Infertility

Oct 2018 FET

Hi everyone!
A little about me, me and DH are married since Feb 2015 and have been trying to conceive actively since then, we got pregnant a month after we got married which unfortunately ended up to m/c (week 9). By end of 2015 because we couldn't get pregnant again we had our 1st appt with a RE. We started 1st with Femara only, tried 3 cycles (BFN), and started running tests, DH sperm analysis was good, we moved to post coital test which was normal, then HSG which was normal as well and was diagnosed unexplained infertility. We did 3 IUIs with femara/clomid with this clinic, not monitored with just the OPK and they all failed. Frustrated we went to see a different doc specialized in hormones balance, but not a RE and that was July 2017. she put me on Dexamethasone and femara, tried 3 cycles all BFN and Jan 2018 went back to a new RE but a different clinic. We had 2 more IUIs monitored this time, with higher dose of femara and HCG trigger, both BFN and moved to IVF. July-Aug 2018 1st IVF cycle, with 33 eggs retrieved, 21 matured and 14 fertilized. Did a fresh transfer in Aug with 4AA transfered but failed. we had 9 that made it to freeze all ranging in the Bs and we have a FET scheduled for 10/24. 
Can't wait to meet my Oct-18 FET buddies! but very sorry you have to end up here with me and hope that we can be a really good support and learn from each other, GL to you all and welcome to Oct-2018 FET!

Re: Oct 2018 FET

• leilee101leilee101 member
    edited September 2018
    Hi @babydust2507 .. thank you for starting this thread! That's amazing that you have so many frozen, would you ever consider putting more than one back in?

I am not sure yet if I will be October or November, but hope it's ok that I hang out here nonetheless. Quick intro: my H has been diagnosed with azoospermia and we got that devastating diagnosis almost exactly one year ago after he had a mTese surgery and no sperm was found. We have since made the difficult decision to use donor sperm, we did one IUI (resulted in CP) and then just moved onto IVF. Cycle was in May and we did a fresh transfer that was BFN, first FET was in July and BFP that unfortunately just ended in a miscarriage. We still have one frozen so we hope to transfer as soon as my cycle resets, which my RE predicts will be in about a month and then he wants to do a saline sono to make sure everything is all clear in there. I hope this last frostie works and I do not have to cycle again, but if it comes down to that we will do the PSG testing. Looking forward to getting to know you and whomever else pops up on this thread, I have found this board more than helpful and supportive during my last couple cycles. 

ETA: October is my birthday month, my favorite month, and I do believe it's the luckiest month so feeling optimistic for anyone that ends up here :) 
  • **TW**

Joining the Oct FET group! 

ME: 45  Old & endometriosis / DH: 44 Low motility – trying to conceive since 2015. 

-April 2016 – IVF with own eggs – 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5.  PGD tested, both abnormal.

-March 2017 – robotic surgery to remove fibroid.

-September 2017,moved to frozen egg donor cycle (since we live in FL no fresh egg donor were allowed due to zika) – 6 frozen eggs, 5 made it through thawing, 3 fertilized.  Transferred 1, BFP then M/C at 5.5 weeks.

-April 2018 – FET, transferred 1, BFP then M/C at 5.2 weeks.

-June 2018 – Laparoscopy to remove piece of fibroid inside the wall (not possible to remove with robotic surgery) and clean up any endometriosis.

Currently on BCP and starting Lupron on 9/12 for a tentative Oct 13th FET with our last embryo.  This time in addition to acupuncture 2x a week, I am seeing a naturopath, who recommended a fertility/pregnancy protocol and a anti inflammatory diet (gluten free, dairy free and grass fed/free range & organic diet).

I hope October treats us great! Good luck to all!

