November 2018 Moms

Bitchfest 8/6

2»

Re: Bitchfest 8/6

• @pink_polkadots Oh my gosh, this sounds awful. I’m so sorry. Was she coming out of her room every time she got out of bed as well? I can only imagine how you guys must feel. Is her behavior affected at all by the lack of sleep? I hope your ped has something useful to offer you. If not, have you ever thought of using a sleep coach? It sounds bougie and expensive but apparently is quite affordable. I know of a family whose son would be up and ready for the day at 4:30am and would refuse naps. They hired a sleep coach and it really helped a lot. 
  • Our system at work has been down for TWO HOURS!!! I’m especially annoyed because I 1) Have things to do that I made time to do today, and 2) my family went to the zoo today, while I’m at work. I’m beyond aggravated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @MouseMama817 The Bump app has been all sorts of WTF lately. I can't even get on it half the time!

I almost just went KungFu Panda on an employee. It's payday and I am holding checks for a few people, but this girl just came up and I was on the phone so she picked up the checks off my desk to start going though. I ripped them out of her hand and shot her a glare. Would you go to the bank and reach over the teller to grab cash?? You can't just grab checks off someone's desk!!! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @mousemama817 omg I know! I was so frustrated last night when I was trying to access the Nov '18 link. The back button is completely useless.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MouseMama817 yea every time she gets up she comes right into it room. Sometimes she’s upset and crying, others she just taps me awake. Over and over again. And unfortunately ALL of our attitudes and behavior have been negatively affected. She’s been so much more moody and negative and combative. It makes an already exhausted momma even more exhausted. I feel terrible even saying this but she literally has been pushing me to the point where I don’t even want to be around her. Which of course makes me feel like Terrible mom. I didn’t know sleep coaches existed! If the pediatrician has nothing useful for us maybe I’ll look into that! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pink_polkadots that sounds terrible. Hopefully the pedi will have a solution for you, or something beyond “it’s just a phase.” I would also look into a sleep consultant if it doesn’t get better soon. There’s no way I could deal with two kids keeping me up all night long. I have been there with the tired frustrated snappiness and mom guilt, don’t beat yourself up. 

• @pink_polkadots How stressful and exhausting. Especially since I’ve been pregnant, I find myself really on edge and worried anytime my toddler experiences a regression with sleep. Since newborns are up so much during the night, i feel like I can’t deal with BOTH newborn and toddler sleep issues (which sort of isn’t fair to my kiddo). I think there is extra pressure now to nip any sleep issues in the bud. I hope things get better for you guys and that your pediatrician has some good suggestions. 
  • @pink_polkadots I think just about every stm+ here can relate to that, don’t feel bad. I went away for a night on Tuesday, came home yesterday afternoon and by that evening I was already done. I felt some guilt for not having more patience after getting a break but really I was just pissed off that I couldn’t have a single evening at home without the whining and destructiveness. I can only imagine how I would be feeling in your shoes. It feels so personal when kids don’t sleep cause that’s supposed to be our time
  • @pink_polkadots have you considered putting a gate on her door so she can't get out on her own? That would mean that she'd likely just cry in her room and you'd have to go see what's wrong, but it also gives you the option to ignore her so she can learn to put herself to sleep again. Also gives you some peace and quiet for when you absolutely can't stand to be around her and need a break before you snap. We have a gate on DD's door and I love it. Let us know what the pedi says! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Ds had two major meltdowns in an hour and I yelled at him to get it together. I might very well be the worst mom ever. He looked at him like I betrayed him for doing it. Now he's out with H and I'm crying. Mom guilt and pregnancy suck. 

