BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Bitchfest 8/6

• Options
    I’m so annoyed at work. I’m technically still the newest member of the team even though I’ve been here 3+ years. I cover for people constantly while they’re on vacation. Now that I’m getting ready for maternity leave, I find that the plan is to cover some of my duties while basically ignoring others. For three months. Really?! You can’t step up and help me out when I’ve been covering for you during your six weeks of vacation a year? 
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom That is annoying. I'm dealing with something similar at my work. My boss keeps pushing off talking about my leave because I think he is thinking it is far away, but really it's coming up quick! Thankfully my coworker is covering my leave and her and I talk often and will make everything work. 

I'm actually starting to stress about my leave. I do payroll for a school system and the teachers are currently still negotiating their contract and it is looking like they won't have it done before school starts. I wanted to do as many things in advance of my leave as I can, but everything relies on them settling. I only have 6 payrolls left after this week's before leave and that is not much time at all!! I wish my boss would take that a little more seriously because I don't want my coworker to get slammed with everything since she will still have to do her job concurrently while I am out. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 yup, I totally get it. It’s like they don’t want to talk about it because then they can pretend like it’s not happening - I’m due three months from tomorrow! Be proactive, people. 
  • Options
    is bitching about other kids a no-no? yesterday i was at a special interest convention that had a couple of huge bounce houses for kids. the one that was appropriate for my 3yo had windows that were high up, so i had to stand on my tip-toes against the outside wall in order to keep an eye on her. after about 5 minutes, 3 older boys (about 7-8ish) started to play tag inside and would ram each other into the wall... exactly where i was standing. they saw and knew what they were doing. after the 3rd time, i yelled at them (“yelled” because it was so loud) to please stop bumping into me because they were hurting me. i had to repeat myself a few times so each boy could hear/rehear me. the part that really ticked me off was although they stopped directly running into me, they started staring me down, jumping as hard as they could right in front of me, trying to block my view and mock me for ruining their fun. ...if i was their mom...
  • Options
    First day back to work for professional development. We are team building this afternoon by bowling at the local bowling alley. I'm having to sit out because it's not just regular bowling, it's bowl while laying on your stomach or backwards between your legs -_-
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bkosy I had a couple worker who even after repeatedly telling it wasn't twins would ask if they found the other baby yet etc because of how much I was showing. I can't stand people latley
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016  i dislike the “mama bear” moniker, but i can’t help those hormones when it comes to someone picking on my kid. i try not to correct other kids unless someone could get hurt, but man do i want to irrationally hulk out sometimes. last year we were at a splash pad with about 30 fountains that came up from the pavement. one big girl instantly targeted dd (then 2yo), and wouldn’t let her play at any of the fountains. dd would move to a new fountain and the girl would follow her and step on it. i was taking video of dd so i have the whole thing recorded. even though i was getting irritated with the girl, i didn’t do anything because she wasn’t hurting dd; but like you said, i was wondering where the girl’s parent was to fuss at her to leave the little ones alone.
  • Options
    @highsteaks What is it with big kids trying to boss little toddlers around when they are just innocently minding their own business. I’m sure it’s an age appropriate developmental thing they go through, but it sure is annoying. I’ve noticed that a lot on the playground. That splash pad scenario would have made me so mad. 

My husband was making fun of me being a “mama bear” because he heard me talk to the girl when she was trying to block my son from going down the slide. I also don’t want to correct someone else’s kid, but when parents are nowhere to be found, I feel like it’s ok to gently say something to a child that is misbehaving. 

I gave it several minutes for the issue to resolve itself and to make sure I was understanding the entire situation before I decided to say something. I didn’t yell or scold, just told her to either go down the slide or let my son go down because she’s blocking him. 

• Options
    @highsteaks What is it with big kids trying to boss little toddlers around when they are just innocently minding their own business. I’m sure it’s an age appropriate developmental thing they go through, but it sure is annoying. I’ve noticed that a lot on the playground.
    yea i’m really wondering if it’s a developmental thing too. although ime it’s usually the same kids who are doing other things i strongly disapprove of so i tend to assume it’s just a strong willed personality type that’s not being *ahem* channeled properly. 

