Is there a brand of diaper that anyone can recommend for overnight? I have been looking at some of the nighttime diapers, but some of them don’t seem to be that much thicker and they cost twice as much, so I’m just curious if anyone has a favorite brand.
  • @katy0990 The only advice I have is I saw someone mention putting an extra pad like this https://www.amazon.com/Sposie-Booster-Diaper-Doubler-Count/dp/B0083973FK

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @katy0990 I think it partly depends on the shape of your kid and what brands fit well - or if you need to size up. Pampers or up & up (target brand) fit my kid well. 

The other things is potentially limiting fluids more from dinnertime on, so the volume of pee isn’t so high. 
  • We also limit fluids as much as reasonable!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @katzalia We have tried Up & Up, Luvs, and Pampers.  They all work fine at naptime. He just pees so much overnight! I sized up in each of them and it didn’t seem to help. We use Huggies once when he was a newborn, and they just didn’t seem to fit right, so I have not bought them cents. It has been two years though, so maybe his body shape has changed? 

@katzalia @texas_t   When you limit fluids, do you tell them no if they ask? We do not offer him anything to drink after dinner, but he typically asks for some water before bed and to be honest, it has been so hot lately and he is so active, that I think I would feel bad telling him no. 

• Re: limiting fluids. We push fluids earlier in the day, but not in the evenings. We got a smaller cup for her at dinner time, and if she is thirsty at bedtime, I give her a cup with a sip or two of water in it. 

Before we started night training (I know that’s not what you’re asking about, but similar issue), we would have one of her straw waterbottles in her bedroom at night to prevent the million reasons to get up. But it hasn’t been a big deal to limit, and you can talk about why (“so there’s no pee-pee leaks”) in a way he can understand. 

We also have DD pee before bath and then pee again right before bed, which helped a lot. The second pee made such a difference for us. 
  • @katy0990 we hated Huggies when DS2 was a newborn, and have used solely Pampers his whole life. But then someone gifted us a box of Huggies overnights, and I feel like somehow they’re different? We haven’t had any leakage problems. So now we do Pampers during the day & Huggies overnight.
  • @mrsm224 Thanks! Target has 2 coupons for those, so I’m going to give them a shot!

@Katzalia Thanks! I feel like at 2.5 (just yesterday) he isn’t quite ready for overnight training. How old was your DD when you tackled that?  I’ll put less water in his water bottle, if he asks for it. We do have him go potty literally minutes before putting him in bed, which is part of why I’m shocked by how much he pees overnight!
  • rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 I’ve been having this problem and just recently got the diaper pads @texas_t mentioned above. They seem to work really well and we haven’t had a leak since. She was peeing all over herself several times a week before that. I think @maureenmce was the one who mentioned them a while ago. So I use pamper overnights and one of those pads and we’re leak free!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited September 2018
    @katy0990 yeah, I wouldn’t do the overnight training yet. We did it at 4. I just meant that we’ve been thinking about some of the same issues about trying to get less volume of pee over night.  :) We did some of the same things with nightime pullups when we were having pee leaks at night. 
  • edited September 2018

@katy0990 I've found that my son (usually) doesn't leak through the pampers over night or the huggies overnight diapers. They have to be the overnight ones though, that claim to have 12 hour protection. I don't usually limit what he drinks before bed. I should, and probably will once he starts sleeping without a diaper, but not right now. He actually sleeps with his water bottle in bed with him, I get thirsty in the middle of the night, so I know sometimes he might too. lol OR you could try doubling up diapers, but that might not be comfortable for him.

@maureenmce Aww. I hope your DD is feeling better!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018