December 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms • w/o 8.12

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 8.12

• @maureenmce Mine started around 32 weeks last time and it was the worst part about pregnancy for me :( My doctor ended up writing me out of work at 39 weeks because I couldn't type anymore.  He suggested sleeping in wrist guards, so I would sleep essentially sitting up with my hands next to me in wrist guards.  That's the thing that helped the most.  It lasted for at least a month after delivery for me. I'm 24 1/2 weeks and so far so good for me.  I hope you get away with a mild case!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Sorry about the wrist pain kicking in for some of you. 

AFM, I am having another episode of the painful cramping contractions. I’m laying down, drinking extra water, and hoping they go away soon. If not, then I’m supposed to call my OB. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Katzalia Ack! I hope they stop right away. Thinking of you tonight!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • hkomhkom member
    I'm so sorry @Katzalia!  Thinking about you and I hope they stop soon!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh no, I hope they stop soon @Katzalia !

Thanks @texas_t it has been mild so far and just today, so I'm hoping it doesn't get worse! Buying wrist guards got added to my weekly to do list!
  • @katzalia Hope the cramping stops!  Thinking of you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Katzalia be sure to empty your bladder as soon as you feel you have to pee. A nurse told me holding it in can irritate your uterus and cause contractions/ make them worse.   Crossing my fingers they have already gone away for you. 
  • @orangecrush29 Do you run? Does it help with the constant sensation of having to pee?? lol When I run I feel like I have to pee, as soon as I am done the feeling is gone! lol I have a band I used last pregnancy because of the RLP, but so far it hasn't been a huge issue. I am sure it is coming. I can't remember when I started needing it last time.
    I haven’t tried running with it yet, but I’ve done 2 CrossFit workouts with it now and the difference is night and day! I didn’t feel like i was going to pee my pants and it didn’t feel like my pelvis was going to split in half during my workout!! I actually left it on for a little while after because it felt so good, lol! I bet it would help with your runs for sure!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Boyyyy oh boy, do I hope this insomnia is a one-night deal. I had it fairly regularly with DD probably starting around this time. I watched a lot of movies but would rather have had the sleep! 
  • KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited August 2018
    @hoosiermama-2 sorry about the insomnia. I’m on here now because I’m awake an hour early for no reason. I can’t remember when I started having insomnia with my first, but pretty sure it wasn’t until sometime in 3rd trimester. Which I realize now is actually not that far away. 
  • @Katzalia Oh no. I hope the contractions stay away!

@orangecrush29 Awesome. I have to look into buying one. The one I have helps with RLP, but I don't rememeber if it helps with the urge of having to pee. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @Katzalia I'm glad they settled down for you and didn't get to the point of having to call your OB!

• +1 to insomnia. I woke up around 2:30 last night and couldn’t go back to sleep until probably 4. I was having Braxton Hicks and then just couldn’t get to sleep. Dh was home this morning though so he let me sleep.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • +1 for insomnia here too.  Fortunately, I don't experience all the time. Maybe like 1-2x per week.  I hope it doesn't get worse, because this is bad enough. I need my sleep!
  • +1 insomnia, rather - waking in the night. 
    LO used to wake me up at 4am because he was crushing my bladder. But now I’m waking earlier and not having to pee :no_mouth: I woke at 3:30am today full of adrenaline - I dreamt that DH and I were on a double date with my exH and his wife?! Couldn’t get back to sleep until 6am. Ugh. 

Anniversary
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited August 2018
    Insomnia is the worst!  I've been sleeping relatively well recently and hoping it lasts. I still typically feel tired when I get up in the morning/most of the time.

I do need to start carrying antacids with me everywhere.  I haven't eaten anything I'd normally expect to give me heartburn today, yet here I am wishing for sum Tums.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so gassy today. I just cropdusted every aisle in the grocery store, but hey! I finally found the condensed milk (who puts it in the tea/coffee aisle?! It’s normally in baking - or am I crazy?). 

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango lol yes it's normally in the baking aisle!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Last night I couldn’t sleep again. Lovely. About 4am there was a pretty hoppin dance party in my ute, followed by super intense sudden nausea and then Braxton Hicks. Fun times. I’m thinking the nausea was caused by the contractions but I’ve never experienced that before. Really hoping it won’t be a regular thing because it was not pleasant. 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited August 2018
    @rosebud332 I've been hit with BH (I think) too!  :s Super uncomfortable last night, and it felt like it lasted forever... but they were like an hour/90 min apart. I slept fine through the night but had some pain again this morning. I called the after hours line and since then, of course/but also/thank goodness, I haven't felt anything else. She said next time, if Tums and Tylenol don't help, call back and they'll probs want to have me in. 

ETA I didn't have BH with DD so it's all new to me. And when my water broke and I went into labor, my contractions came quick, close together and long, pretty suddenly. So I'm out of my comfort zone of knowledge here. Sigh.