August 2018 Moms

Labor Lead Up

Re: Labor Lead Up

• Yeah, walking at this point = Braxton Hicks and a sore crotch. I’m pretty uncomfortable sitting, too, but walking a lot takes it out of me. My poor toddler is so bored from staying home.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wow 6 miles? At this stage I feel like an athlete if I manage to waddle somewhere for more than 10/15 minuets... So much pelvic pain!

@lalala2004 my toddler must be feeling the same, I’ve had such guilt since the school holidays started that we’re not doing our usual fun stuff and that I’m so snappy and grumpy all the time... he’s 3.5 years old and I’ve resorted to driving him around most afternoons to get him to fall asleep in the car just so I can try have a nap too! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the UK too. No sweep.pre due date with my first but they are with my second. I had one at 38 weeks and am due a second. I think it maybe depends on your team 
  • I hate to hear that a lot of you are having pelvic pain, but I'm secretly happy it's not just me. This pregnancy is so much more painful than my first!  
  • I don't remember having a lot of pelvic pain with my first but I had a lot a couple weeks ago. Oddly enough, it's been decreasing lately. 
  • @hopeful91 I'm kind of in the same boat. A couple of weeks ago, walking any distance for any length of time was sheer agony. It felt like my pubic bone was going to shear in half and take the rest of my pelvis with it. Either I've gotten used to it, or have altered my gait to compensate, or just know when to rest before it gets awful, but it's been better this past week. So I've been trying to walk around more than I was before. If it had kept up I was seriously considering buying a yoga ball to bounce on, you supposedly get the same effect without all the walking pain. I still get Braxton-Hicks if it's a slightly "strenuous" walk though, like up a hill, incline, or stairs, so I have to stop and let it pass. But it's better than the pubic bone pain any day! 

Right now I'm trying some Old Wives Tales to try to get things to start on their own before my induction next week. The thought of having my body forced and rushed through artificial means doesn't really appeal to me. It's like the lack of control is amplified. Maybe it's all in my head, though. But so far, no luck though. Hmph.
  • Why are you getting induced next week (how far along are you)?

I don't see myself going into labor by my cs date so I won't be having a vbac.
  • I'm 38+1 today. My OB and MFM want me induced at 39 weeks due to my age and the gestational diabetes, they worry about the placenta degrading before its time and causing undue stress on the baby during the birthing process. All despite everything going splendidly and no signs of any complications thus far. *shrug*

• @lalala2004 I am getting ridiculously excited everytime someone gets close to labor. God speed! 
  • Woo, exciting @lalala2004!!!!  Good luck!

Ugh, I carried my 2.5 old for a couple of minutes yesterday morning.  It wasn't even consecutive, but I could barely walk after.  He and I both had a rough day, he kept getting upset that I wouldn't play with him or pick him up, and I had no patience for the meltdowns and felt really guilty that I couldn't be there for him.  I also felt constantly like I was about to have a hunger meltdown, even though I kept eating.

This morning was better, and I managed to get him to daycare without lifting him once.  I'm at 1275 steps at about 3pm, and I'm feeling much better.  We do have a yoga ball that I'm tempted to get out, but its fairly small, so it's hard to work at my computer when I'm sitting that low.

I've had absolutely no change in any signs of labor, so I'm starting to feel like it will never happen.  I know I'm only 39+3, but it's feeling like I'll just have to sit and wait around until they finally induce me.  I was induced last time, it wasn't that bad (not that I have anything to compare it to).  It sounds far preferable to being pregnant much longer.
  • Good luck!!

I have been losing bloody mucus for a week and still not having strong contractions:(
  • 39 & 4 today. I have been experiencing the mom guilt, as dh has pretty much taken over all the active play with her at this point. I'm trying to stay as active as possible, but my crotch

Seems like a lot of you ladies could be going at any minute! 
  • Nice to see these boards being a little active again!