• Loading the player...
  • welcome to the FET lucky month Oct-18, yeah! feeling excited!
     @leilee101 October is my DH birthday month too, hope he's luckier than me and october will be our month, because the IVF cycle was in July which was my birthday month although the fresh transfer was in August, but happy early birthday! when is it exactly? My RE recommended us to transfer only 1, and just like you I'm starting thinking of PGS testing if after couple transfers we still end up to a BFN but hope it will not be the case. And I really hope that you'll be scheduled for october, I hate the wait! My cycle started 08/25 and i was hoping to be scheduled for september but that didn't happen, they're putting me on BCP for a whole month, ugh! 
    @mama2b1974 sorry you had to go thru all these m/cs, did they say if it was due to the fibroids or if it was a genetic issue? Looks like you'll be the first one to have your transfer so far! I'm currently on BCP too but my transfer is not until 10/24. My protocol is Estrace and PIO. I will try to lose the weight I gained during and after the IVF cycle. It looks like you are preparing yourself very well, I love it! wishing you the best of luck!
  • Hi all!
    I'm pretty sure I'll be having my FET at the beginning of Oct and not the end of Sept.
    A bit about me, DH and I are both 26 and have been TTC since 2016. In 2016 I was diagnosed with POF and tried 2 rounds of IVF, one made it to ER; 3 retrieved but none fertilized :(. One round of clomind... nada. REs told me my best chance was a donor egg. A lovely woman (friend of a friend) volunteered to be our egg donor and I am now on lupron and just had my baseline blood tests and starting estrogen. Our donor is beginning stims next week which puts us at a possible FET around Oct 1-3!
    Looking forward to seeing every ones journey!
    TTC since 2016
    Me: 26 DH: 26
    Low AMH/ High FSH
    POF/POI  :/
    2 Failed IVF :/ (one with 3 follies retrieved-none fertilized, the other cancelled due to leading follicle)
    1 Failed clomid :/
    On to DE! :#
  • @babydust2507 Thanks for starting Oct FET and hello to all! 
    Not 100% sure I will be Oct but i'm sure as hell pushing for it! A little about our story ... we've been waiting an eternity for our first FET!! We did our ER in Dec 2017 bc of MFI, we have 5 PGS normal embryos waiting for us and 3 mosaics. I had uterine septum surgery in Jan 18 and was benched for a few months after that then I've been having some issues with my current clinic.. We have an appointment on 9/14 and hopefully will sort the issues out and we'll either be moving forward with our FET or we'll be leaving that clinic and moving on to another with our embryos.
    Like @leilee101 Oct is my birthday month and def hands down my favorite month here in NJ when the weather cools , the foliage begins and it’s boots and sweater weather! Looking forward to hopefully being in this group and that Oct is our month! 

• @babydust2507 No real explanation for the recurrent MC, since my donor is 22.  After the last one, my RE said that the only thing he could think of as a reason was a "bad vibe" from the remaining of the fibroid, though it was inside the wall and should not interfere with the pregnancy, so that is why he suggested a laparoscopy, also because of my history with endometriosis.  Last night my acupuncturist said that maybe the scar tissue could have been a reason too, which was also removed....who knows!!  My RE doesn't agree but I think the inflammation from the endo condition plays a part.  So basically I am doing all I can from my side, eat well, exercise, acupuncture, meditation and pray for the best.

• Welcome ladies to the group! @purplg8r, that's a sign that both of you embies came back normal after your PGS test, October is yours! And that's exciting October 3rd is less than a month for you now! And will be praying for no delay, GL to you and FX!
    @madscientist22 you will be transfer buddy with @purplg8r, whoop whoop! And that's a real blessing to know your donor, I think... GL to you and looking forward to hearing you guys updates since you all gonna be among the first ones!
    Happy early birthday @ndz2018, when is it exactly? Hope you'll be able to sort things out with to your clinic to avoid any more delays with those healthy embabies waiting for you! Unless you don't wanna have to mess with them anymore because it's also important to have a peace of mind during this stressful process especially with the people you're gonna have to work with. GL to you!
    @mama2b1974, totally understand the frustration, it's same as unexplained infertility, but I'm glad you're doing your best on your end and will be praying that October is our lucky month for all of us!
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @babydust2507 Thank you but its still about a month away ;) on 10/4! 

@purplg8r 10/3 is a great day for an FET, it’s my niece birthday and the day before mine ;)  

@mama2b1974 Sounds like you’re doing everything possible to make this happen. Have you tried CBD oil for inflammation from the endo? I dont Have endo but my friend does and she takes CBD oil for that and a few other ailments. 

@madscientist22 Sounds like you may be first up for the Oct  FET board! That’s so great you know you who your donor is! 

Also I threw this together real quick! Let me know if you guys want me to add anything and if you can edit   ??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hp2DYP3NKffgFo3JJkKIs8GCCKUfoa3TUWWPs_Z-IT0
  • babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited September 2018
    @ndz2018 Thank you for adding the calendar! and also 10/04 is less than a month for me, one day less! I'll take it! better than 10/24  ;)
  • Hello everyone! DH is 31 and I’m 30. Hunny has low everything for his SA (male factor) and I have not the best eggs. We’ve been through this infertility rollercoaster since 2012. We done a few IUI’s, a couple IVF’s and an FET. Second IVF was a BFP but ended in an 14 week loss. Then a month later got pregnant on our own. Little one is now 4 and we are ready for a sibling. 2018 will hopefully be our last IVF. Did our cycle in August. 18 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized only 2 came back PGD normal. Both are frozen until transfer in October. RE recommend doing a mock FET with ERA to get a better chance of BFP. October is also my bday month but also the month I had my miscarriage 5 years ago. So hoping for great news in October. Good luck to all of us. 
  • @ndz2018 I haven't heard about the CBD oil, I will check with my naturopath, though I think part of my protocol is focused on endo inflammation, taking NAC, fish oil and curcumin for that.
    Thanks for putting together the spreadsheet!
  • @ndz2018 Thank you for adding the calendar! and also 10/04 is less than a month for me, one day less! I'll take it! better than 10/24  ;)
    HA I meant my birthday is 10/4 ... not 100% sure what our FET date is yet. I have an appointment next week to speak to the doctor... I am expecting AF any day now so if I get I'm going on BCP till next fri.

@mama2b1974 It's an oil derived from the hemp plant but don't worry it is THC free and  a non-psychoactive cannabinoid ...It totally safe! I take it , my dog takes it for his arthritis, and my mom is going to start taking it soon...she has a rare type of lymphoma and I feel like CBD oil will help with her inflammation that is causing nephropathy in her feet.... can't hurt , right??

@jangcorrea29 Welcome!

• @babydust2507 thanks for starting this board. And how exciting to have so many frozen! I’m really hoping that maybe my problem has just been that the embryos never made it far and now that these two did, we’ll be successful 

@leilee101 FX that this FET is it for you!

@mama2b1974 hopefully the surgeries and procedures will help with your next FET 

@madscientist22 yay for early October FETs!

@ndz2018 I hope you get everything worked out with your clinic and if not, find one that you’re more comfortable with. Also, could you walk me there how to edit the spreadsheet on my phone please?

@jangcorrea29 do you know when your mock FET will be?
  • @purplg8r when you clink on the link is should allow you to “tap” on the next free line and edit your info... maybe you need the google doc app on your phone? Not sure but if it doesn’t work I dont Mind filling in the info if you’d like! 
  • @ndz2018 thanks!  I download the sheets app and it worked!! 

@roisis when will you have the testing?
  • @babydust2507 thank you for starting this. 

About us. I’m 35 DH 36 TTC for 6 years. 1 failed IUI, 1 failed IVF that gave us 4 embryos 2 transfered BFN 2 frozen non tested. I just got my BFN yesterday and AF today my clinic said I can jump right in to a FET or wait if we need the time. We are just going for it since it gives me something to look forward to. They said FET takes about 6 weeks of planning so I’m thinking Mid-end October. 

Praying for good cycles for all of us!!!
  • Catching up now! I have been super busy with work,TGIF!
    @jangcorrea29 welcome to the group! and that is a amazing story you have with your miracle baby! wish you the best of luck for baby#2 and hope that October will be the lucky month! we had a lot of birthdays in October, that is interesting!
    Oh ok @ndz2018 I misunderstood you! so you're gonna be on BCP for a week only?
    @purplg8r, thank you for motivating me with the 9 frozen but since they are untested and the fresh transfer failed I don't know if i should be excited about it or not. My RE keeps on saying that I have more chance because of the numbers but what if only 1 or none of them are good. I don't wanna have to go thru this 9 times! with the stress and all that and still ended to BFN, but i guess I have to stay positive so FX! and hoping that yours will work too this time!
    welcome to the group @roisis and sorry you had to go thru these M/Cs, praying for your miracle baby on your next FET. I know it's hard to stay positive but we have each other to cheers us up! and enjoy your vaca it will b good for you! 
    @knottiee829c I am so sorry to see you here! I was really hoping for your BFP, again sorry and hope that October will be our month!

• So I added a birthday column to the calendar, I figured that it will be nice to keep up with everyone birthdays since we have so many October birthdays, so feel free to add your birthday and have good weekend!
  • (Lurking)

