October 2018 Moms

Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Sept 7)

This check-in is for October 2018 Babies who are now pooping in diapers and their sleep deprived Moms. 

1) How old is baby; any milestones or brags this week?

2) How are you feeling, Mom?

3) Rants / Raves / Questions?

4) GTKY: what are you afraid of? Spiders, clowns, anything atypical?

Re: Bouncing Baby Check-in (Week of Sept 7)

• Loading the player...
  • @momtobx2 I know I'm probably jumping the gun because you'll update us thursday but did she get to come home? 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mylitta - What brand of pump do you have at home?  If you are using a Spectra or a Madela, you are probably fine.  

I would ask the lactation consultants in your NICU for advice though.  One of my coworker’s insurance didn’t offer a Spectra or Madela and she ended up with a different brand and lost her supply before it could even be established.  

Also, the pharmacy at my hospital offered hospital grade pump rental- so there would not have been any waiting going that route.  Again- your hospital’s LCs will probably know all about local options for getting a pump.  
  • I have a medela PISA at home. I loved it and it should still be fine. The LC said that it would work fine, but if my insurancewill cover a hospital grade she thought it'd be more beneficial. 
    However my insurance makes it a huge hassle to get anything accomplished. They go through one preferred pump provider that you pretty much need a ritual sacrifice to speak to a person. And then the answer is typically, "go to a different online resource, I don't know."
    Maybe I'll just use what I've got and not stress about it. 
  • Insurance sucks. Sorry you have to deal with that.  
  • @Mylitta did you like the hospital one? I hated mine and didn't get much until I started using my spectra. 

I love hearing how well all the babies are doing! 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @princessandthegator I have no issue with the hospital pumps (ours has the medela symphony)... however. As I said before I'm doing a regular pumping cycle, not the preemie or whatever cycle. I think that worked well for a couple pumps, but I didn't feel like it was stimulating anything. I remembered my milk came in with DS last time when I pumped, but they hadn't shown me how to use the special program. And then milk. So I pumped regularly twice - milk! I think the idea is the preemie function is good, but it doesn't stimulate my milk to come in, just get what colostrum there is out. 

@knottieamusements Thanks. I'm going to try a different pump provider that should still billl my insurance. They can't refuse because it's not thier 'preferred.' Also I'd like to try the spectra s1. But the 'preferred' will only do the s2. I understand I'll likely have to pay a bit, but that's fine. I want the option. 

Thank you guys!