Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment W/o 8/27

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Or

What is your most unusual talent?

*Edited because I'm a little slow this morning and didn't change the GTKY. Opps.

Re: IF Testing and Treatment W/o 8/27

• Loading the player...
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ I am going to be taking Femara and doing a trigger shot! I actually liked being on Clomid because it fixed my LP issue, so hopefully Femara does the same! I'm somewhat nervous about the trigger shot haha. Let me know how your IUI goes! I have my fx for you!! Maybe I should follow in your footsteps and watch a comedy bit afterwards as well? It can't hurt! Also, I'm jealous of your memory. I can never remember anything :(
  • @crookshanks10 I was actually surprised how easy the trigger shot was. The needle is so tiny I didn't feel it and it's such a small amount a fluid that's going in. I hope Femara can help your LP too! I'll update everyone tomorrow after it's all said and done. And my memory only seems to apply to random odd pieces of information, not the important stuff lol. At least not when it's important to me. So did you already do a baseline u/s and are you starting the Femara/IUI this cycle?
  • @Avrilmai How many ER are you doing? I'm terrible at scooping ice cream! I make DH do it for me. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to really get through the cold ice cream. Now I want ice cream... 
    Clowns are just like awkward slapstick humor and that doesn't do it for me (I was never into the Three Stooges either). I have Christopher Titus in a playlist on Spotify that I'm downloading to my phone for tomorrow. At any rate it can't hurt and gives me some entertainment for the 15min I have to lay there after.
  • @thegirlwhowaited_ at this point DH and I have agreed to a second ER. I decided after going through the first one that I could do it again. A lot of the anxiety for me was the fear of the unknown, I mean that is what anxiety is, and having done it once and making it through, I know I can do it at least once more. I don't know what will happen after that. But I'm hoping we will only need one more. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @thegirlwhowaited_ I'm glad to hear the trigger isn't bad! I did have an ultrasound/bloodwork at my appointment last Friday and I'll start taking the Femara this Thursday and have my mid-cycle scan next Friday, 9/7. It all happened so fast since AF came early!

@Avrilmai Thank you! I hope your results come back good!

@beachbunnyxo123 Haha I love your unusual talent! My DH can do that as well!
  • Lurking

@thegirlwhowaited_ - I saw that study! I'm going to listen to Gilbert Gottfried read Fifty Shades of Grey. If you haven't seen the YouTube clip, I recommend waiting to watch it for your IUI. That's pure comedy gold right there. His facial expressions really add a nice touch.
  • @emmasemm Good to know I'm not alone. I've had a ton of watery CM today. I still haven't had any EWCM this cycle, maybe by tomorrow I will. Kudos on the singing and I hope you have a very enjoyable birthday with a nice glass of whatever you want!

@wishiwaspreggo Now I really want to watch... Maybe after I get home tomorrow. I don't get very good reception in the REs office so I'm going to stick with my comedy playlists on Spotify because I can download them and not have to wait for buffering. But I'm sure I'll be on YouTube all afternoon from home.
  • @Avrilmai I got AF just 7 days after ER. 
  • @Avrilmai mine typically came 5-7 days after.  I think only once it was later by a couple days
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• @lulu1180 I’m sorry about your breakdown. I think it’ll be good to have someone else to talk to and let it out. *creepy internet hugs* <3
  • @emmasemm Thank you! I'm happy you won't be stimming on your birthday so you can relax and enjoy your night! Have that glass of rose girl!! (:
    @lulu1180 I'm so glad you're going to talk to someone. I'll be thinking of you friend.
  • lurking

@lulu1180 typically a masters level clinician has to do supervised clinical work over at least 3 years before being able to take the test to become a masters level clinician.  Psychologists can often do therapy right out of school and after being licensed.  That's not to say that psychologists aren't as good or better than masters level clinicians.  I'd suggest going to psychologytoday.com and looking up people in your area (who then specialize in IF & take your insurance if that is important). You can also do a phone "interview" with them to see how many years of experience they have.
  • @lulu1180 I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work out and that you're having a tough time. IF is so isolating. My therapist was recommended by my RE. It might be worth reaching out to yours and seeing if they have reccomendation. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• edited August 2018
    @lulu1180 YGPM  <3

@emmasemm I’m glad to hear you can relax and enjoy yourself for your birthday. With everything you’ve been going through that’s the least you could do! When is your birthday?