waves to @roisis! Glad to see you back in the saddle. Hope you and DH have a lovely holiday. Quite jealous.  Hoping this next transfer is the one (for you and me both)!  [im ten days out from my transfer]. Crossing all my fingers and toes. :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @purplg8r I was actually in with my RE on Thursday and he said we could do the test then if we wanted. So the nurse drew 6(!) vials of blood from me (only 1 from DH!!) but then discovered that it was too late in the day to send away the Karytope ones - I believe they have to be couriered to mainland Europe within the one day for the testing to be done. So we're back in on Tuesday morning to get them done. These results can take 3-5wks but RE is happy to start my FET protocol even if they're not back. It would have to show some seriously bad problem for me to agree to cancel this transfer!
    Hi and welcome @knottiee829c  - sorry about your BFN, that's tough. But it's great that you're ready to get back in straight away <3
    Thank you @babydust2507 . I can understand being stressed about the thoughts of doing this 9 times. Do you know how many you are planning to transfer? Actually - if you don't mind I just added a column for that in the spreadsheet - since it's a common question too. Excellent idea on adding the birthday column (says the lady who's birthday is in 2 weeks :wink: )
    Hey @northbeach3! lovely to see you <3 Thanks for the good wishes - here's hoping this Autumn is the season for us all! Best of luck with your transfer - I'll be lurking in to keep an eye on your too :)
    Happy weekend everyone :D
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Hello All!  Jumping in as well as we are planning an October FET.  

A little recent history.  We did a retrieval cycle in July with PGS testing.  From this, we have two normal hatching blastocysts waiting for us.  I put the rest of my history in the spoiler if you are interested.

Current plan is do an endometrial scratch on the 14th of this month, my period should (hopefully) show up about a week after that, and then meds will start soon after.  We are doing a stimulated FET so will be doing Gonal F.   Hopefully that puts us inline for an early October transfer!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and am hopeful that this is our month!  It sounds like we have a lot of Birthdays so that has to be a good sign, right? :smile: 

Good luck everyone! 
  • So I added a birthday column to the calendar, I figured that it will be nice to keep up with everyone birthdays since we have so many October birthdays, so feel free to add your birthday and have good weekend!
    LOVE IT!!!!
  • babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited September 2018
    I am transferring only one @roisis per my RE, hope he is right on that and good idea for adding that to the calendar!
    welcome to October 2018 FET @katie35!!!!! and I agree those birthdays gotta be a sign! it's my DH's birthday too!!!
  • @purplg8r happy belated birthday!!!!
  • @babydust2507 Still haven’t gotten AF , I’m like 2-3 days late and kinda hope I wont Get It till next wed. I have an appointment with the RE in friday 9/14 to talk about moving forward ... so if AF shows up before they won’t let me start my FET meds till I see The RE so I compromised with the nurse and we agreed that when AF shows up she will put me on BCP so we can start after we speak to the RE.
  • purplg8rpurplg8r member
    edited September 2018
    @knottiee829c @katie35 welcome to the October board!

@babydust2507 thanks!
  • Fx that you won't have any delay @ndz2018 and everything will roll as you have planned! 
    I was 1h30 mn late on my BCP today, I hope I didn't mess anything up  :/
  • Not yet, I’ve been taking estrace since 8/30. Aunt flow arrived today gotta call the clinic on Monday for instructions. 
  • Love the birthday column! Thanks for starting the spreadsheet, @ndz2018 - I’m going to wait a bit before actually adding my name to it because I’m worried I will jinx it lol. They are tracking my hcg level down, it was still at 2,400 last week but I think my numbers got pretty high so I think that’s good? Would be interested in anyone's experience with this (how long it took for you levels to drop, how long until AF etc), but I understand it's a sensitive subject so please PM me if you feel comfortable doing so.

@roisis hello! I followed the May FET thread since I was May IVF, I remember being so sad seeing when I saw you post after you had learned of the loss. Glad you’re getting back to it, I know what you mean about the cynicism but glad I have these little threads to push through that together.

@mama2b1974 wow what a long journey you have been on. I would be super interested in that anti inflammatory diet if you don't mind sending me some info when you get a chance. I did acupuncture last cycle and loved it, plan to do it again this cycle and this time plan to continue throughout first trimester if we are blessed with another BFP. 

@purplg8r I remember you from TTGP board! So happy to see how far you have come, hoping you start October off with a bang for us

@madscientist22 What an amazing gift your friend gave to you! We are using a donor as well, expect for my H instead of myself. It adds such a layer of complexity to an already difficult situation for sure. 

@jangcorrea29 how exciting that you are trying for #2 - do you plan on putting both embryos back in?

@katie35 hoping this is your month, your journey has been so long. I heave heard that endo scratch increases odds quite a bit, does your clinic do assisted hatching as well? Mine does on all FETs and swears that's why their success rates are so high (close to 70%)

@babydust2507 being an hour or two late on most of these meds doesn't affect anything. I have called my clinic on several occasions freaking out because I was a little late on things they have told me to be consistent on, I was told there is a 2 hour window most everything
  • Hello All!