@pink_polkadots So many ((hugs)) love. 
  • edited August 2018
    @offtoneverland we had a gate. And she would climb over it. She’s 4 1/2 and quite crafty now. I’ve tried ignoring her when she comes to wake me up. But she just stands here are starts crying and yelling. I’ve also tried the no talk walk method, where I just get up and take her right back to her room without talking or looking at her. Neither work. 
  • @pink_polkadots both of my kids are pretty terrible sleepers, but that sounds especially bad. How does she respond to bribery? We’ve tried basically everything with DD, even a sleep coach. A few weeks ago we decided to start bribing her with things she loves to do. If she spends 5 nights in a row in her bed and doesn’t leave her room before 7 am, she gets something special (new book was two weeks ago and gelato was this week). We’ve let her pick the prize. For whatever reason, it seems to be working and she has spent every night but one of the last two weeks in her bed. I don’t know if that would work or not but could be worth trying. I’m so sorry. Like @MouseMama817 said, it feels so personal because it is our time. I lose my patience very quickly over it all.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited August 2018
    @wannaflickone girl I have been bribing her with the freaking moon. We had a chart and we told her when she got 5 stickers we could go pick a new toy. Didn’t work. Then I bribed her with going swimming the next day. Didn’t work. Bribed her with a trip to the indoor playground facility nearby. Nope. She agrees to it when we are talking about it, but at night it’s like it all gets thrown out the window. FML. Did the sleep coach not work for you guys? I’d hate to drop $500 on a 3 week session(yes I looked it up locally already!) and then it not even work. 
  • @pink_polkadots I'm so sorry :( I wish I had amazing advice for you but I've got nothing. When did the sleep troubles start? Do you think she's jealous of the new baby and wants to spend all her time with you? I so hope you find something that works, and soon! Maybe put a lock on the outside of her door?! (Only kidding!)  ;)
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @pink_polkadots does the local one offer a free consultation? I would check that first and maybe set one up. That way you can see if her methods will
    jive with you. We had a good experience with the one we used for DS. But travel, vacation and sleep regressions screwed us this summer and he is a hot mess. The methods suggested for DD did not jive with me so that’s why we weren’t successful there.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pink_polkadots also no advise but just want to say I hear you and man that sounds rough! Maybe replace her door with a screen door? ;) it's bigger than a gate and she can't climb over it. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @pink_polkadots How are you this morning? Hoping you got some sleep last night.  <3
  • I feel like I’ve reached my breaking point at work today. I think I’ve mentioned before that we’ve been crazy overwhelmed at work for going on 8 months, and changes that were supposed to make it better a few weeks ago actually made it a lot worse, and our system was down half the day yesterday, and I just want to cry today over every little thing today (super hormonal + overwhelmed?). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @bfpafter4years thank you for that! I keep trying to tell myself that it WILL get better and that this is only temporary! 
  • Mmkay. DD wanted to “help” in the kitchen tonight and dropped her bowl of chicken noodle soup which then projectiled into my face, hair, and body. Just found noodles stuck to my boobs inside of my bra. 
    The crotch of my shorts is literally soaked from peeing every time I coughed while making dinner, which is CONSTANTLY. 
    And probably TMI but coughing while peeing on the toilet just now caused my hemorrhoids to pop out and they actually hurt this time. 

4 more days until DH gets home....
  • @MouseMama817 Oh girl... I am so so sorry :( good luck <3

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @MouseMama817 Oh nooooo! Can you take a long relaxing bath tonight after your DD is in bed? Maybe book a spa day for after YH returns home? Good luck with the remaining 4 days. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @mousemama817 I don’t even know what to say. I wish I could tell you to relax and have some wine (if you even drink), but I know that isn’t appropriate. Counting down the days with you until your husband is home. I hope you can peace out for a few hours to get away when he is.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MouseMama817 goodness you need to catch a break. Hope Disney is amazing and that prenatal massage is more amazing - you’ve earned it!

My BIL are my sandwich! I got take out for everyone for lunch and he took my chicken wrap! He ordered a salmon sandwich btw and I haaaaaate salmon. 

• @MouseMama817 oh I’m so sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope you get some rest and relaxation! And Disney makes everything better!! I hope that trip makes it all worth it for you! 
  • @mamamouse817 sending lots of mama hugs and nonalcoholic wine your way! 
  • Thanks guys  <3
    @lifesabeach85 Your gif!  :D Not cool of your BIL!