Chit Chat

The Handmaid's Tale Season 2

2»

Re: The Handmaid's Tale Season 2

• Guess what's on tonight???? Not handmaids tale  :'(
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Don't make me cry @suzycupcake! I'm banking on Castle Rock filling the hole. However that I'll have to watch with DH.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started watching Sharp Objects on HBO. Anyone watching? The book was really good so I have high hopes.

@prpl11butterfly Castle Rock looks a little disturbing. Is it really scary? I'm a huge wuss. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited July 2018
    @eleven_ I have to say the trailer looks creepy. I don't know how much horror vs suspense it will be. BUT it was filmed in state, in a town I have family in (I do realize I'm opening myself up to creepy stalkers a bit...) so I know a lot of the landmarks. I watched the trailer and it was super cool to see areas/buildings in town that I've seen and or been at.

Sharp Objects sounds familiar.....I have either read it or downloaded it and not made it to reading yet.... I have too many books in the lineup....

ETA Sharp Objects is on my "to read" list. I may bump it up now.... is it only on HBO or does Netflix have it yet?
  • Has anyone seen a bold type? I need a new show to watch. I'm waiting on a lot of things to start back up. I've been watching mozart in the jungle because I haven't seen it since episode 5. It'll do for now. 

@eleven_ Is it good so far?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake It's a little slow, but still really good. There are two episodes out so far. I haven't seen A Bold Type. Have you watched Love on Netflix? I binged watched that and I loved it! 
    TW

• No I haven't @eleven_ Thanks I'll check out and episode or two of both. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I read Sharp Objects but wasn't very impressed :\ I guessed the ending before I got to it like, halfway through the book. @eleven_ is the show any good? I like the actors who are starring in it so there's that.

Orange is the New Black comes back on Friday!!! I'm super excited about that :) And then American Horror Story just released its next theme: Apocalypse. It's supposed to be a crossover between Coven and Murder House.

And finally, Bachelor in Paradise is airing next month. I really hope Krystal and Jordan hook up because they'd be the best pair ever with how vain they are. They could do each other's make-up, work out together, choose each other's clothes, and talk about how ridiculously good looking they are together.
  • You have to see the bold type and wildfire. I really like feel good type of shows so if that's your thing, these are it. 

Cloak and dagger, I really like it so far. Has anyone else seen it?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I haven't seen Cloak and Dagger, but have been thinking about starting it! 

@wishiwaspreggo I'm watching the season finale for The Bachelor right now. Who are you hoping to be the next Bachelor? So far Sharp Objects is incredibly slow. I'm hoping it picks up the pace soon. 
    TW

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    @eleven_ Did you try it out yet?

You might also want to check out Married At First Sight show if you like The Bachelor. I'm going to be helping to produce season 8 in post production in december. It's an insane show!

I just finished binge watching Suits. Soooo good! I tried to get into that show with Kyra Sedgwick and JK Simmons.... The Closer. I couldn't do it. After the second episodes, I was like nope. 

I need a show right now, I'm desperate. I've been watching the Greenhouse Academy in the meantime. Not that great at all. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake - I love Married at First Sight!!! I am so jealous you get to work with shows like that! How fun :) I'm watching Bachelor in Paradise right now. I love a hot mess.
  • @suzycupcake that's so cool you'll be working MAFS! I love that show!
    edited August 2018
    Well, @wishiwaspreggo and @prpl11butterfly It might not end up being that I will work on that show. I'm kind of bummed because it would've meant working on the same team as my husband, but I'm glad for the reason. The EP (Executive Producer) thinks it would be better to start me on a show that will run for a long time so that I will have work for awhile. I feel grateful that she is looking out for me. At the same time, I was really looking forward to that show though because I already binged watched it to figure out the story patterns and plus, if we do get a baby from ivf, I'm not sure I want to run on one show for a long period of time. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I'm watching The Americans right now and it's sooooo good!  It's on Amazon Prime. 
    TW

edited August 2018
    @eleven_ Love that show so much. I hopped on in season 4. My husband started watching at the beginning. I'm not sure if I want to go back to catch the first few. We both have epically failed to watch the last two episodes of the last season because we are upset that it's over lol

You might really enjoy the show Homeland 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I absolutely love Homeland! I only watched season 1 and then we lost Showtime, but we have it again so I plan to start up again. 
    TW

• @eleven_ There was a lot of criticism around the last half of the second season and into the next, but we didn't feel it was warranted. What we love most about the show is the light that is casted on mental health. That's all I will say :) 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I love the Americans! I used to have Amazon Prime and was able to catch up on a few episodes that way (I don't think it's on in the UK) and I was excited to see some of the later seasons on a transatlantic flight back in July. Such a well-written show. I think I left off at season 5.

I also loved the first season of 'Man in the High Castle' on Amazon Prime. I don't know if season 2 is any good though. 

I just finished Handmaid's Tale season 2. I actually haven't seen season 1 yet--- and I'm dying for more background on these characters. I saw the movie though, way back in the day. I don't know how to access season 1 in the UK, I don't think there's Hulu here. 

I struggle to find things that I like to watch here. There are only a couple of British programs that I like and they are both comedies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

edited September 2018
    That's a bummer @rds51510 I wonder if that could change by using the tor network :) 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake interesting. i've never heard of it. I will give a look later. 

I did find two shows recently that were pretty interesting.

Wanderlust- with Toni Collette. A little funny and quirky but not appropriate for young viewers.
    Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams- very mind bending, sci-fi. Kind of twilight zone-ish. This is the same person who wrote the actual stories for Total Recall and Blade Runner, if you're into that sort of thing.

Does anyone know when the new Handmaid's tale season begins?

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• @rds51510 I haven't heard of those shows. I'll check them out, thanks. Since you can access British shows, have you seen Paranoid? Really really good. Fortitude is another great one. 

I wonder if you can gain access to whatever on Netflix? If so, Trapped. Also The Killing. Excellent shows!

As for HMT, it was renewed for season 3 in May. Most likely, it will follow the usual pattern of being released next year in April, but no premiere date has been set yet. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I can access Netflix but I'm not sure if it's the same programming here as in the USA. When I first moved here I had Amazon Prime and I couldn't access the same shows/movies anymore. I ended up cancelling Amazon Prime because it sucks here. These days we just use local television channels and no Sky TV but BBC and ITV are pretty good. I think Paranoid is on ITV and I will check it out.

At first I was adamant that I didn't like British programming but two years later I've found some things I find entertaining and funny. 

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• @rds51510 That's a bummer. I had no idea programming worked that way in other countries and I work in film lol. You'd think Amazon would be Amazon and there wouldn't be an issue. Hopefully more shows pop up in your market soon. I wonder if there's any info online about what other people do to in this scenario. 

This is an interesting article about why it happens if you scroll down to the movies and tv speak https://lifehacker.com/why-do-media-companies-block-movies-music-and-tv-base-1509912540

It seems it is a licensing, royalties, and figuring out how to monetize in other countries. The article contains a short snippet about how to get around that if you wanted to research and try something. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• I despise Serena Joy, but there are times when I feel sorry for her, such as when her husband beat her and she cried in her bedroom. I also wanted her to enlist the assistance of Brian Greenberg. I was yelling at the television. I also believe Yvonne is fantastic in the role of someone so despised. I desperately want her to assist June in escaping. It's in her, I'm sure. June and Nick were brought together by her. She despised those rituals as well. Obviously not as much as June, but she didn't appear to be overjoyed either.
  • Omg that series has turned out to be an addiction. I feel so sorry for Luke and Nick.