May 2019 Moms

PGAL Check In Week Of 9/12

2»

Re: PGAL Check In Week Of 9/12

• @sagems10 That's so great!! Congrats on the wonderful u/s! Enjoy it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @sagems10 that is so great!!!!!! I feel like my 8 week ultrasound (Thursday) is my big milestone...definitely getting nervous for it!  

@journey721 try not to worry about the cramping...it’s more than likely a good sign!  I try to remind myself that it’s good if my uterus is making moves.  
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • Loading the player...
  • @thebobloblaw. PGAL is hard enough. Having red discharge freaks me out even knowing it’s from the supposotories. Had an ultrasound today and little peanut had a heartate around 106. So they must be working!! Praying we all get great results 
  • @DressageDarling @thebobloblaw @thismustbethemom @GeorgiaGirl1230 thank you so much for your excitement and support! You guys are a awesome. 

@BWhitta this was totally a milestone moment for me. I really hope everything looks perfect on your ultrasound! Please let us know how it goes. Sending good baby vibes your way. 

@brichanelle I'm so glad your ultrasound went well! It's the most comforting thing. I'm also on progesterone, but mine are yellow. I just found some brands are red recently, what a horrible thing to do! I wonder if you could talk to your pharmacy and see if they have any other brands? 
  • @troystory17 mine went from 14 to 10.2 and they didn’t call me for 3 days with the results because it was a weekend. 😐 I’m very happy to hear you had a successful pregnancy though! 

@BWhitta i hope you’re right! It’s more pressure than cramps so I’m of course googling the difference now 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• I had my ultrasound today- so nervous since loss. Everything was in the right place and they could see the start of the yolk sac.  I am only 5 weeks 2 days but a good start! Next u/s is on the 24th where we should be able to see the heartbeat if it continues to progress!  Starting to feel hopeful now! 
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 4 weeks. Poppyseed.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I've had light spotting, which has happened with each of my prior losses. It's likely unrelated, but it's really making me really pessimistic. Other than that, feeling fine.

3. Any appointment updates? 1st appt. on Friday. I know it's super early for a 1st appt, but I want to discuss the spotting and I need to get the green light to keep running.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone here have a trainer? I have a training session on Tuesday. I don't really want to tell her I'm pregnant this early, especially since I might have to un-tell her, but I'm not sure if that's all that responsible.

5. GTKY: With fall just around the corner, what is your favorite fall activity? Hiking. I love the weather and being out in nature with all the colored leaves blowing around my feet.
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 6W 6D

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Physically, the MS is so out of control. Not manageable at all (like my first successful pregnancy). I picked up a script of Diclegis yesterday and thus far has brought the nausea under control. Mentally I'm....okay. I miscarried at 10 weeks in April. I would describe the entire pregnancy as "odd." We weren't really trying and I had trouble figuring out when we conceived. We were in the middle of selling our house, building a new house in a different state, and moving with two large dogs a cat and a toddler. Timing wasn't the best. I had spotting and bleeding almost the entire 10 weeks, which I never did with my first pregnancy. TBH it never felt "right." The intense symptoms this time are easing my mind.

3. Any appointment updates? October 5th with my midwife! 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? nausea and food/meat aversions suck. I also miss prosecco :neutral:

5. GTKY: With fall just around the corner, what is your favorite fall activity? College football! We are Rutgers season ticket holders.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ruby696 The trainers are my gym are one of the very few people that know. They ask that we tell them just in case anything were to happen. I told them with my last pregnancy too and they were so understanding when I came back after my miscarriage. 
  • Sorry in advance, but I need to let out a rant somewhere and here feels the safest. I called to schedule my 7 week viabilty scan and my doctor has no availability most of the week, plus the receptionist was snotty since “they don’t generally do scans that early”. 

I don’t know if my hormones are just raging or what, but I had such bad anxiety for hours after that call, to the point of wanting to cry. I found out at my first ultrasound last pregnancy that I was miscarrying, and I really want/need my OB to be the one to discuss the scan with me after. But I am also going to be an anxious mess up until it’s over and don’t want to put it off more days than I need to.

To top it off they could not find a vein at my blood draw and now both arms and the tops of both of my hands are bruised... and I won’t know results til Monday! If you made it through this rant, thank you. I forgot how strong these hormones can get!
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited September 2018
    @DressageDarling Ugh, I know you're right. I love my trainer, but one of the other trainers specializes in prenatal/postnatal training and I kinda want to use her. That might get awkward.

@thebobloblaw Sorry about the snotty receptionist. I flat out told the receptionist at my doctor's office that I'd already had three losses and I needed to be seen early for blood work. Maybe they'll let someone else see you earlier for repeat labs to make sure your betas are doubling?

ETA: spelling is hard.
  • @thebobloblaw I’m so sorry, snotty receptionists are the worst. I had a bad one when I called to make my first (early) appt as well and she kept fighting me on it. I did cry for quite a while after! Those calls are stressful enough to make after a loss without having to deal with push back. Sorry you have to wait until Monday for results, fingers crossed everything looks good!
  • @thebobloblaw so sorry you had to deal with that. You would think they would be nicer dealing with pregnant women all day everyday. 
  • Hey ladies, I hope it’s okay if I join in? I had 3  losses before my son was born 4 years ago. Although it’s been a while since I’ve had to worry, I’ve found that my PGAL brain is still fully functional 😑

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 6 weeks, a sweet pea 

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?
    Mentally, I’m a bit of a wreck. I want to be optimistic about this but the realist side of my brain keeps saying not to get too comfortable. Physically, I’m exhausted and I am having nausea (usually at night). But I will gladly put up with any of these symptoms and worse because I know it means I’m still pregnant. 

