Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 8.13

2»

Re: TFAS w/o 8.13

• Options
    @Sparty18 ygpm

@asupernovablizzardstorm My niece is starting K this year. I can't believe how quickly they grow up! I hope your LO has a great first day of school!

@meatballs37 I'm truly sorry to hear about your little boys.

@mrsjqg1024 Happy (day late) birthday to your LO!

@kvh22 Thank you for your input. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ll be the odd one out, as I usually am in this area, but I love the newborn phase. Granted some parts are so incredibly hard, looking at you no sleep. But I really miss the cuddles and smell of a fresh clean newborn.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I hated the newborn phase while we were in it, but I miss it so much now. @kindbytealikat is right with the snuggles and smell. The only time I get to snuggle DS now is when he willingly gives a hug (which happens approximately 10% of the time I ask for one). I am thinking this time around it'll be so much sweeter since I won't be second-guessing everything. That, and I'll be cherishing every little sleep session on me since I'm about 99% sure DH won't let us try for a third child.
  • Options
    I feel the same as @lillywonderland. I hated when we were in it, but I feel like now I miss it so much. I feel like I would be so much better prepared next time that I would be able to enjoy it more the 2nd time around, but I could just be kidding myself lol.
  • Options
    I loved the newborn phase, too @kindbytealikat. DH thought I was crazy. We've had our sleep issues - big trips kept falling around the normal regressions which kicked our asses - but DD slept from 10:30-6 straight through at 3 weeks (which freaked me out but the ped said it was fine since she gained weight so well still). That definitely colored my views on the newborn stage but I was also just home from the hospital, feeling like I got hit by a truck, blissfully holding a screaming baby. DH had more baby blues than I did lol. My mom flew out to help us with a one way ticket and flew back 3 days after we got home from the hospital since she felt like she was in the way and we were fine (DH disagreed and wanted more help I found out later...oops).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    It seemed like the worst part of the newborn phase, for me, was just the terror of not knowing if I was doing anything "right". Esp after having an incredibly tough time breastfeeding and the judgement that came with switching to formula. Now, after 4 years with my wild child I think I could handle just about anything. 

DH was really on the fence about a second child for a looooong time and part of the deal-making was that even though he is a really involved dad, I will shoulder most of the rough parts of a newborn. So, most likely I will be a lot more sleep deprived but I'm still really looking forward to it. The only thing I'm afraid of is less snuggle time with DS. Even though he's four he still likes to cuddle with me a lot and be held.. I don't want him to miss out on that closeness. Very very excited about the prospect of him having a sibling though :) 
  • Options
    All you ladies who love the newborn phase give me hope for next time! DD was a terrible sleeper (and got progressively worse until we bit the bullet on sleep training at 15 months...) and I feel like all I remember is her crying all of the time, even though she definitely didn't have colic. I can't imagine what that would have been like. Maybe my memories are clouded by the fear of not knowing what I was doing like you said @mamanbebe

Hopefully if #2 comes along I'll get the chance to actually enjoy that phase
  • Options

@kindbytealikat, I loved the newborn phase too.  But I don't really need much 

@mamanbebe, tw losses I got pregnant with my first on my first cycle post BCP, I was 23.  I got pregnant with my 2nd (a loss) first cycle at 24.  I most likely got pregnant immediately after my d&c and had a CP, but we aren't 100% sure.  Then it took 2 cylces to get pregnant with my son at 25.   I started trying for my 3rd at 30, in February 2017, had a miscarriage in August and am still not pregnant, but was medically benched the majority of the last year.

@sparty18, good luck with your timing.  It is amazing how much more nerve wrecking it is with timing when using clomid!

What number are you trying for? 3 

Cycle/Month? 1st unbenched/19 months over all, mostly benched

WTO/TWW?  Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is 7 ds is 5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I am just thrilled to be given this opportunity. 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: I am not happy about school starting.  I got in to a bit of a heated monent with the principal yesterday.  She decided it was best to separate my anxious, bipolar autistic child from her best friend, and when I called her out on it, said it was my idea!  In the end, they are still in the same class.  Otherwise, DD is in serious nabic mode, which is really exhausting!  

GTKY: What is something you want to do for yourself this week?  
    we are moving this weekend, so I don't have too much time to do anything, so retail therapy on Amazon 
  • Options
    @holly321 thank you for sharing that, and i'm so sorry for your losses. i hope for good things in your ttc journey. 

@allegram16 Oh gosh the sleep stuff is so bad but there is always hope! It wasn't always so bad with DS, even though we had some really stormy periods (like the 4mo sleep regression). This has been a major blockade for DH, so I promised he could sleep in another room w/ sound machine and that I would take all the night duties until #2 is sleeping through the night. I feel like I made a deal with the devil but the payout seems pretty good :) 
  • Options
    meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2018
    DD had colic something fierce. For like 6 months! Our pediatricians answer was “sometimes it just takes longer for some babies to adjust outside he womb.”  Sigh. So sign me up for the plus one on the not a fan of the newborn stage. Buuuut I will say that seeing newborns gives me baby fever still. That’s kind of an oxymoron.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @thismustbethemom dd has super curly hair and got it cut (mostly just a good trim) a couple of years ago. She still has her curls still. We went with a stylist that specializes in curly hair.

I think I loved the newborn stage besides the no sleep. Now that dd is older, she's definitely a daddy's girl. 
    Edited for missing words.