Infertility

FET Preparation

Hello All!  We are planning for FET in early October.  I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any advice or thoughts on what I can start doing now to prepare?  I read a great book recently on what to do to improve egg quality, but haven't found any good sources on what to do to prepare for FET.  Does anyone have any good books or articles that they have found?  Thank in advance!

Re: FET Preparation

• FET's are so different than the retrieval part and a lot less stressful :) Just take care of yourself, unless you have your doctor do extra bloodwork, etc., then relax and enjoy your time before is my best advice. :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• I’ve read a few articles and they seem to have similar themes: relax/limit stress, eating healthy, acupuncture.
  • Loading the player...
  • Take care of yourself. Exercise if you can, eat healthy and do whatever you can to mentally relax. Take care of your mind, not only your body - do yoga is that helps you, meditate (there are several apps for iVF meditation that should also be good for FET), read, create, do the things that make you happy.

The thing I found most helpful for me was watching comedy shows - laughter is a great way to unwind. On the day of my FET I got home after and watched comedy shows for 2-3 hours! It was great! 
    I did the same during the tww - I would watch 5min here, 10min there of comedy acts on YT.

Good luck, sticky thoughts and baby dust to you!
  • High levels of vitamin D improve implantation rates.  My RE tests for this, and mine was ok taking 3000 iu of D3 a day plus a prenatal.  
  • @katie35 I have been watching the Egg Whisperer on youtube... she talks about transfer preparation in one of her episodes https://youtu.be/nm82NQTpn-U ... some of the information is pretty similar to what has already been said but I like watching an RE explain everything. Good luck! 

• Thanks everyone!!  And thanks @anared, I will definitely give her a watch!!