November 2018 Moms

Weekly BF 8/13

2»

Re: Weekly BF 8/13

• @lifesabeach85 lol, I have no idea! Apparently it reminds people of some great smell the resorts have. I personally think Mexico is gross and don’t think it smells at all like a tropical vacation! 
  • @lifesabeach85 I think you might be confusing me with @pink_polkadots
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh yes sorry wrong tag! @pink_polkadots did your pedi give you any good advice about DD’s sleep regression? 

• I'm not a morning person, I never have been. H knows this. He starts in on me this morning about things he wants me to do (because I already don't have enough to do) before I've even brewed my coffee! The rule has always been no talking until I'm at least halfway through, even my toddler knows this! He acted all put out when I just blinked at him and didn't answer. It was better than telling him where to shove his honey do list. We've been married 6 years, the rules haven't changed, it has saved us a lot of ugly words on my part. But seriously, why do I need a honey do list? I'm just at a loss and more than a little irritated. 
  • @wildrainbow Sorry he gave you a list before you even had your coffee! I had to learn to not talk to H much until after his coffee too. Sometimes it's hard for me because when I have something to say, I don't want to wait! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited August 2018
    @wildrainbow I love that you have this as an official rule in your marriage, not just as a cheeky adage!

DH got back from his week-long work trip at 1am Thursday morning. I feel like it was actually 8 days since I kept DD out of the house on Thursday so he could sleep. Tonight at dinner he started singing “Viva Las Vegas” and I really thought I would kill him. Next month he has another week-long work trip there and I’m not even recovered from this last trip before he’s freaking celebrating the next one?? 

That reminds me, @BabyBoyH92016 How are you faring this week without your H?
  • @MouseMama817 This rule has saved our relationship. It was implemented long before we got married. Our first fight as a couple was because I never heard a word he said to me one morning before coffee and it upset him. He thought I was ignoring him. After that, the rule was set and it's worked well since. I'm not a nice person when I don't have my coffee, so I really implemented it for everyone's safety.
  • @wildrainbow This is so obnoxious. Why do the men in our lives think that we have nothing else going on? Lol. My husband did something similar this week, and I could've jumped through the phone and smacked him.

Speaking of which, this week will officially mark month five of DH's deployment, and the timeframe we were given to expect his return has now been switched to TBD. Seriously? Just give me my husband back.
  • @offtoneverland can you put a diaper on the doll? 

• @lachnessmomster I'm so so sorry! That is the worst. I hope tbd turns into your dh getting home very soon. We got a deployment extension as well (dh has been stationed away from home overseas since june 2017, but they got on frequent deployments, to me its all a deployment since weve seen dh 15 days since june 1, 2017). Originally they were supposed to get back to his homeport a few weeks before my due date so he was going to be able to fly in around my due date and spend a couple weeks here with us, now deployment has been extended until past the new year and we are waiting to hear if they'll fly him off the ship to come home on leave or not. So frustrating. 

@offtoneverland that doll sounds awful, what a gift. 
  • @lifesabeach85 Yes, it came with a diaper but water still leaks out of the mouth and eyes, and after DD watched MIL have the baby pee on the potty, it's all DD wants to do now! 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland oh HELL nah. That’s annoying lol. 
  • @offtoneverland He will be back before the baby is born - we just don't know when. Just a whole lot of uncertainty at the moment. Also, the babydoll your MIL bought sounds like a nightmare. I'm so sorry!

@wamam027 Oh, man. That is rough. I hope he's able to make it off the ship when the baby is born and that you have a strong support system to help you with the little one if worse comes to worst. I'll be thinking of you guys!
  • @lifesabeach85 the Pedi visit was worthless and a waste of a co pay! I had to see a nurse practitioner since DD wasn’t really sick and they were short staffed. (Its an office that has a small handful of both pediatricians and NP’s and you see who is available) I was quite bitter at the end of it. I seemed to know more about what to do than she did. She just offered me some books to read to DD to help with separation and a song. That’s it. At this point I think we are in it til she grows out of it. We went on a weekend beach trip this past weekend and she slept like her old self, it was so nice. Of course we were in the same room together, so I think that’s why. Tonight is her first night back home and in her bed so we shall see what happens. Fingers crossed our little out of town trip was enough to put a reset on everything!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pink_polkadots :( how frustrating! I'm sorry the pedi visit wasn't more helpful! It's incredibly frustrating to already know/know more/have tried all their suggestions

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited August 2018
    @MouseMama817 The week went fine. He was gone for five and a half days so it wasn’t horrible. The weather was great, and my mom stopped by, so we managed pretty well. He’s done 2 out of the 4 long trips he needs to do before baby comes, but is gone pretty much one night a week every other week as well. This is new to us, and will only be like this for a year more. Then the constant travel will stop and it will only be once in awhile for short durations. 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts A pooping doll?! That sounds horrendous! Who thought of such a horrible toy? I guess it helps with potty training, like you said, but it does not sound fun at all. That is so funny that M would react that way to the doll crying. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • edited August 2018
    @offtoneverland yeah it was kinda funny. Granted that was like after the 10th time it started crying within about 20 mins so she was over it very quickly and got super frustrated with it. The people that make Baby Alive dolls, that's who thought of such a disgusting doll :s The only why to turn it off was to like press it's wrist just so and if you did it wrong then it'd start talking or crying again or switch to speaking in Spanish. Thankfully she prefers the toddler disney princess dolls that don't make any noise and is very vocal to grandma about what dolls she's interested in :lol: 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV