TTC After a Loss

August TWW

New month, new board. Let's bring on the BFP's!

Re: August TWW

• I'm sitting here in the TWW...have high temps for now, but I guess all I can do is wait.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here @thshaw.
    10DPO and the SS is OUT OF CONTROL.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kath525 I’m about 7DPO and so mad at myself for SS!! Every time I promise myself I’m just going to relax and not pay attention but somehow it’s all I can think about! 
  • @obsessedwithoranges I Google early pregnancy symptoms daily... Like maybe they've changed since the last TWW or the 18 TWWs before that, aye aye aye!
  • @obsessedwithoranges and Kath525  *sigh* I also google PG symptoms. As if PG and PMS symptoms aren't pretty much exactly the same, and as if I have no 'normal' after 4 MCs. Ugh!  Why do we do these things to ourselves?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @40momma someone could make some serious money off that app!
  • I’ll join you ladies over here now, 1 DPO and already can’t wait to poas fml lol  
  • Google auto populates everything I search for because I’ve already searched for it before a million times ... I have a problem! 
  • Has anyone poas yet??? I'm waiting until tomorrow morning at 9dpo!

• @thshaw I'm holding out until Friday, I'll be 13 DPO
  • So, I had a loss 6/26.  OB told us to wait until after I got my period to start trying.  We were not careful.  Now, I'm 7 weeks post loss and no period yet.  I don't know if I should POAS or give it a few more weeks. FWIW, my cycle average was 32 days before pregnancy and about 36 after, and post breastfeeding.  WWYD?
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• squirttheturtle *sigh* You really don't have many choices. You made decisions and are stuck with them. I don't know how far along you were in your PG, but depending on that you could get a BFP from POAS even if you aren't PG now, because it could be residual HCG from the MC. Pretty much your choice is to either wait it out and deal with the anxiety of not knowing, or POAS and if it's positive, see if you can get some betas to determine if your HCG is going up or down. If it's going up, probably PG. If it's going down, it's either a second back-to-back MC or else it's residual HCG. THIS is why they tell you to wait for dating purposes.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Good luck ladies. I keep checking back in the hopes of seeing that someone got a BFP!
  • New to posting, but this is the first month TTC (per doctors orders) after MC in April with many complications. Now I am 3DPO and going crazy! Fingers crossed for lots of BFP this month!
  • squirttheturtle *sigh* You really don't have many choices. You made decisions and are stuck with them. I don't know how far along you were in your PG, but depending on that you could get a BFP from POAS even if you aren't PG now, because it could be residual HCG from the MC. Pretty much your choice is to either wait it out and deal with the anxiety of not knowing, or POAS and if it's positive, see if you can get some betas to determine if your HCG is going up or down. If it's going up, probably PG. If it's going down, it's either a second back-to-back MC or else it's residual HCG. THIS is why they tell you to wait for dating purposes.
    I had my loss at 7 weeks, but it was natural so who knows how long before that was fetal demise.  

I know that we have to deal with the consequences of our actions.  I understand the reasons we were suppose to wait, but it is what it is at this point.

• squirttheturtle Understood. If I were you, I'd POAS. If it's negative, you know you're waiting on AF. If it's positive, I'd call the doctor, explain the situation, and see about getting betas to figure out what is going on for sure (make sure there are no other medical complications - ectopic, etc). 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• squirttheturtle Understood. If I were you, I'd POAS. If it's negative, you know you're waiting on AF. If it's positive, I'd call the doctor, explain the situation, and see about getting betas to figure out what is going on for sure (make sure there are no other medical complications - ectopic, etc). 
    Stick was VERY positive. :/

• Anymore room on the crazy train? c'mon 2ww!
  • Broke down and took a cheapie this morning and I think I have a squinter, but it's super faint. I'm only 9 dpo and felt twinges for a few hours yesterday. I'll probably take a FR tomorrow morning...only because I want to get a massage and you're not supposed to if you're in the first trimester of pregnancy.

• @rowedking6 welcome aboard!
    @thshaw FX tomorrow's is darker and this is your rainbow baby!
  • Good luck everyone! 

I think I am 1 dpo today. Ovulation timing was a little wonky  so I'm not very confident this cycle. I'm going to try and do my best to forget that I'm in the tww. Thankfully I have a weekend trip this weekend, will check my progesterone on Wednesday to confirm ovulation, and then a weekend trip for our anniversary next weekend. So all that should keep me occupied. I don't think I will test until 14 or 15dpo, that way I will have a sure answer. I was playing around with just waiting for af, so I may still do that. We'll see. 
  • 13 DPO BFN, probably just waiting for AF, but I guess you're not out till you're out.
  • 10 dpo and tested negative. I'm not feeling very hopeful. Last go round I got a faint positive on 11 dpo and I didn't see even a blip of something this morning...and it was a FR. I'm just not feeling like this is our month. I'll try again early next week and I guess we'll see.

• Room for one more? I'm 7-8dpo and couldn't help myself. My temps have been looking good and shot up even higher this morning so I took a test. Bfn of course, because i'm an idiot. I need the ss app because I too was googling early pregnancy symptoms.
  • Dang. CD 1... DH would be done if it were only up to him he said today. Sometimes I think the disappointment is harder on him than me. I keep telling myself that I don't NEED this... But I sure as heck want it. This blows ladies.. We had agreed to try the the end of the year, we'll see what happens I guess...
  • @Kath525 Aw I'm sorry to hear that.  This sucks in so many ways.  I hope you and DH are able to agree on how much longer to keep trying.  I'm pretty sure my DH doesn't communicate everything that he's feeling and at times his constant optimism is hard to take.
  • @Kath525 I am so sorry, that must be really hard for you. I hope you both get on the same page. 

@bakerstreetboys ugh, I know what you mean. My husband is always so positive, which is nice sometimes but most ofthe time I just can't take it. Which means we're don't talk about it about because when I want to vent he comes back with hopeful answers. He just knows it will all work out and I'm just not so sure...
  • @Kath525 I’m sorry.  I hope you and DH figure out what is best for you.  

@bakerstreetboys and @sagems10 I think my DH stays positive to try and get me more positive because he hates to see me hurting.  
  • @Mack2342 I agree, that's exactly why my husband does it. Doesn't make it less annoying when I want to havea rant though ;) but on the whole, it is a very nice trait to have! 
  • Thanks ladies, gonna take it one month at a time for now I guess.
  • @Kath525 so sorry. Hang in there. 
  • @Mack2342 Oh yeah, that's definitely why mine does it too.  He doesn't want me to get down or give up; it's just hard sometimes to hear it from him when everyone else always says "oh don't worry, it will happen".  Sometimes I want him to acknowledge how frustrated and upset I am...which he does, but not always in the way I want ;)
  • I might be here now. FF gave me crosshairs on Thursday 8/9 because I had a temp drop earlier in the week but I don’t think that I actually ovulated. I haven’t gotten a positive OPK yet and I also have not had EWCM...so who knows. If based on the temps and I did ovulated on Thursday or Friday we had terrible timing and I would have missed the fertile window. I’m thinking that my temps are just wacky since AF started on Thursday 8/2 with some spotting earlier that week so I’m guess I will O later this week.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Kath525 I understand. My DH would already be done as well. It's hard being the one feeling like you keep pulling the relationship through the TTCAL trek. It can be exhausting. One month at a time is a good way to look at it. 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 12dpo and feeling very out. Tested at 10dpo and was stark white negative (last pregnancy i had a positive at 10dpo). AF should be due tomorrow ... I normally cramp before AF but don’t have them yet, so of course I’m still stupidly holding out! 
  • Sorry I’ve been so absent, board. Been in a solid TTC funk for the past few weeks, though I did get to speak with the social worker at my RE clinic, and she was nice to talk to. Had my IUI 7 days ago, the morning I had to fly out for a work trip, and of course now I’m back to my normal schedule for the (much harder) remainder of the TWW. 

I think I’ll try just waiting for the scheduled blood test (16dpiui). Getting pretty dang sick of seeing bfns and evaps.
  • So glad you ovulated @sagesma FX for you and @lin0442 to get BFPs this cycle!! 
  • Good luck ladies.  Hope to hear some good news in a few days