February 2019 Moms

Ask a STM week of August 6

2»

Re: Ask a STM week of August 6

• @lifeislove87 - It depends. Some do it early, some wait until 28 weeks still. Some make you do it early even if you haven't had GD based on maternal weight, some don't. It's all over the place.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• This is an incredibly heartwarming discussion of feeding. You all are great <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @kayjay44 thanks! I’m in Canada so I don’t have an OB yet but I may call my endo, my blood sugars crashed today and then went through the roof, my GD is genetic and so hard to control. I dread drinking the orange drink though
  • @lifeislove87 I had GD with my first and I was told they won’t test me until the standard 28 weeks. Mine was diet controlled and I never needed meds though, and she mentioned that’s why she felt comfortable waiting. I see another OB next week though, and I’ll double check with him.
  • Only my fasting sugar was high. I’ll talk to the GD care nurse Thursday before my regular 12 week appt. I might be harassing you guys about this later! 
  • Why the fuck is my 18 month old suddenly waking up screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night? Literally last night I thought there was an axe murderer in our apartment, went sprinting into his room and as soon as he saw me he started giggling. Glad to see you too baby, but go back to sleep!!! I know there's an 18 month sleep regression, but this is so different than the other sleep regressions. It almost seems like he's having nightmares? Is that a thing?
  • @BourbonBiscuits my 18 month old started crying recently  after we put him to bed, i wasn’t sure if it was sleep regression or   separation anxiety. 
  • Totally could be separation anxiety @disneybaby84. Ugh. I never know what to do about stuff like this. He's also been really off during the day - extra clingy and more tantrums than usual. My mom says our expectations of him are too high and that he just wants her to come over and hold him *eyeroll*
  • @BourbonBiscuits - DDs nightmares started just after 18 months. It’s hard to deal with when they are so young. She still has them at 4  :|

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @BourbonBiscuits is he fully waking up? Could they be night terrors? 
  • @BourbonBiscuits 18 months is the devil age. It is a miserable. Miserable. Miserable. Age. Mine is sleeping. Thankfully. Somehow. But yells all the time. 
  • Half year to whole year is always the worst 18mo -2, 2.5-3, 3.5-4). There is a developmental reason for it and is actually literature about it. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @BourbonBiscuits is he fully waking up? Could they be night terrors? 
    He’s fully awake for sure. He’s been having night terrors since he was little bitty; those are almost easier because once he wakes up he’s so exhausted he goes right back down
  • @BourbonBiscuits your poor sleep :( that’s rough!
  • Who else has a two year old that is making them loose there freaking minds?  When do they start listening better.  My son has started resisting his naps which in turn makes him a absolute monster by 3 pm everyday.  He has started smacking and biting me when he doesn’t get his way. We have started time outs to help correct that behavior but then the toy rhrowing temper tantrum starts.  Ugh! just tell me there is a light at the end of this tunnel!
  • @lifeofboggs - The tantrums get better because you can reason with them somewhat when they are 3-4 (depending on their verbal ability). But 3/4 brings its own set of challenges... so... I'm not sure it really gets better until 18+.

FWIW, I forgot how hard 2 is. My daughter was much more verbal (she was a freak that was speaking in full sentences at 18 mo), so dealing with a normal 2 year old who talks a normal amount is really freaking hard. It gets better, but new challenges present themselves.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• He’s right on track for verbal ability for his age but I try and sit to talk to him to tell him biting is owned and hitting is mean but he just runs away.  He is a huge ball of energy as in he never sits still longer then like 15 mins and then he is running again.  I’m kind of jealous of the moms who can get there two year olds to watch a movie lol mine won’t yet.

• He’s right on track for verbal ability for his age but I try and sit to talk to him to tell him biting is owned and hitting is mean but he just runs away.  He is a huge ball of energy as in he never sits still longer then like 15 mins and then he is running again.  I’m kind of jealous of the moms who can get there two year olds to watch a movie lol mine won’t yet.

Stellan definitely doesn't sit still for a movie like Britta does. He gets into shit and into trouble. That's why he's sitting next to DH on our trip next month and I get DD  :D

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

•  :D:D  nothing wrong with that! I’m seriously looking into some type of 2k program just to get him around other kids his age and get some of his pent up energy out!  

Fx that #2 is the calm one!
  • FWIW, #2 is my calm one for the most part. Having a wild #1 helped keep our expectations in check  :D I'm just hoping #3 is easier than the first two.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016