March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/13-8/19

2»

Re: Symptoms 8/13-8/19

• Options
  • Options
    @gowenc @coffeeandcupcakes I had it with my first pregnancy really bad and i finally asked the doctor, I ended up having a bacterial infection in my stomach and had to be on antibiotics. I read it can be a symptom of pregnancy too but I would ask just in case, especially if it’s all the time. The doctor said it can cause low amniotic fluid I think. Everything was alright with my daughter (I was around 16 weeks when I finally asked) but it’s worth a mention cause the meds cured me the rest of my pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, closest I've come to puking was cleaning my daughter's poopy (cloth) diaper today. Three dry heaves. It didn't even smell that strongly, it was just the particular smell. My husband better be extra nice to me because I didn't just drop the diaper and leave it for him to clean out! 
  • Options
    @mamakeeg I've actually been wondering if it might be an infection rather than just a sensitive stomach. I was in Haiti in June and it's been off and on ever since I got back, but significantly worse the last couple weeks. How did they know it was an infection?
  • Options
    Add me to the palpitations club. I didn’t realize I was having them (I guess I didn’t realize that was what I was feeling) until my iwatch told me my heart rate kept spiking with me just sitting still for ten mins. I asked my OB’s nurse and she didn’t think anything of it and told me to ask my doc, well I completely forgot to. I might bring this up at my next appt. I thought it was bc I’m over weight this time around. 

Also vaginal discharge means your hormones are working so the more I see the more excited I get (weird I know, but it means my body is doing it’s job). 

You up know when your stomach growls but doesn’t make noise, just the sensation? That feeling is happening in my side and back all throughout the day for the last few weeks. It’s the weirdest feeling and I’m not digging it.

Other than that, every other morning I get hit with a gagging attack as I’m letting my dogs outside and dry heave over the kitchen sink. It usually shows no signs of happening as I’m getting f ready and will hit me as soon as I think about food in the kitchen.

My son doesn’t know I’m pregnant and the first day he was really sweet and asked if I was okay. Today he said I really needed to do that in the bathroom bc thensound I make, makes him want to throw up. Lol, he can be so sweet.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bdesterhouse my daughter came up with a new verse for Wheels on the Bus the other week. "The mommy's on the bus tummy's hurt, tummy's hurt, tummy's hurt..." Thanks kid.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I've also been having palpitations for about a week now where it just feels like I have a few really strong heartbeats every so often. The first time I ever experienced palpitations was about half a year ago, obviously before I became pregnant. I went to the doctor who told me that unless it gets worse, it's usually pointless to go through the trouble of diagnosing because there's usually not much that can be done about it. I ended up cutting back on caffeine and alcohol and the palpitations stopped. Well, until last week. I'm obviously not drinking alcohol or much caffeine, but I guess I'm just sensitive to certain things that cause palpitations whether it's pregnancy or stimulant related? 

I also just started getting dizzy when standing up yesterday which is fun. I keep forgetting to stand up more slowly so I end up blacking out for a few seconds before I can start walking. 
  • Options
    @gowenc they had me do a stool sample which was really weird haha. I also got another ultrasound and found out the sex of my daughter at 16 weeks so that was cool. They check for low amniotic fluid, thankfully it was all good. I’d had it for like a month or so before i finally brought it up if I remember right. 
  • Options
    @gowenc Also struggling with the stomach issues. Had the runs for a couple of weeks. Definitely pregnancy related, such a bummer. Hope it gets better for all of us soon!

I’ve also just started getting dizzy upon standing. It seems early for this. My last pregnancy I was fainting all the time upon standing, but more around 6 months onward. 

I also wore a holter heart monitor for a few days during my last pregnancy due to extreme heart palpitations. Those have barely happened this time. 

I’m getting little flutters in my stomach this week, like a fish flip-flopping. It feels just like when you first feel the baby move around 16 weeks, but it’s way too early. It doesn’t feel like gas so I’m not sure what else it could be. 
  • Options
    I felt terrible all morning yesterday but couldn't figure out what was wrong. Thought I was tired, hungry, just achy. Nothing seemed to help.  Turns out I was gassy and an afternoon of farts really cleared me out. Felt so much better after that.
  • Options
    Article that just popped up on my phone. Ladies with heart palpitations might want to read. I’ll definitely be asking my OB the validity of the article.

A Troubling Rise in Pregnancy-Related Heart Problems - The Wall Street Journal
    https://apple.news/AFDGPmQVpTaydHkKD02AZ9g

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Felt terrible all afternoon/evening and then I vomited everything I had eaten today. I guess I’ll be back on zofran tomorrow ugh!