i sometimes second guess whether or not i should step in or let dd figure things out on her own. again, hormones can make it hard for me to be rational in the moment. in your situation, with the kid blocking the use of the slide, i would probably have said something, too.
  • Options
    My bitchfest is about work too. We went live with a new time clock/scheduling system and have gotten literally NO training, then they call a meeting and got mad at us for asking too many questions!!!!! I think that alone speaks for its self. Today was definitely a Monday and I already want to go to bed 
    nws
  • Options
    @ftm_jen I can't stand them either and I work in retail! I had a lady do almost the same thing to me as that during my last pregnancy. I told her she shouldn't say that because it was rude and she seriously did not get why. I just smile and walk away now
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I have to add one more work bf. Before we left for summer, I explained to my principal that I will be having to leave early twice a week starting sometime in Sept for non-stress tests. He said he would move my conference to last period so it wouldn't interfere with me teaching my classes. This afternoon, the master schedule has me listed as conference period in the middle of the day. While I would absolutely love the schedule, it would create many problems for me and my coworkers (who would have to take my students the days I had to leave). I reminded him about my appointments, but I really am not sure how/if he can rearrange things. 
  • Options
    @highsteaks @BabyBoyH92016 I hate it when big kids ruin the fun for the little ones! I used to take DD to the play area at the mall on cold days. It’s supposed to be for kids 5 and under but there are always kids way older, usually unsupervised making things unsafe for toddlers. I say if no one is supservising a kid they’re fair game for you to talk to. I gave a catty comment to a nanny the other day because her 6ish yo charge was bullying DD and she was chatting on her phone! 

I also got a “is it twins?” Question from the cashier at Publix today. Ugh, people. 

• Options
    I'm having twins girls and 3 people have already said my girl names are boy names..and one person even said it made their brain hurt. It has been pissing me off! People are so RUDE 
  • Options
    @kneenuhbeanz Makes their brain hurt? What in the heck sort of comment is that? I really think seeing a pregnant woman makes people dumber. Some of the things that are said to us...

@tessiesmom26 That is frustrating. Do you think it would help if your coworker approached your boss about the issue since she'll be the one covering? She'll be there to pick up that slack so maybe he'll take her more seriously. 

@highsteaks @lifesabeach85 @BabyBoyH92016 I'm wondering if I'm a little overprotective because I would have said something in all of these scenarios! Especially the little girl following DD around the splash pad-- that is bullying as far as I'm concerned!
    You guys might be onto something w/ the developmental theory. This past weekend DD was playing with her 10 year old cousin who was generally being sweet to her but also very bossy. She kept telling DD "no" when she wasn't doing anything wrong and when DD became fascinated with this toy sea turtle, her cousin kept trying to take it from her so she could take the batteries out as a "prank". I don't think I disguised my annoyance with her very well lol.
  • Options
    @kneenuhbeanz I think some people have never heard the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" I'm so sorry people have said that to you.

@MouseMama817 that sounds amazing and so relaxing! I hope you have a great time!
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 We both have our evaluations coming up so we plan to try to talk to him then. He's young, and is great when it comes to budgets and finance, but not so much with the people skills. Hopefully we can get him to come around. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    I'm having twins girls and 3 people have already said my girl names are boy names..and one person even said it made their brain hurt. It has been pissing me off! People are so RUDE 
    Well now I'm just kinda curious what you have picked out for names if someone responded with "it made their brain hurt" :D  People are rude and have to give an opinion on everything it seems, especially when it's related to pregnancy/babies.  My MIL has already informed me that she doesn't like the girl name we have picked and will just "come up with a special name of her own" <--- yeaaahhh... not gonna happen.  She can say that all she likes, but if she actually attempts to do this I'ma be putting the kibosh on that real quick.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Painting and pregnancy doean't mix! I can only paint for 30 seconds before I am out of breath and have to sit down again! This is getting me no where fast.
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years are you using a long pole attached to your roller? it makes the work so much easier and quicker! plus way less bending over!!
  • Options
    @highsteaks it was all trim work today :( Going up and down a step ladder the first half of the day and sitting on the floor the second.
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years ugh, the worst!
  • Options
    Here I thought it was just a super hot summer, I’ve been sweaty and hormonal and hot- but no, turns out MH installed a new thermostat and he’s been controlling it from an app keeping the AC at a ridiculous temperature. It’s not just pregnant me waking up soaking wet everyday, changing my shirt and underwear multiple times a day, MH was just being a cheapass. I know he was trying to conserve and save, yea, well you’re smoking me and my sweaty chaffed thighs out!!! Ugh. Obviously the AC has now been set at a more reasonable temperature. 
  • Options
    Well now I'm just kinda curious what you have picked out for names if someone responded with "it made their brain hurt" :D  People are rude and have to give an opinion on everything it seems, especially when it's related to pregnancy/babies.  My MIL has already informed me that she doesn't like the girl name we have picked and will just "come up with a special name of her own" <--- yeaaahhh... not gonna happen.  She can say that all she likes, but if she actually attempts to do this I'ma be putting the kibosh on that real quick.
    Ramsey and Charlee are the names we picked out. It's mainly ramsey that people have been after me for! Yeah I wouldn't let anyone give my child a different name if they didn't like what their actual name was! People are so ridiculous 
  • Options
    I have to take the three hour gd test tomorrow. I’m already so grumpy about it, I can’t imagine how grumpy I’m going to be after fasting/blood draws/gross sugar drink. Ugh.
  • Options
    @iheartbooks gl with the 3 hour! Hopefully you don't have any side effects from the drink.