I am 38 weeks today -- not dilated at all, but "softening" per my OB. With #1, I was 0 dilated and 0 effaced on my due date and had DS at 40+3. I am assuming I will at least make it past 39 weeks with this one. I don't see labor happening anytime soon, but who knows!
  • I'm a FTM here and have no patience left. All the women that were pregnant around me have had their babies and I am the only one left. I am 38+4 so I know she isn't technically due yet but I have no signs that labor is going to start anytime soon. I have had some crazy back pain but mostly when I lay down. I have also had some very mild period-like cramps but nothing consistent and they have been happening for over a week. BH have been consistent for several weeks, and yes some more intense but just tight, nothing painful.
    OB says cervix is soft but I'm not dilated. I know this doesn't mean much because things can still happen at any time, but it is just hard because I have no signs that baby will be here soon and I just don't want to wait any longer. (As if I have a choice)
    How do I kill time or make myself better at being patient???

• Sigh.  I had some mild contractions last night that got me a bit hopeful.  Only barely painful, but they wrapped around the back and seemed to last a little bit and came fairly regularly.  I didn't time them because I didn't want to jinx it, but I went to bed early hoping to be woken up by real contractions at some point.  But no dice.  They ended pretty much when I fell asleep.  And no repeat today.

I did end up walking across the mall this evening, getting like 2000 steps.  I can confirm that walking made my Braxton Hicks contractions pretty painful, but it all stopped as soon as I did.  So another day gone, here's hoping for tomorrow.
  • Fresh off my 38w appointment - my BP is getting borderline - it was 130/88 today so they're making me go back in on Friday so they can check it again. When this happened with DD1 I just had to pee in a cup for them to check for protein and they did an ultrasound and NST to make sure the placenta and baby were doing ok in there, so hopefully it's nothing more than that. i have quite a streak going where I've never needed Pitocin to deliver, and i'd like to keep that alive by not needing to get induced.

In more surprising news, I am actually dilated 1cm! I have very literally never dilated prior to being in actual labor, in fact i wasn't even dilated when they checked me at the hospital literally 5 minutes before my water broke with DD2, so this is an interesting development. I told the doctor that i went from "not dilated" to water breaking to holding a baby in 4 hours last time around, so she said "you've done this before, you will know when you're in labor, don't wait on timing contractions, as soon as your water breaks or you start feeling contractions, just come on in." so that is a relief. hopefully that works out and i can make it in time for my beloved epidural.

• @delujm0 hopefully your BP will behave itself and you get to go into labor naturally
  • @neeraja_k fingers crossed that things progress naturally for you before your planned induction date, good luck either way! 

@Secretstapler argh I feel your pain, I was woken up at 4.30 am the other night having what I thought was regular contractions, almost woke up SO and rang the hospital but thought I’d go sit downstairs until they became closer together, 7am they stopped and I’ve just been having the odd irregular one since!

I’m 40 + 4 and at breaking point, I’ve cried every day since my due date and I feel completely out of control with my emotions! I think it’s the lack of sleep! 
  • @Secretstapler Boo! Hopefully they start materializing for you for real, soon!

@delujm0 Crossing all the things that your BP cooperates with your wishes. heh

@serenbach I feel you on the emotional part. Not for lack of sleep though, I'm guessing just hormones surging once again. I'm overly emotional about all sorts of random things suddenly, like songs on the radio when I'm driving that I'd never really paid attention to the lyrics before. And to add insult to injury I'm broke out in zits all over. My skin has been the clearest ever this whole time, and now it's being oily and unruly. Hmph.

Yesterday's NST took forever. Someone in there didn't want to cooperate initially, so I had to sit there on the inclined metal table for 45 minutes till my ass fell asleep. The MFM's office for their NST's you get a cushy recliner, no fair! After my butt was asleep and I was getting a hellacious nerve pain down my left leg, then it cooperated and did what it was supposed to. Cervical check showed 60% effacement and a "very loose 1cm", which I'm guessing is almost 2cm? He's confident that if I don't go on my own, that induction will be a quick breeze for me. So far none of the OWT stuff has worked thus far to get things going, unless all the sex has helped the cervix part. 

My sugars are trending lower and I've experienced a couple of crashes, which are definitely no fun. So I guess I'll find out about that come Friday. 
  • I'm 38 weeks today and so uncomfortable
  • @delujm0 I'm glad they trust you to know when it's time to go in, it must be pretty stressful to know when labor starts it's going to get seriuse really fast.

@serenbach I fully expect to cry every day if I go over.  I feel like I'm holding it together right now because I'm technically not due yet, but I am pretty sure that I am going to feel seriously betrayed if this baby doesn't come on time.  I know logically that a due date is just an estimate, but I don't think I can take more than a couple more days of the uncomfortableness and uncertainty.  Especially since sleep has gotten so much harder the last couple of days.

@neeraja_k They seriously do NSTs on a metal table?  Not cool!  I am glad that you are making progress, though!  That's my big hope, that if it takes a while to get to actual labor, at least the preliminary discomfort will lead to an easier labor.  Good luck with the sugars, I can't imagine dealing with sugar crashes on top of everything else.
  • Got my membranes stripped today. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Now I play the waiting game. I have another scan scheduled for Monday to measure my fluids since it was still elevated today. Still 3 cm 70% effaced and baby is head down and ready to go. If things don't work out this weekend, then I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday night. It's only 1 day past my due date, but if the baby is measuring large and my fluids are up, my doc doesn't want me to go over too much. 
  • @7425cait Just the thought of membrane stripping makes me cringe and clench "down there". This past Tuesday's thorough cervical check hurt like holy hell, I can't imagine a finger curled around in there and twirling around. *shakes head fervently*

Holy nesting, Batman! I've suddenly got so much energy today I can't sit down for long. So much for getting my knitting done, the kid will be 2yo before I finish this blasted blanket. Remind me to pick a less intricate pattern next time. Boxes and tubs that have been hanging around for weeks after the bulk of our move are now emptied and were dragged to the garage. Living room furniture dusted. Aquarium cleaned. Linen closet nuked and reorganized. Four loads of laundry done. I even mowed the yard since it's cloudy and below 80*F outside, a rare treat for August. 

TMI, also been in the bathroom a lot today, and let me tell you, my rear is sore. I guess all the spicy food and pineapple was a bad idea the past few days. ><   I also think I passed something mucousy this morning, it looked different than the normal "goo", more thick and snot-like. Hopefully it's part of what I think it is.

Maybe things are progressing! *crosses fingers and toes*
  • @7425cait I got my membranes stripped tuesday. I had some good contractions right after but still no active labor for me

@neeraja_k way to make good use of your nesting energy! Lately, I'm impressed if I take a shower and get dishes done for the day.

My due date is tomorrow!!! If this boy does not decide to get here soon, we go in to start the induction process tomorrow night 
  • @neeraja_k I totally feel the nesting. I think I've been vaccumming every day. Mainly because I know someone is going to be staying at our house with DD while DH and I are in the hospital since he wants to stay overnight with me again. Any little crumb on the counter or floor is driving me crazy. 

@mbrowling we're you dilated prior to the strip? I'm hoping since I'm already 3 cm that the procedure has a better chance of working. My doc said that she got a "really good sweep" so here's hoping! Good luck tonight! 
  • So I've just got back from the hospital. Confirmed that my waters gone and she did another sweep because no sign of active labour. I have 18 hours to go into active labour in order to avoid the drip. 
    Any advice? I really really really want to avoid it. I'm at home so fairly free to do whatever but my waters are like a log flume so restricted in some ways. 
    @mbrowling good luck!!! I hope things start off for you
  • @7425cait I was dilated to a 2-3 when she stripped mine. Hopefully yours works!!

@xinran all I can suggest is walking/sitting on a yoga ball, unless that's part of your restriction.
  • @xinran hope things are progressing nicely for you! 

I saw my community midwife today, she was convinced that baby was breached and sent me to hospital for a postioning scan, luckily baby is head down and as should be however STILL no active signs of labour and I’m 40+6, membrane sweep took place *squirms* and things are moving in the right direction but I’m still not getting my hopes up! Now wearing a super sexy pad... I forgot how glamourous all this was! 
  • @neeraja_k that sounds promising!

@xinran definitely yoga ball if you can! Do you have depends?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• rawright19rawright19 member
    edited August 2018
    So I'm 39 weeks due Monday 8/20 and I have been ready for over a week to have this little girl out of me!! My doctor swept me this past Monday at 39 exact, and I lost my mucus plug the next morning. Tuesday night I had consistent contractions about 5 mins apart for 2 hrs and went to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me and said yes you're definitely having contractions, but they're not progressing you at all. After 4 hrs of contractions I was still dilated to 1cm like I had been when my doctor swept me. They sent me and the hubby home and since then I have been sore pretty much all throughout my pelvic floor, especially when I walk, and I have been having BH off and on, but no back contractions like I had Tuesday night. I am so over it! I'm a FTM and the anticipation is killing me! I think if by Monday at my 40 week appointment I haven't had her, I'm going to ask if we can schedule an induction for week 41. Hopefully that won't happen though - the only baby my mom went late with was me, and only by 2 days. She also had fast labors (less than 12 hrs) with all of us, even my youngest sister, who was a scheduled induction. Any time my daughter wants to make her appearance would be fantastic!!!
  • Hey everyone, 
    i am 41 and 6 days pregnant today. I keep thinking I’m a crazy lady for staying pregnant this long.  A lot of you seem closer than I am. My midwife believes that I may have long gestation pregnancies since my last pregnancy I delievered at 42 weeks and 4 days. I will say with that pregnancy they induced me at 42 weeks with 1 cm dilated and my cervix 50% effaced. Labor took forever and the induction was just not ideal sitting there for a few days with nothing happening. Hence why this pregnancy I am trying to wait . I have an appointment Monday and we might discuss induction.  But, again my induction story was not a good experience for me at all and I just don’t want a repeat of last time. 
     So my midwife keeps telling me everything looks great, bp good, baby movement good, got a ultrasound to check her fluids and breathing. So as long as she keeps telling me that I may wait another week. I know crazy but if she is healthy why rush it. 
    I probably have about 3-4 mild/strong contractions a day but of course nothing to rant and rave about. I’m getting some lost the mucus plus but no bloody show. The waddle is outrageous , I forgot how uncomfortable having the head in the pelvis is. Every time you get up or move it’s a marathon. 
    Hoping that all of us go into labor before we have to medically intervene. :smiley:
  • I'm still here too! 48 hrs after the sweep and not feeling much change besides losing my plug. But I know that doesn't mean anything. I need my body back! Between having one grow inside me and the other clinging to me all day, I need some space. And DD starts school 3 days a week again in September. Woo! 
  • Still here! 39+6 and due date/next OB appt is in the morning, so we’ll see what she says. Had a successful version at 37 weeks, so we’ll ultrasound tmw and if she has flipped back we’ll schedule another version and induction at some point this week. Really hoping to go into labor naturally, but also want to get this show on the road. Only having BH occasionally, and still have my mucus plug, so I don’t see this happening very soon. I’m trying to walk more, but it’s just so uncomfortable.
  • serenbachserenbach member
    edited August 2018
    Still here at 40 + 9 days over due, I have never experienced emotion like it. We went to the hospital last night at 2am (got my mother round to look after DS and off we went) contractions were arveraging every 4-5 minuets for over 60 seconds and painful, no real changes over night then this morning the midwife advised we went for a walk... we walked over 2 miles, returned and contractions were less and I had gone from 3 cms last night to ‘1-2’ and was sent home. I’ve now had 3 sweeps, eaten all the stupid pineapple/curry/raspberry tea and I’ve sat in all the positions on a birthing ball and done just about everything recommend but now I’m looking likely to be induced... I swear to god if one more person tells me to have sex I may punch them in the face! 

However i I am super pleased to see the birth announcements and stories filling up! Massive congratulations to everyone
  • @serenbach I agreed to have sex to try to get the kid out on Thursday, despite the unrelenting crotch pain.  It didn't work.  Not worth it.

Still pregnant here too.  I am over it.
  • ecwkecwk member
    @serenbach oh girl I am so sorry. I’m 4 days overdue with no signs of labor and going absolutely mental. I’m sorry, I know what a mindfuck it is. Will you be induced if nothing happens soon? 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh @serenbach. I'm so sorry. I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. Hopefully it happens for you soon. DH and I had sex almost every day last week, and nothing. Sweep, pineapple, walking, nothing. 

This afternoon I got the news that my amniotic fluid went up by 4, which was a lot. I'm now considered polyhydramnios. Baby wasn't cooperating on the ultrasound, so I had to be monitored for a little. Everything looks ok, but I'm still a nervous wreck. My doc tried to schedule me for an induction for tomorrow, but we got our second choice on Thursday. She's not pleased with that, so she going to try to push for tomorrow again. She did another sweep and a stretching this time. I'm 4cm dilated and the baby is way low. I'm praying I go into labor tonight, because I can't handle this idea that the baby or I might be in trouble .