*TW* rant ahead 
    AFM, welp, no good news here. I did my saline and biopsy this morning. Saline showed two abnormalities possibly placental tissue. I’m waiting for a call from my doctor but the doc this morning said I’ll probably need a hysteroscopy to remove it. I’m trying my hardest to not be upset here but I am upset. This will be my third hysteroscopy this year. I’ve also had two ERs and a D&C. I hate anesthesia. I thought the d&c was supposed to clear everything. I know this stuff happens but I’m upset. And to make matters worse I chose not to do birth control so now I’m probably gonna have to wait a whole month to do it since I’m day 9 of my cycle today and they’re gonna make me go on BCPs again anyway. He also did the biopsy and when it was done realized he didn’t have enough and did it all over again and my husband couldn’t be there so I was crying in pain by myself. I’m just upset embarrassed and annoyed. 

Edit- typo
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I’m so sorry you had to go through the biopsy twice alone, and in general for all the news. <3 go do something nice for yourself. 
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited August 2018
    *lurking*

Glad to hear things went well for you today, @thegirlwhowaited_ - was looking for your update :)

@lulu1180 Good for you for taking such a big step for yourself. I hope you're able to connect with someone who helps <3

@rallykat14 good luck tomorrow!

@beachbunnyxo123 Big hug. I'm sorry you went through all of that today - definitely not the news you're wanting to hear. Remember that you are very justified in feeling that way.
  • *lurking* to see

@thegirlwhowaited_  ‘s update. So glad it went well! 
  • @Avrilmai Thank you, I have to keep reminding myself that the sperm are fine being early to the party.
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I'm glad there was a silver lining out of all of this! <3

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    @rallykat14 You got through all of that like a champ, wow! I don't know what frosties means but I hope they both burrow into your lining and stay there. Cheers to taking some time to relax <3 

Diagnosis (if you've been): ovary adhesions

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): NTNP, waiting

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I reached out to my RE today because it has been 6 days since I sent lab test results. I know that I told him I would sit tight and wait for him, but my next cycle probably will start around 9/9ish. I don't want to miss out on being able to do an ER in September because I will be out of town in October working. 

How are things going?: Way better than last week. I've stopped drinking so much, have been reaching out to a lot of people to talk about stuff, and am actively seeking therapy. I should have been doing this already but instead I chose to form a drinking habit which only served to prolong grief. I was so scared that grieving meant that I would forget, even though I knew that wasn't true when I chose to increase the drinking frequency. I'm still feeling very good about doing IVF. I am hopeful. I've mostly been lurking here because I'm trying to distract myself. Watching you ladies post and get through, what I thought were insurmountable things, is so inspiring! 

Any questions?: Not right now. 

GTKY: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? The only difference between you and the people out there who are successful in career is that they got up and took action. They didn't stop when it got hard. 

What is your most unusual talent? I know there are other people who this happens to, but when there is an emergency, an actual emergency involving people other than myself, I have this uncanny ability to remain calm and not freeze up. I can solve the problem quickly and effectively. When it's over, I have no idea how I did it. The feels come rushing in and it takes a couple of days to recover. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @purplg8r I did it weekly for about 5 weeks leading up and the couple weeks after.  This cycle I just couldn't do it. I am so over the process that I couldn't do one more thing .but I did it today with the transfer
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    @purplg8r Yay for AF! Who knew we'd be so excited to see her ;) 

@KristoKekerooni Thinking about you. How's the moving and planning coming along?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @purplg8r you’re so close to tour FET!! So exciting!!!

@rallykat14 is it like full course driving range golf or like mini golf? I would probably say no just to be safe with all the twisting and swinging that comes along with legit golf. Mini golf I don’t see why not. If they don’t know you’re doing IVF I would just opt out and say you pulled a muscle or something and cant. Ugh I’m supposed to do lovenox next FET. Do you have a blood clotting disorder or they just thought it could help to add?