I am 30, DH 35 and we have endometriosis and male factor (husband banked sperm prior to cancer treatment years ago).  We did IVF in April 2016 which resulted in 9 frozen blasts (non-tested).  Due to my endometriosis, my RE insisted on a cystectomy before they would transfer any embryos.  After the surgery in June 2016, we were ready for our first FET August 2016, but that was cancelled due to possible ovulation.  So, October 2016 ended up being our first transfer, which after a rocky start and beta hell, gave us our DD June 2017.  

We are excited to start another FET, and due to policy at the fertility clinic of waiting 1 year after a delivery, and policy on breastfeeding, we can finally try another transfer! It is a bit odd this ended up so close to the last transfer date, but I like what you all are saying about October being a lucky month!

I am scheduled for the transfer on October 15th, and am doing the long lupron protocol to prevent ovulation.  I will be doing PIO this time, whereas last time I did Endometrin.  So, right now I am on bcp until September 17th, when I'll start those injections. 

So excited and hopeful for all of you on this journey! Crossing my fingers for blessed timing and no cancelled cycles or complications for everyone!
  • @hereforthebabies Welcome!! There is a spreadsheet on my signature if you’d like to put your info on  :)  .. makes it easier to keep track of everyone. 

@leilee101 Totally understand!!  When do you have to go back to check your levels again? 
  • @ndz2018 Thursday. I also e-mailed my acupuncturist to see if she thinks she could be helpful in helping to restore my hormone balance and circulate the hcg out of my system more quickly. I've read horror stories online of people taking months to get back to normal! 
  • @leilee101 Well lets hope that you're not one of this people and your levels this week are dramatically down. Let us know what the acupuncturist said, I, for one, am interesting in knowing.
  • @leilee101 **TW both times I M/C it took me about 3 weeks to get my hcg from ~6,000 to 0 and then about a week or so for AF to arrive TW**.

The anti inflammatory diet: No gluten, no dairy, only grass fed/free range (which is different to cage free) poultry and eggs and organic fruits and vegetables.  In addition, I take these supplements:

- Vitamin D3 5,000IU : 1 capsule daily with food

-  PreNatal Nutrients : 1 capsule twice a day with meals.

-  Pharmaceutical Grade Ultra Pure Fish Oil 2 capsules twice a day (~1,400mg EPA, ~1,000mg DHA)

-  Magnesium Complex : 1 capsule daily with food.

-  Prenatal Probiotic : 1 capsule daily with or without food.

- NAC: 1 capsule, three times a day

- Curcumin: 1 capsule, three times a day

I need to check with my naturopath next week, because I am not sure if I should continue all supplements after transfer.  I will post his recommendations.

• thank you @leilee101, and you were rig the nurse emailed me back and said I was still ok but I have been spotting since and she also said it was normal but to continue taking BCP. and For me AF cane about a month after I miscarried, hang in there and hope your wait will be over soon
    Welcome @hereforthebabies, that's exciting that you're getting started on Baby#2, GL! and thanks for sharing your journey with us!
  • No, we don’t want twins. Plus I don’t want to put all my eggs is one basket. Making sure that if this FET doesn’t give us a BFP that we have a back up. 
  • Hi @leilee101 I'm so sorry for you loss, and thank you for you kind words <3  My RE didn't track my hcg after my loss was confirmed - but I was concerned when AF hadn't shown u pin 7wks so they took me in. AF turned up at 8wks - and by then hcg was back down - so I really don't know how long it takes. Hopefully the acupuncture can help you along - I get it too sometimes and it has been good for bringing on AF. When are you back in for another check?

Hello and welcome @hereforthebabies  I always find it comforting when there is at least one person in the group who has had success before - you're living proof that this can work - and I really hope it works again for you now <3

@ndz2018 Did your AF shoe up yet?
    Actually on that point I'm wondering should we add a CD1 column to the spreadsheet too? I never know when mine's going to be - but it would give us an indication as to when everyone is starting? I'll add it in if no-one minds :)

**History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @roisis NO :(:( I'm freaking 9 days late and trust me, there is no chance i'm pregnant lol. I honestly believe that I'm late due to the stress over this whole mess with the clinic this past month. I haven't been sleeping well the last few days(Sunday got 2 hours of sleep) as we are getting closer:( to the appointment this friday. I am really hoping AF shows up by then and I dont have to go on provera to induce it. Thank you for adding the CD 1 column lets hope I'll be adding mine in the next few days.