3. Any appointment updates?
    I’ve got an appointment with a new OB in about a week. I’ve recently moved 2.5 hours away from my old OB and I’m really sad I won’t have him anymore. He was amazing with my PGAL worries. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?
    None so far...

5. GTKY: With fall just around the corner, what is your favorite fall activity? 
    I know it’s totally cliché but I LOVE going to the corn maze/pumpkin patch. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I’m excited to take my son to do all the fun fall stuff now that he’s 4 and actually cares and will remember the fun stuff. 
  • @ruby696 my betas are the result I have to wait til Monday to get since there’s no one to review them over the weekend, which is understandable. I did get my results from my first 2 back and they are doubling so far, so at least I have that. 

@aels12 and @bpietronicco thanks for the kind words. I woke up feeling much better today!

@keighty80 I’m so excited for pumpkin patches and apple orchards too. Agree 4 is such a fun age for them!
  • @thebobloblaw I’m so sorry about your offices crap way of handling this for you. My office will only do 2 betas (if they’re doubling, no more) and make you wait til 7-8 weeks for an ultrasound— no matter what. I got them to agree to an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days (6 days away) but i literally had to call 5 times and my annoyance worked. I told them that my mental health was just as important as a viable pregnancy. They were quiet on the other line. 💁🏻‍♀️
  • @journey721 a nurse should be calling me back on Monday about the scan, that is a good idea of how to explain why I don’t want to put it off farther out than what the doc requested
  • @thebobloblaw Sorry you had to deal with that receptionist. I'm glad you are speaking to a nurse on Monday. In my experience, asking to speak to a nurse makes things a lot easier. They're often more understanding and will pass on your concerns to your doctor, who has the ultimate say about scheduling. That's how I managed to sneak in a viability ultrasound before my OB's official first appt availability. I hope it works out!! 
  • @ruby696 that is pretty cool there is a trainer there that specializes in that! My gym’s trainers have to take a class, but none of them actually specializes in it. I’m sure they’ll understand you switching, but I would totally feel awkward about it too. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?
    3w6d

Mentally I feel cautiously optimistic. The anxiety hasn't set in just yet, but this is only day 4 of knowing. My loss was at 19.5 weeks (TFMR due to severe NTD) and I don't think I will know for sure until around the anatomy scan that this baby is clear from the same defects. 

First appointment is 9/24. I hope to learn then what tests they recommend and when as well has how many ultrasounds I will have there and at the MFM. I switched back to the practice I went to for my first pregnancy. The awesome doc I saw at my preconception appointment didn't have any availability until the end of October, so I am hoping the doctor I will see is good. I will send her a message soon so she has a heads up about my history and can hopefully be prepared as it's a very rare defect.

My auto-correct doesn't work well in this app and I will need to proofread my comments carefully which I know won't happen, very annoying.

Halloween festivities with our 3.5 year old. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

7weeks! I’ve known I was pregnant for two and a half weeks already. The longest 2.5 weeks ever! 

I am exhausted physically. I also have a sick 2 year old. And now a sick husband. Mentally I’m terrified. We had our MMC at 16 weeks and I feel like I can’t relax a little until we get past that. That’s 10 more weeks! Thank God my doctor will see me whenever I need for whatever. So, I’m having my second ultrasound on Tuesday. 

Our first ultrasound was 10 days ago. We thought we were farther along but only 5 weeks then. We have our second ultrasound Tuesday 9/18 and first doctor appointment Thursday 9/20.

Anxiety go away!!!!!

My favorite fall activity is baking everything pumpkin and apple! Also, for me, planning my Christmas decorations!! My favorite holiday of the year! 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • @DressageDarling I'm hoping my trainer suggests the switch. I only see her every other week, so it's not like she's making a ton of money off me. Fingers crossed!
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited September 2018
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5 weeks 1 day, apple seed

Kind of in shock, no major emotion either way. We weren’t trying at all and I had zero desire to test so really just waiting to see what happens. 

3. Any appointment updates? No appts yet, just contacted my dr.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? None today. Kind of happy I’m not dealing with any anxiety yet.

5. GTKY: With fall just around the corner, what is your favorite fall activity? All the things! Fall is my favorite and we just recently moved more north from SC, so I am happy to be able to experience it again. 

Edited because words

• 4. Rants/Raves/Questions? nausea and food/meat aversions suck. I also miss prosecco

I'm with you! I miss prosecco too! And my daily or every other day glass of wine. 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • @troystory17

I won't tell my 11 year old until I get my first ultrasound at 9 weeks. 

We told her almost as soon as we found out with the pregnancy before my son.  Then the next week we lost it. 

It was terrible because she was 7 and excited to have her first sibling sl she told everyone.  I had to go back and untell all the people she told and she just wouldn't understand when I tried to tell her things had changed and I wouldn't be having one. 

With our rainbow baby I told her the same amount of time I plan to with this one after the first ultrasound. 
    Aww I feel with you and so Im hopeful this is healthy successful pregnancy!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How did I miss this board?

I'm 5 wks today

Feeling scared as last night i had pinkish brown discharge ...I was treated with methotrexate this time last yr for an ectopic. I only had two beta readings over 48 hours last week and it went from 65 to 220 in 48hrs which gave me hope. Now i am lying here trying to figure out if this rectal pressure (sorry, we are clearly gettin to know eachother fast today folks) and tight pain in pelvis is gas, stretching or if I should brace myself for a loss.

I have nausea and sore breasts but this pregnancy I have been more active so fatigue is just coming earlier in the evening.

My ultrasound is booked for friday (i would be 5 wks 4 days) but Im thinking to ask for one sooner

Question: anyone in a similar boat?

GTKY: I am excited about fall wardrobes 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml