July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 7/28 - 7/29

Re: Weekend Randoms 7/28 - 7/29

• Options
    @kissableviv hang in there with the cluster feeding! I hope you get some sleep soon!

@ashbub714 baby blues lasted a bit for me too, more than two weeks, and the mourning of the old life is totally normal. I had trouble acknowledging that I was having a hard time because I was worried DH wouldn't want to have more kids with me if he thought I was a basket case over 1, but we talked it through it an he assured me that was the last thing on his mind, which made me feel better to talk about it.

@noideawhatshesdoing one of my corgis (also a herding breed) corrected the crying of DS for awhile and eventually got over it. He doesn't do great with surprising noises of any kind so I'm sure we'll go through that again until he understands that his cries aren't a threat to be neutralized. The other 3 dogs are pretty low key about new house guests.

congrats @canucklehead123 and @whiskeyandtrouble

AFM, bed at 10 last night after an awesome day out, DS transfered to the bed perfectly after falling asleep in the car because he was so exhausted from hanging with Grandma, lol. Going on 40 +3 for me, no contractions this morning and none really yesterday evening. Had a tiny glass of red wine at MIL's along with walking at the fair and nothing. Sigh. Maybe if its cool today DS and I will get the dogs out for a long walk in the woods and we'll try and get some sex in. Time to look at the "Overdue" section of spinning babies and just try and get some cleaning projects finished, making the most of the extra time is the only way I might not go insane!
  • Options
    @kissableviv have you tried a pacifier? I know they say to wait because of nipple confusion but F that. Your LO may just need to suck on something for comfort, especially if you think he is very full. I started baby on the pacifier in the hospital and we use it whenever she's super full but still want to to suck, and it has not affected her nursing at all. It was the same for DD1.

Also, GROSS to the pimple popping videos. Makes me want to vomit lol

I love that my target has the Starbucks. I am not familiar with all of my drink options there, but at work they have a semi-starbucks coffee shop and I always get a white chocolate mocha. Soooo yummy!

@ashbub714 and @rachelsogo hugs! Having your first baby is really hard because everything is new and overwhelming. Take it one half day at a time, and don't pressure yourself to do anything except what you can handle.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reading about everyone’s baby blues takes me back to after I has my DS and it makes me feel for all of you! It does get better, ladies. It may not feel like it right now, but one day you’ll just feel a little better and then the next day you’ll feel a little better until you eventually feel almost “normal”. 

AFN, tandem nursing is about to kill me. My son is wanting to nurse constantly and I just can’t handle it. DD goes back and forth between cluster feeding and nursing every 1.5 hours-ish. I’m trying to get toddler to only nurse in the morning and before bedtime (which is what he was doing before baby was born) but he literally asks to nurse all day long. I know we are only two weeks out from a huge life change for him but if this lasts much longer I am going to have to wean him.. Which has never been my long term BF goal but at this point, I’ve made it almost 3 years so I’d say that’s a good stopping point/milestone even if he doesn’t self wean. Ugh. I don’t know.

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 oh yes, paci all the way...helps a bit but then he wants the boob!

@canucklehead123 and @whiskeyandtrouble congratulations!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @canucklehead123 and @whiskeyandtrouble !

Um, why are pimple popping videos a thing. Yuck! 

@kissableviv is it possible it's the type of pacifier? Mine will only suck on the soothie kind, the other kinds he'll take for a little bit but then spit out and act hungry when he's clearly just wanting to suck. 

@SmashJam did your corgi just bark or also nip when trying to correct the crying? I've got a red heeler and I just love herding dogs and their loyalty, but heavens, when you break their routine it just messes with their OCD tendencies and they can be major jackasses. Hoping he'll get over the correcting soon, diaper changes are the worst because DS doesn't like the fresh air on his bum and just shrieks. Until then we've been calling him Hannibal Dingo when he's wearing the basket muzzle. He hates it and tries to get it off, but it's that or he's shut out of the room completely. Fx labor starts soon for you! Can't wait to hear baby Bernie is here!
  • Options
    Congratulations to all our new mamas!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing he just barked, no nipping, thankfully. We have three corgis and he's the only one that has the issue!
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I’ll be honest with ya. I ended up talking about the “loss” of my previous life with H when I had DD in therapy. I truely grieved. I would never trade DD but it was a process. Actually this LO was an “accident” and I stressed because I had just started getting back to me and H . I’m nervous for how my emotional state will play out through these first two years but again we wouldn’t trade LO for anything. If you need to go to therapy then go. It helps to just talk.
  • Options
    I had the baby blues fog real bad with my first. I think it's a combination of the feeling of losing your freedom, the difficulty and initial pain of BF, lack of sleep, and uncertainty of how I was doing. The feeling started going away by the time she slept through the night and was totally gone for me by her first birthday. Thankfully I am not feeling it at all yet (it hasn't even been 2 weeks though).

I never sought help with my PPD on my first, and I wish I had since it lingered so long. I just didn't feel at the time that it was bad enough to seek help for. But in hindsight, I really didn't enjoy DD as a newborn because of it, and now I almost feel robbed, if that makes sense...
  • Options
    And846And846 member
    @elizabethrn87 that is such a raw insight and i appreciate your transparency on your thoughts about previous life and relationship with H.

though i haven’t felt any ppd, i do miss parts of my old life, getting up and going places when i feel like it, time spent with H...LO was very much planned and we knew life would change but i didn’t realize I’d miss some of the “freedom” i took for granted. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv my DD1 was also picky about her pacifiers but once we found the one she liked we were golden.

My dad and brother are finally here and I'm so relieved. It puts less pressure on me to converse with my mom in any meaningful way, and my dad isn't too shy to take the kids places or run his own errands. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing We have 2 Australian Shepherd mixes. One of them is totally in love with dd. He has to be wherever she is. He comes to check on her, even giving her a tiny nudge if she is sleeping. DD is his girl. Our other aussie is mad at us, for lack of better words. She has been our baby since she was 7 weeks old. She has ignored DD for the most part. Occasionally smelling her, even licked her face once or twice. However, she no longer jumps on our bed to sleep on the foot of it. She no longer comes when called, she runs to the backyard or under our bed instead. She is sketchy to a point, in the sense that she seems on edge. I've made it a point to give her as much attention as possible and reassure her she is still my baby. We are also experiencing a heat wave with humidity, so taking the dogs for a walk at the moment is a bit hard. I'm tempted to talk to a behaviorist because its concerning. However Google Milan says this is an adjustment period and the dogs will get used to the baby. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @ashbub714 Sending you hugs!!! The crying has happened for me as well, at least once a day. Uncontrollable cry. Typically it's in front of DH or while I'm holding dd. I'm trying to just take it as it comes and not fight the surge of emotions. Please know you are not alone in this. We are all in this together, supporting eachother through it. I'm do very glad you've shared this with us. Dont be afraid to reach out to your doctor either, even a nurse hotline (if it's available). 

• Options
    Edit is not working for me, so I apologize for posting multiple times back to back.

@kissableviv I agree with pp, finding the right type of paci dd liked really helped with her suckling addiction. She would spit out the ones given to her at the hospital. Mam has been her preference. I've also learned to have back ups of these bad boys because boy do they help!! 

@SmashJam fx labor happens asap! The damn waiting game is one of those roller coasters you want to get off because they suck. Hey Bernie, gtfo!!! Your momma is ready for you!!!!

Congratulations new mommas!

Afm, still in process of writing my birth story. Every time I go to do this, dd is up and ready for food. Girl can eat. I'll post it some day, hopefully soon. Dh is getting on my nerves. He decided to take paternity leave now rather than in August when as we discussed. He helps with dd as much as he is able (he has been pulling all nights so I can sleep). However, his comments make me want to donkey punch him in the nuts. He had a 23 year old daughter. That's 20+ years of not knowing what it's like to have a newborn baby. Apparently he thinks he knows what's best and I need to listen to him (traditions on his culture, what worked for his first daughter, etc.). Nope. Sorry, not how this works. I may be a ftm however that instinct has kicked in, which I'm not able to explain, and I will not allow others to tell me what they think is best for my daughter, even my husband. My friends mom asked me how things were going between DH and I. I admitted that it is hard to share dd with him, even though he is my partner and dd's dad. I just want my newborn for myself, if that makes sense. 
    I am trying and doing my best. Taking it day by day, sometimes hour by hour. I have to remind myself that I gave birth 9 days ago and need to take it as easy as possible. As well as accept what changes are happening to me. Taking the time every day to shower has been one major thing for my mental state. I feel better when this has happened. 

• Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    Congrats to all the new mommas!! For those of you suffering from the baby blues or maybe even PPD/PPA I am so sorry you are going through this. The good thing is that it's perfectly normal and you are recognizing it. You have a wonderful community here who is rooting for you.

AFM - We are officially "fashionably late" with this pregnancy. I think I overdid it yesterday between cleaning, shopping and then going to our friend's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I am exhausted today. Only 11:15am and I already took a nap. One bonus is while I was sleeping on the couch, DH was busy dusting the livingroom!! I am shocked. Looks like he has a bit of a nesting bug happening. Goal for today is to get my laundry done so I at least don't have to clean my clothes for awhile after baby gets here.
  • Options
    @ashbub714 I actually originally came in here to share how anxious I am about tomorrow since my DH will be headed back to work after being home with us for 2 weeks. It’s also our first baby and while I feel I have a handle on it, it’s overwhelming to think I’ll be down a set of hands. Sending you positive vibes! 

@kissableviv solidarity with the babe always wanting the boob. We have finally got her going 3 hour stretches at night, but during the day it’s more on than off. I’m sure a lot of it is comfort and not actual hunger which works because I’m glad she feels that security, but it really limits my mobility. We are going to start babywearing today so I’m curious to see if that helps soothe her and allows me to use restroom/grab food/get up for a couple minutes without angry wailing. 

@noideawhatshesdoing When towards the end of pregnancy I asked our vet for recommendations on getting pups adjusted since they were our “babies” before our human arrived. She recommended these calming collars https://www.chewy.com/adaptil-calming-adjustable-dog-collar/dp/141890 they had them in office, but it looks like you can buy them several places online. We put them on a week before I was due (I ended up going over a week) and just took them off last night when baby is almost 2 weeeks. Not sure if they helped or not, but the dogs were a lot better than I expected, especially our tiny yorkie. Our Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Reriever still likes to get really close with his nose, but no aggression as of yet. Maybe they would help? 
  • Options
    Congrats @amdftw @canucklehead123 and @whiskeyandtrouble!!

ugh exhaustion has led to migraine which has led to physical illness or maybe vice versa. Wish it was a rainy day so it was cloudy and cool. DH has a soccer game today so jt will be me and the girls for around 3-4 hours this afternoon. Fingers crossef they nap at the same time today! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Y’all. My husband only has one week left at home with me and the two kids. I’m freaking out. We are going on a mini holiday for a few days down to the coast, which will be nice, but I am seriously getting anxious about not being able to handle both littles at once when he goes back to work. I had very bad PPA and PPD with my DS (it’s a super long and depressing story) but so far with DD I haven’t even had an inkling that it was coming back.. How can I keep myself from losing it? 

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Options
    @SmashJam lucky, I wish mine just barked, but he's started nipping during diaper changes so he can't even be in the room.

@zombiehoohaa I've had my heeler since he was 6 months, he's almost 12 years old. But he's a rescue and I'm his third owner (that we know of) so he's a little extra possessive of me compared to other heelers I've had in the past. He has been around a lot of babies and has always been good with them, but those babies always go home at the end of the day or sleep elsewhere so he gets a break. We did get him out for a bit this morning to play with his jolly egg which burns a lot of his energy down since he's trying to herd the thing. Just hoping this eventually passes because he's my boy and now he's just being a pill. In the morning he's totally cool about the baby, sniffs him, licks him, doesn't really bark, but by the afternoon he's just over it. He nipped once (DH got baby out of the way) and has really tense body language in the afternoon and barks like a crazy dog. Thankfully DS doesn't seem to give a F about the barking. Hope your pup gets used to the baby soon! Also, +1 for taking the time to getting a shower and that being such a positive mental thing. Keep up the good work!

@natalie_1989 thanks for the reco, I might have to give those collars a try. We've had good luck with https://farmdognaturals.com/products/relax-stress-and-anxiety-formula and https://www.chewy.com/ark-naturals-happy-traveler-dog-cat/dp/35615?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Ark Naturals&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkeXwxvjE3AIVQZRpCh1mbQiJEAQYASABEgIU2_D_BwE for things like thunder storms and 4th of July, I was hoping they would help keep him a little more zen with the baby, but they haven't been working.

• Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing after I wrote out that response, my girl came and laid next to dd. Small victories! 
    Thankfully Pari hasn't nipped dd. She is only 4 y/o.  She is the same way with other babies and littles. Even going so far as herding them when outside playing. She gets up in my 1.5 year old niece's face/mouth and goes to town, which my niece is more than happy to allow. Even goes in if Pari stops. Gross, yet kind of cute. I'm hoping this is just a small phase and she'll adjust fully. Fx to things getting better for your boy. 

• Options
    So LO took 3oz via bottle this am so I gave him the boob 20 min later. Then we waited 40 min and gave him a bath which we had delayed for days, he spit up a bunch in the past few days and had a blowout this morning so he needed it! After that, he fell asleep super heavily on the R&P and going on 2.5 hours...wish I could just bathe him during cluster feeding times to knock him out lol.
  • Options
    @kissableviv Oh I so feel you!! I am trying not to use a pacifier as much right now since she is cluster feeding all the time but that and baths help her sleep and goodness she has been fighting it all day long! 

• Options
    @kissableviv we’ve always done baths right before bedtime for that very reason. Still works like a charm for my 2 year old too! 
  • Options
    Also I am a little bit obsessed with Target drive up but also mad I can't get any perishables through it.

• Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @lindsayleigh1989 What is this Target drive up and why have I not heard of this?
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 They are building the space for the Target Drive-up at my local store. I cannot wait! It is sucky that perishables are not available for this. It's not even available to order through Cartwheel. Bummer because I'm in major need of coffee creamer!

• Options
    You guys are making me miss Target. Literally every time I come to the states, the first place I go is target. LITERALLY first thing lol I can’t wait to be back in the USA <3

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Options
    @nimmle you order through the app and within two hours, usually much less, you can drive up in a designated spot and they bring everythinf out to your car! 

• Options
    Anyone dealing with cradle cap? I dont remember how I treated it with my first, I want to say it was baby oil massaged gently into the scalp but hes 6 so I dont remember too well. DD is starting to get it as well and  super dry flaking skin on her forehead also, regulat lotion for that? Aquaphor isnt helping much on her forehead so far 
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 I think you usually use an oil like olive or baby to help soften it up and then wash normally. 

• Options
    millpemillpe member
    @kbernal2021 my ped said to use an oil like @lindsayleigh1989 said to soften it. Then I take a comb and kinda gently scrape it off and then wash it off.  To wash off I just use a wet cloth if I am not doing a bath. My ped said to not leave the oil on as it can make it worse. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    I noticed the Target drive up spaces for the first time on Saturday. Something tells me they will be used quite a bit in the near future!
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 I am pretty sure I used coconut oil when my older son had it. Then rinse and comb it out. I’ve heard calendula cream is good too. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the baby shampoo being used makes a difference with the cradle cap? Like maybe some are more drying than others
  • Options
    DS also has some flaky skin on his forehead but I thought I should leave it alone? Some baby acne also appeared but the pediatrician had told us about it.
  • Options
    millpemillpe member
    @kbernal2021 I don't know for sure, but i don't think the shampoo makes a difference. My ped actually said it's caused by a fungus, but doing some research online it looks like there are varying opinions on that. But from what i found, it's different than just dry skin. 

@kissableviv I also thought it was just dry skin until our ped brought it up. Online it looks like some cases will just take care of themselves, but she recommended the oil and comb method and its definitely helping. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    baby frida makes a product for cradle cap/ washing in general you could try for loosening it up, but we used oil and than just a brush/comb to gently work on it. 

Does anyone have a wheezing baby? We notice it when she is on our chest or on her back, she doesn't really do it when she is on her side though. Ive been using our nasal bulb aspirator a few times a day since i can hear it but never seems to last long. I plan mentioning it to our Ped on wednesday but didnt know if this was normal or not. both my husband and daughter have had bad colds this past week and a half so im sure she could have caught that as well. 

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I hear wheezing at times when he has some saliva and milk mixed in his throat and someome here mentioned they can't clear it yet so it's normal? It doesn't happen all the time though.
  • Options
    I have a little window of time before the tyrant wakes up and demands food. I can't decide if I should brush my teeth and take a shower or if I should attempt a nap! The choice is too hard!