March 2019 Moms

Loss of Nausea

2»

Re: Loss of Nausea

• navetenavete member
    @knottie503e9b9df5eb86ec Thanks for checking in and providing your honest feedback. I'm sorry for your losses and that you are put off by the responses to your threads. I hope you reconsider joining the group because it really is a community of supportive women. If you introduce yourself in the intro thread and jump into some of the weekly threads (you might find the PGAL "pregnancy after a loss" one really supportive), you'll get a better feel for the community. Whatever you choose, I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy  <3.
  • I'm trying to get back into TB after a long hiatus.  My Oct. 13 group moved to FB and I never looked back to TB.  At that same time, about 2 years after DD was born, TB got really strict with rules and there was a mass exodus.  Even by the most loyal posters.  So far, this group seems great.  I dont personally care whether someone wants to make a random question outside of a post, especially with how slow it is here now, but to each his own.  It's nowhere near as snarky as I have seen in the past.  I have met some wonderful friends through TB and would love to this time around too.   
  • Loading the player...
  • So since I guess my post kind of started all this, I'll respond. 

First off, my post was not "angry." Please don't project feelings that aren't there onto replies.

Second, people are welcome to ask questions like this (even if I personally think it's silly when google would give a much faster answer). However, as others said, there is a place for it. It's the questions thread or the symptoms thread. No one has to ask permission to start a thread. I've started, I think, two so far? It's just generally accepted on these boards that threads should pertain to most people or multiple people and not be all about you, otherwise the board gets cluttered. 

Third, if you don't like the board culture, work to change it. People might be surprised to hear this, I guess, but I actually am one of the ones who tends to be much less rigid about thread creation. I typically respond pretty pleasantly to newbies and try to genuinely help. My first post was exactly that. I legitimately and honestly do not understand why people ask a question like this when they would get a much faster answer by googling and doing some research and then calling their medical pro if they have a concern. I am flat out not going to tell someone "oh, it's probably nothing," and make them feel good or "you're having a miscarriage," and freak them out possibly unnecessarily. I genuinely believe the best answer to medical questions like this is "do some (legitimate, not randoms on the internet, some of whom are likely trolls) research and then call your medical pro if you're concerned." 
  • shrubshrub member
    Ahh this brings back memories. The mass exodus. I was really close with a few of my bumpies and some of them got lost in the move. It was a crazy time! I do miss some of the snark but appreciate some of the rules as well. I think that tone comes a little later when you start to get a feel for the way that people speak via typing. I'm laid back about random posts but I've also seen very polite responses to those that haven't posted in the "appropriate" threads. If the OP isnt getting their feelings hurt and neither is the responder, I just carry on.