July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 7/28 - 7/29

13»

Re: Weekend Randoms 7/28 - 7/29

• We have the frida comb thing for the cradle cap and it’s been helping. We’ve only bathed 3 times so that’s the only time we’ve done something about it. I apply lotion in between baths and it’s slowly looking better. 
    We have some congestion sounds not so much weezing. I’ve tried saline and bulb but don’t seem to get much of anything. He doesn’t have any other symptoms so I’m just keeping an eye on it. He’s had it since he was born so I’m guessing normal since pedi hasn’t said anything about it and all his appointments check out fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • @noideawhatshesdoing opening the windows sounds amazing, I am too lazy to open and close windows as the temperature outside constantly changes so I just keep the central AC on all the time. I had a similar dilemma as you, both kiddos are napping and I didn’t know if I should nap or shower. I chose shower because I smelled sooo bad from a night of sweating, and I have my two week postpartum check up later. If I didn’t have to leave the house today, I’d have chosen nap. Now I am clean and both are still sleeping, but I know the baby will wake up soon so I won’t bother napping. Netflix it is! 
  • Omg @noideawhatshesdoing the visual of your morning has me cracking up. There are no spiders that are allowed to cross my threshold and it’s definitely worth showing a boob to eliminate!
  • @hillbillywife It was huge! And I don't do spiders. Or ants. They both make me gag and I get all sweaty. I've been known to leave the house and wait for DH to come home and deal with it, but since I'm a mom now, I guess I can't do that anymore. Lol. The good news is I'm not a prude when it comes to nudity, our house is half glass and I do my fair share of walking around here in just my underwear and a bra when it's hot because the AC can't keep up and anyone driving by could see if they looked in. But totally having a boob pop out is a new experience for my neighbors, I can't wait until the next HOA meeting.

@zande2016 I'm going to have to close the windows for the day soon, but I just needed a break from the air conditioning it just kills my sinuses. I smell and could use a shower but might just have to wait until DH is home from work. And I'm desperate for a nap, but I'm a terrible daytime sleeper. Plus the poop king is awake again so the next chance I get will probably be when he's taking an actual nap in a couple of hours, he gets my daytime napping skills I guess. Good thing he's so cute.
  • hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited July 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 We have had wheezing but the Dr said it's from acid reflux. Is that a possibility?

@noideawhatshesdoing Our living room is all Windows and i definitely walk around half dressed most of the time. Recently I've been getting more daring and even going around topless while the yard guy is mowing. No modesty anymore lol.
  • millpemillpe member
    @noideawhatshesdoing today I went outside on my deck while pumping... the dogs needed to go out so I just did what was necessary. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @moguippy No shame in that game
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Last night at home before induction tomorrow night and seriously considering what I want for dinner. DH has class tonight so I get to choose whatever delivery I want and don't have to worry that he won't like the place I choose. Sooo hard to pick!

What is your go to dinner when you don't have to worry about DH?
  • Oh my god yes. I'm not even embarrassed anymore. I was pumping while doing dishes one day and the neighbor came over and definitely saw me through the glass door. And I have a pumping bra that isn't full coverage like some of them. It has wide openings (pump strap), for my wider flanges which is great, but you can totally see my nipples when I use it. But oh well, I don't care anymore. I just grabbed my shawl that I had nearby (and usually use when I'm sitting on the couch but didn't use this time because I didn't want it in the way while doing dishes) and threw that around me. No big deal.
  • nimmle said:
    Last night at home before induction tomorrow night and seriously considering what I want for dinner. DH has class tonight so I get to choose whatever delivery I want and don't have to worry that he won't like the place I choose. Sooo hard to pick!

PAnera bread 
  • @nimmle Panera or Italian, DH hates sandwiches/soup combos and thinks Italian out is a waste of money (Italian family). That being said if I could have any take out in the world right now I'd go chinese food, but that's hard for just 1.
  • @nimble that’s basically impossible for me to answer because my H is obsessed with takeout. I can’t think of a single cuisine or type of takeout or restaurant that we would scoff at. That being said, these days I’m still pretty obsessed with pizza (making up for lost time from months of not eating it during pregnancy). 
  • nimmle said:
    Veggie sushi or lemon chicken from this Mediterranean restaurant down the street. DH would pretty much only go for Chinese, pizza, bbq, or burgers. 
  • @nimmle does popcorn and wine count? 

I also have no shame in the nipple game we have big windows and there have been workers outside in our neighbors yards lately and I don't give one bother if they see boob out when nursing our pumping. haha
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• nimmle said:

Swiss Chalet....it’s a Canadian rotisserie chicken place and they have the bestdippimg sauce and I order a huge extra tub all for me (DH is a weirdo that doesn’t like the sauce lol). 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @lindsayleigh1989 Hmm...definitely got your fruits and vegetables covered with the popcorn and wine. I'll give it a thumbs up.
  • @nimmle does popcorn and wine count? 
     Fiber and fruit.. Counts in my book! 
  • And846And846 member
    @lindsayleigh1989 ahahah!! I’m with you but swap the popcorn for cheese! 

@nimmle id go for Indian takeout! DH does not like spicy food so that is my splurge. 
  • I love Mediterranean food from Cava!