Anybody else's baby starting to think the middle of the night is playtime? 2 nights in a row she's been power kicking, stretching, and flipping. I'm so tired. :cry:
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy yup! Most nights for the last few weeks, without fail, 3 am baby is up and kicking. I got a couple nights rest but last night baby was back at it. So tired. 
  • Options
    The central air panel in our office was taken off the wall this morning and says "low battery". It looks like someone tried to put in new batteries but it didn't work. It's hot as balls and I am just hoping and praying that they come back soon to finish fixing it!

Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    DH is driving me insane. I’ve mentioned before, we have three nieces and nephews who are partially/not vaccinated. I asked the doctor today and she confirmed, like I knew she would, that she wouldn’t have them around baby. DH also doesn’t think he “needs” the TDap shot because he doesn’t want to “put crap” in his body and “none of his friends have gotten it.” Meanwhile I’m just over here growing your child but sure, don’t put anything in your pristine temple of a body! I told him to come with me to the next appointment to ask the doctor for himself but he conceded to just get the shot, but we are struggling with the kids. SIL had a baby in Feb and her rule was kids could not touch or hold baby until she was 2 months and had her shots. Thinking if I can at least get him to compromise to that I’ll feel a little better. Husbands are so frustrating!!! 
  • Options
    MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited August 2018
    @firsttimespartanmom That would make me SO angry. I think you’re lucky though that your SIL forged a little bit of a path with her policy. We luckily don’t have any anti-vaxers in our fam with the exception of the flu shot, which is my big concern. I’ve gotten commitments to get the shot from about half of my family and for the rest they’re either going to have to agree to wear face masks/hand wash/sanitize/have limited exposure to my baby when they come to visit, or not visit at all if they don’t like my restrictions. 

@emjohn517 This made me laugh out loud. What game was he playing?! These crazy men and their damn digital assistants.

@kneenuhbeanz Those are perfectly normal names to me. Nice choices!
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 ugh, I’m not even going to try the flu shot battle. I don’t think DH’s family will be around all that much and I’ll just insist on hand washing. After asking him to do some research and talk to other guys who have had kids recently, I think he is starting to come around. Fingers crossed! 
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom i think that most of the time first time fathers tend to get that protective instinct after baby is born and they see them. here’s to hoping that at the very least it’ll click and he’ll come around to what you’ve been saying when baby makes their appearance.
  • Options
    @highsteaks thank you for that  <3 i sure hope so!
  • Options
    So MFing annoyed that the fancy front load washer DH insisted on replacing our perfectly-fine-but-not-as-pretty top loader with just broke, like I knew it damn would. The error code could either mean that something needs to be unclogged or that the motherboard or some other ridiculous thing needs to be replaced. He leaves tomorrow for that week-long trip so it’s up to me to find a repairman and drop more money we don’t have. :rage:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Uggghhhh M woke me up at 10:30 last night because she was thirsty.  For once I was sleeping soundly and hadn't already woken up.  Of course after that it took forever to fall asleep and I tossed and turned the rest of the night.   :s  :s  :s Worst part... she had a 1/2 full water bottle sitting on her dresser that she could have very easily gotten to without waking me.

@MouseMama817 ugh... good luck with the washer!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    DD caught my cold and was up at 11, 12, and 1 not feeling well. I was able to fall back asleep after each of those but constantly being woken up like that gave me a huge headache. One sweet thing is that the first of those wake ups was because she had a growing pain in her leg and when DH went in to see what she needed she only wanted me. Usually he’s the star of the show so that made me a teeny bit less frustrated at the interrupted sleep.
  • Options
    My DD’s sleep issues are continuing still after a month. The past three days have been awful. Last night she woke up at 1030, and was basically awake and in and out of her bed every 10-20 minutes until 215am. She fell asleep finally and slept until 640. Sent her back to bed and she fell asleep until 8. Similar wake ups the 2 nights before as well. MH and I have literally tried everything, and we are at our wits end. I ended up calling her pediatrician today and spoke with a nurse. She relayed all the issues to the doctor who wants us to come in tomorrow for a “consult”. I’m so frustrated I want to cry. It’s taking a toll on not only my mental health but how I’m treating DD as well. I have been so short with her and yelling more than I’d like to admit. I hate it and it’s breaking my heart, but she’s literally pushing me to my breaking point. I hope the doctor has SOMETHING to offer to help us. I can’t take it anymore. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker